ADVERTISEMENT

Napier's Ragin' Cajuns on Friday at 8:30 ESPN

Hope the players isn’t distracted from all the talk of their coach might be leaving.

Stop with the Napier stuff only going to end up disappointed. It's Beamer, unfortunately this AD has destroyed all fun and will to win in any sport we are hiring a guy nobody else wants. Horrible to watch. Don't even have WBB anymore, baseball going down the crapper as well. Ray = Total and complete dumpster fire
This has been taken out of Ray's hands. He is merely a figurehead. His handlers understand that the cost of failure has become unendurable. They have taken the wheel.

This has been taken out of Ray's hands. He is merely a figurehead. His handlers understand that the cost of failure has become unendurable. They have taken the wheel.

Where do you get this information???? Ray not handling the search. Are you kidding me.

Stop with the Napier stuff only going to end up disappointed. It's Beamer, unfortunately this AD has destroyed all fun and will to win in any sport we are hiring a guy nobody else wants. Horrible to watch. Don't even have WBB anymore, baseball going down the crapper as well. Ray = Total and complete dumpster fire
But for ones not sold on Nappier won’t be disappointed? Gotcha

According to Kornblut, Caslen is strongly pushing for someone with Head Coaching experience. GOOD (and in my opinion, WISE). Caslen will make the final decision. Napier is asking for an increase in the recruiting budget for more personnel in the recruiting office and other support staff. According to Kornblut, Napier is basing his request on how Nick Saban's recruiting operation is set up at Alabama. It looks like that's the hold up in bringing Napier here for what I believe would be a generational change in South Carolina football.

I suppose it's easy for me to sit here, and say give Napier the recruiting support he is asking for. I know that when Dabo became Head Coach, he asked Clemson for changes, which I assume was in the same area that Napier is asking for. The rest, as they say, is Clemson history. Are we willing to make the same commitment? I don't know. But, remember when Steve Spurrier made the same comment/question that Boston Red Sox fans used to make: "Why Not Us?"? Well, now we may know the answer to "Why Not Us?".

No - not except in a technical sense. There are several hands on the wheel. The General is running this more than any other person. The consequences of failure would be cataclysmic and Ray is limited, as previously shown.

I don’t get it.

What do you mean in a technical sense? Ray is running the search. Yes, there are others, like Caslen involved. That is always the case. But the primary administrator is Ray. You are speculating otherwise. If you have definite information then say so.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
I don’t get it.

What do you mean in a technical sense? Ray is running the search. Yes, there are others, like Caslen involved. That is always the case. But the primary administrator is Ray. You are speculating otherwise. If you have definite information then say so.

If Ray Tanner is the primary ANYTHING in regard to anything even remotely related to an athletic coach hire at the University of South Carolina, then drop all scholarship sports, convert W-B into the world's largest WWE arena, and take up chess for a hobby.

I don’t get it.

I THINK that K Ward is saying that Tanner is doing the leg work and giving his thoughts. BUT, Caslen is making the call. And, I'm fine with that. Don't misunderstand. I don't want Monken. And I'm sure it won't be him, as the triple option works for the military academies, not the SEC. But, Caslen had the good judgment to pick Monken. And that has worked out great for Army and turned around their program. Based on Tanner's history as AD, I trust Caslen's judgement a lot, lot more than I do Tanner's. But, that's me.

I don’t get it.

Be not deceived. The General is running the search. If the General weren't running the search, Beamer would have been named already. Tanner wants Beamer because Spurrier's boys want him. The General wants a head coach if we can get one, which is the reason Monken's name came up early and why we are waiting on Napier now. A long time sizable donor has imparted this to me.

Be not deceived. The General is running the search. If the General weren't running the search, Beamer would have been named already. Tanner wants Beamer because Spurrier's boys want him. The General wants a head coach if we can get one, which is the reason Monken's name came up early and why we are waiting on Napier now. A long time sizable donor has imparted this to me.
Tanner wants Beamer because Spurrier's boys want him. That's why Tanner shouldn't be AD.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
Tanner wants Beamer because Spurrier's boys want him. That's why Tanner shouldn't be AD.
Tanner loves our university and will do a professional job in finding a new coach. Nobody is perfect and will make mistakes, but the mindset of doing for the best interest of the school matters most to me.

Always enjoy reading your posts King Ward.

Reactions: king ward
I love what Tanner did as a baseball coach. I'll always appreciate him for that. But, it seems to me that Tanner is easily susceptible to being conned. Am I alone with that feeling? I mean he hired a failed football coach to take over from Spurrier. Then when that football coach had an above-average 2nd season, he gave him an unbelievable high buyout contract. Under General Caslen's leadership, Army found the man to turn around their football fortunes. All I can say is that I hope that General Caslen gets his man (Napier).

Where do you get this information???? Ray not handling the search. Are you kidding me.
There seems to be some disagreement. Tanner walked in with a top candidate, but other forces have intervened. I would not be surprised if Tanner asked for and was bought out of the remainder of his contract allowing him full retirement...and let the others figure out how to raise money and get along with the large donors. Tanner had the full backing of Pastides and the BOT (at least those who matter).

From a IAC Board member, you have it backward.

There seems to be some disagreement. Tanner walked in with a top candidate, but other forces have intervened. I would not be surprised if Tanner asked for and was bought out of the remainder of his contract allowing him full retirement...and let the others figure out how to raise money and get along with the large donors. Tanner had the full backing of Pastides and the BOT (at least those who matter).
Tanner has 23 years with SC. He can easily use his time at NC State to buy out time to get full State Of South Carolina pension benefits today.

Reactions: rogue cock
If it's backward, it isn't I who convoluted it.
I've known King Ward for a very long time and I assure you that his word is always good. He's a reputable man and I definitely stand by what he says.

You mean agents are driving this train?
I think they may very well be.
Looks like they may be holding all the cards too,
And driving this train.
As fans we will be able to watch when they decide what’s what and whens when.

Tanner has 23 years with SC. He can easily use his time at NC State to buy out time to get full State Of South Carolina pension benefits today.
True, didn't think about NC applying to SC retirement, but still wouldn't surprise me to see him asking to be bought out, retire to HHI and become another Carlen.

I've known King Ward for a very long time and I assure you that his word is always good. He's a reputable man and I definitely stand by what he says.
I have seldom had disagreements with KW, but I was told the opposite on Tuesday by a board member that I was having lunch with. He didn't say a lot, but he did say that Napier was another Herman to Tanner....the one he really likes and believes he can get. And also there was disagreement in the administration, some fueled by boosters and others with connections to the program.

You mean agents are driving this train?
I think they may very well be.
Looks like they may be holding all the cards too,
And driving this train.
As fans we will be able to watch when they decide what’s what and whens when.
Agents are always integral these days, but from the institutional standpoint, the General has primacy in all this.

Reactions: cocknjax
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT