ADVERTISEMENT

Nasirildeen...

I for one don't believe that anything is over until it's over. It doesn't look good for us, but last year we signed 2 or 3 guys that flipped to us on signing day. Muschamp and staff still have a week and a half to close strong. It aint over until the ink is dry on the LOI.

Last edited:
Hate to lose him or JW. If we can replace them with impact DL or OL guys, I'll be more than happy to live with it. If we replace them with a last minute, just need sone one guy...well.

Reactions: Pole
FSU was very thin at his position...he has a good chance to play early.

Kids pick a program for a myriad of reasons...playing time, big TV games, chance to be noticed by the NFL, relationships formed and comfort levels.

Nasirildeen committed real early...and that's sometimes an iffy scenario. Sometimes a kid commits early, then looks around, takes official visits, and, in the process, changes his mind. It happens to every program.

If FSU is where he wants to go, then that is where he should go. I just hate it was this late in the process.

FSU was very thin at his position...he has a good chance to play early.

Kids pick a program for a myriad of reasons...playing time, big TV games, chance to be noticed by the NFL, relationships formed and comfort levels.

Nasirildeen committed real early...and that's sometimes an iffy scenario. Sometimes a kid commits early, then looks around, takes official visits, and, in the process, changes his mind. It happens to every program.

I just read an article on BR stating FSU returns it's entire defensive backfield.

FSU had to move a two year WR over to safety mid season last year because they were so thin..but I did misread the situation....

That converted WR, while playing safety, broke his foot before the Orange Bowl and FSU had to play two true freshmen at the position in the bowl game. FSU had three safeties suffer season ending injuries...that was the "thin".

BUT...their five star safety who was out all year on an injured knee will be back, as will the converted WR.

FSU will be more loaded than I had thought at safety...

If FSU is where he wants to go, then that is where he should go. I just hate it was this late in the process.

Doubt it was a surprise for the staff. They've probably known for weeks he was unlikely to sign an LOI with Carolina. Probably knew the commitment was less than legit when they accepted it and just hoped to keep impressing him.

Reactions: mavcock
This should be no surprise to anyone...the surprise is if SC can hold on to Williams

Too many mediocrity loving fans on this thread.
This is the second class that Muschamp has recruited overall...and first real class where he and the other coaches had a full recruiting season. It takes time to rebuild inroads and relationships when you are coming from a place that doesn't automatically have a history that gives some schools an "in" with recruits. Yes...we got some mountains to climb. We're just not a "housefold" name again yet. And the sky is not falling because we lose a recruit. But the staff has been relentless. McLendon and Thompson are among the highest ranked recruiters in the country.

The SEC is not some invincible conference either. The other conferences proved that this year. So we'll keep working and get better...and eventually we will get to the mountaintop. Gotta believe that. Progress is a good thing. Got nothing to do with accepting mediocrity.
Class still ranked #11 according to Rivals. Some really good players in this class.
Don't think that's mediocrity. That's the real reality mr. gamecockrealist.

Reactions: roosterbell
All we will here tomorrow on 1075 the game with jay and tommy is that we still have the best recruiters and we will be fine. Bottom line is that we have to change the perception around the football program. If nasirideen was a Florida state commit since last year there is no way we flip him right now to us . We have to change the perception with us nationally. It starts with enough of the buddy buddy system and that we owe everything to anyone who comes in and gives us a little bit of success and never improves on it. I would go as far as even changing our god awful uniform s to something that would excite the kids to want to wear them. That block c is so retro and outdated but because we think we still owe something to Paul dietzel after all these years is the reason we stick to it. Also take that stupid Carolina off the front and put South Carolina on it. That can be ours because I know outside of South Carolina, Carolina to the nation means uncheat. I know these might seem minor but it's the mentality that goes behind these changes that might could spark us to change.

I just read an article on BR stating FSU returns it's entire defensive backfield.
That's true but it gets gutted after next season. Marshall, Lane, James and Andrews all are gone. 3 seniors and NFL for James. That's 4 safeties gone.

Last edited:
All we will here tomorrow on 1075 the game with jay and tommy is that we still have the best recruiters and we will be fine. Bottom line is that we have to change the perception around the football program. If nasirideen was a Florida state commit since last year there is no way we flip him right now to us . We have to change the perception with us nationally. It starts with enough of the buddy buddy system and that we owe everything to anyone who comes in and gives us a little bit of success and never improves on it. I would go as far as even changing our god awful uniform s to something that would excite the kids to want to wear them. That block c is so retro and outdated but because we think we still owe something to Paul dietzel after all these years is the reason we stick to it. Also take that stupid Carolina off the front and put South Carolina on it. That can be ours because I know outside of South Carolina, Carolina to the nation means uncheat. I know these might seem minor but it's the mentality that goes behind these changes that might could spark us to change.
Seriously? You think the block c is hurting our ability to recruit? Unbelievable. There are tons of reasons why South Carolina is not considered an elite destination, but the block c ain't one of them.

This is the second class that Muschamp has recruited overall...and first real class where he and the other coaches had a full recruiting season. It takes time to rebuild inroads and relationships when you are coming from a place that doesn't automatically have a history that gives some schools an "in" with recruits. Yes...we got some mountains to climb. We're just not a "housefold" name again yet. And the sky is not falling because we lose a recruit. But the staff has been relentless. McLendon and Thompson are among the highest ranked recruiters in the country.

The SEC is not some invincible conference either. The other conferences proved that this year. So we'll keep working and get better...and eventually we will get to the mountaintop. Gotta believe that. Progress is a good thing. Got nothing to do with accepting mediocrity.
Class still ranked #11 according to Rivals. Some really good players in this class.
Don't think that's mediocrity. That's the real reality mr. gamecockrealist.

If you think we are going to end up with the #11 class, you are a fool. We will not have a top 20 class in signing day. I guarantee you that!

What do we NOT do that other schools do? I can't believe that he just had some miraculous revelation overnight. This class is beginning to look like we won't gain ground on who we compete with. Would like more info. Can't believe it is some sort of Paris Palmer type situation where we don't communicate...have to believe this staff maintained the effort, right?
We don't WIN!!!
Was this a serious question!? Have you been paying attention? FB recruits go to teams that WIN! Not teams that averaged 5 wins a season over the past 3 years!!!

If we win more games next year, we will get and keep more recruits in that cycle. This year we had a losing season and our new coach has never proven himself to be a long term winner as HC at a program, oh and BTW, our arch in state rival just won the national championship... THAT is what "other schools" do that we DO NOT do...

I for one don't believe that anything is over until it's over. It doesn't look good for us, but last year we signed 2 or 3 guys that flipped to us on signing day. Muschamp and staff still have a week and a half to close strong. It aint over until the ink is dry on the LOI.
Trust in Spu...oops, Boom.

We don't WIN!!!
Was this a serious question!? Have you been paying attention? FB recruits go to teams that WIN! Not teams that averaged 5 wins a season over the past 3 years!!!

If we win more games next year, we will get and keep more recruits in that cycle. This year we had a losing season and our new coach has never proven himself to be a long term winner as HC at a program, oh and BTW, our arch in state rival just won the national championship... THAT is what "other schools" do that we DO NOT do...

i hate to break it to you. Remember how all year everyone said we didnt have the talent? well those players will be back starting again next year

Verbal commits today are nothing more than hotel reservations that can be cancelled 24 hours before check-in. All that does is reserve them a place while they look around for a better option.

We sometimes get played and used to make other teams pony up or come to the table with their offer. Remember Riddley at GA committed at the UA game, then reneged the next day and committed to GA? It would not bother me one bit to see him get his bell rung coming across the middle by Skai several times in 2017.

We don't WIN!!!

Sort of a Catch 22 as you need good players to win anything significant. Unless you are Clemson and can be crappy and all of a sudden start pulling 5 star players out of Fla. Or Ole Miss who was crappy and started pulling in 5 star players from all over.

What do we NOT do that other schools do? I can't believe that he just had some miraculous revelation overnight. This class is beginning to look like we won't gain ground on who we compete with. Would like more info. Can't believe it is some sort of Paris Palmer type situation where we don't communicate...have to believe this staff maintained the effort, right?
I'm with you - it HAS to be more to it than an overnight revelation! I think our coaches are good recruiters and know the business well and DO stay on these guys. Something else is going on that others do and we don't. Nothing changed overnight after talking with family about FSU and us! Strongly suspicious!

Reactions: jonesz21
Verbal commits today are nothing more than hotel reservations that can be cancelled 24 hours before check-in. All that does is reserve them a place while they look around for a better option.

We sometimes get played and used to make other teams pony up or come to the table with their offer. Remember Riddley at GA committed at the UA game, then reneged the next day and committed to GA? It would not bother me one bit to see him get his bell rung coming across the middle by Skai several times in 2017.

Step back off the ledge guy. Who says Muschamp is not considered a good game day coach. Haven't seen that one. Also, we are still filling a lot of needs with this class. Seems like years ago we took some guys that you guys stated no one else would want. i.e Eric Norwood, Darian Stewart, etc. and they wanted to be here and started something good. You lose one, you work on getting others, you don't wine and cry about how this one person kills the class. Period.

To be fair to statelinecock, this was the highest rated prospect in this class at a really important position of need on this team . . . just saying.

Reactions: gamecockrealist
You better get a whole new administration then.

No kidding.

Go open your wallet and get the ball rolling.

Can't.

Destitute.

I would go as far as even changing our god awful uniform s to something that would excite the kids to want to wear them. That block c is so retro and outdated but because we think we still owe something to Paul dietzel after all these years is the reason we stick to it. Also take that stupid Carolina off the front and put South Carolina on it. That can be ours because I know outside of South Carolina, Carolina to the nation means uncheat. I know these might seem minor but it's the mentality that goes behind these changes that might could spark us to change.

Posts like these are textbook reasons we need a "dislike" option.

59 Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Garnet chicken, Positively V Street and idohvac2 like this.

This is BS! Our problems have more to do with not blocking and tackling. It has absolutely "nothing" to do with a Block C or our uniforms.

It was Jim Carlen who came up with the block C and the Carolina on the front of the jerseys. Those were my student years at Carolina. but don't let facts get in the way.

Reactions: rogue cock
We have won 9 games in two years, with one bowl loss and a loss to a FCS. We have a long way to go. It is going to take a long time - perhaps 6-7 years. Boom will get us there. Will we be patient enough?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT