ADVERTISEMENT

Nasirildeen...

I'm with you - it HAS to be more to it than an overnight revelation! I think our coaches are good recruiters and know the business well and DO stay on these guys. Something else is going on that others do and we don't. Nothing changed overnight after talking with family about FSU and us! Strongly suspicious!
The backstory on Hamsah's recruitment on Warchant reported that Hamsah's flip from South Carolina to FSU has been building for a few months. This wasn't an overnight change of heart. As for why he would flip, I know FSU puts a lot of stock in building relationships with the guys they recruit that go well beyond the Football field. Recruits really like the family atmosphere that Fisher has created at FSU. Couple with that it's a Top 10 program.

Bull. Every team you go to is either family or you are a one man show for yourself. Is FSU using the same story as the Clemmons now on how great a family atmosphere it is. The family sure has had a lot of their family players in trouble. NCAA can't enforce anymore and the schools are sending the incentives out. So the flips continue.

Reactions: mbsurfside
I think that does a disservice to an athlete....fans who claim or insinuate that he was paid to make a decision.

Got proof? That's one thing...the other is just a fan's sour grapes.

Just my thought.

Sooo? How much was paid to Dexter to get him to flip?

"But the biggest news on signing day came from Wideman. The in-state defensive lineman was committed to Florida State throughout the process before flipping to South Carolina on signing day."

The backstory on Hamsah's recruitment on Warchant reported that Hamsah's flip from South Carolina to FSU has been building for a few months. This wasn't an overnight change of heart. As for why he would flip, I know FSU puts a lot of stock in building relationships with the guys they recruit that go well beyond the Football field. Recruits really like the family atmosphere that Fisher has created at FSU. Couple with that it's a Top 10 program.

I'm sure that FSU being perennially at the top of most lists of best "party" schools in the U.S. had nothing to do with it. It's all about the family atmosphere . . . I get it, I'm convinced now.

I will always believe we are program that needs schemers over recruiters. Our best coaches have been known for their play calling.

You have NO clue how the previous staff would have handled this. You sound like the Liberal media and fake news, lol.

Actually there's plenty of evidence to suggest how the previous staff would have handled this. They wouldn't have called the kid after he committed for 3-4 months and then said "I understand" when he bounced.

Then you would've said that the staff did everything they could to hold that kid in the class and that Spurrier was a hard charging recruiter and that all the substantial evidence to the contrary was "fake news."

Jimbo's family atmosphere? Seriously? Yep, Jameist Winston really helped to promote that FSU family atmosphere.

Reactions: mbsurfside
Our top recruit says bye bye, but yet some of you continue to think everything is hunky dorey....hmmmmm
Well you are crying enough for everyone else. No it's not ok but if you can fix it by all means have at it. Woe is me the sky is falling!
I'm convinced that if everything started going perfect. Half the drama queens on this board wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

Reactions: dual_tiger
I grew up in Tallahassee. I've had an uncle murdered in Tallahassee. And I've witnessed FSU football cheating first-hand. Still have a lot of family that live and breath FSU. But as for me, I want nothing to do with that city or formerly girl's only university. And Sammy the Seminole can kiss my part-Cherokee butticks.

Step back off the ledge guy. Who says Muschamp is not considered a good game day coach. Haven't seen that one. Also, we are still filling a lot of needs with this class. Seems like years ago we took some guys that you guys stated no one else would want. i.e Eric Norwood, Darian Stewart, etc. and they wanted to be here and started something good. You lose one, you work on getting others, you don't wine and cry about how this one person kills the class. Period.
Ask florida about his game day coaching..lol..what a wasted hire

Reactions: gamecockrealist
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! HERE WE GO DOWN THE TOILET ONCE AGAIN!

It might be that kids will choose a winner.....a new coach can pump new blood into a program and bring wins...

Hey..in 2010, Clemson was a 6-7 team...(their 2009 class was #39). Then Dabo started winning.

Muschamp can pull it out fairly quickly, if he can win games....

Well you are crying enough for everyone else. No it's not ok but if you can fix it by all means have at it. Woe is me the sky is falling!
I'm convinced that if everything started going perfect. Half the drama queens on this board wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

When is the last time that happened?

I think our program and lots of others sell the "family" thing. Carolina has a wonderful family atmosphere and LOVES their players, etc. We were on the top of the mountain just a couple of years ago, so that's not hurting us either - they KNOW we can win big here. I know in my heart of hearts something more is going on - especially when a kid flips at the last minute after having FIRMLY commited just a week ago having been tight for so long. Strange but I respect your "thoughts" & support of your school. You're not the only "suspicious" school. I think the NCAA is not paying attention to this stuff anymore! Nobody's been on probation for recruiting violations lately (that I know of) and I can't believe ALL are on the up & up!

Winston's behavior was very well documented and it certainly didn't portray a family-like atmosphere.
You're wrong. Winston had a couple of minor incidences but not any that warranted criminal charges. The Crab Legs the Publix employee hooked him up with the Crab Legs and he took the fall rather than rat out the employee. He also had the incident in the Student Union with the meme that he quoted and if you want to say he's a bad person based on that you'd have to say that about just about every other college student too. It just so happens that he is famous and everybody tweets about everything he did. But Winston was a great leader and teammate with us and he is a great leader and teammate now with the Bucs. He always encounraged his teammates to be their best and never finger pointed. You don't know anything about Winston other than the propaganda you've heard from TMZ and the New York Times.

You're wrong. Winston had a couple of minor incidences but not any that warranted criminal charges. The Crab Legs the Publix employee hooked him up with the Crab Legs and he took the fall rather than rat out the employee. He also had the incident in the Student Union with the meme that he quoted and if you want to say he's a bad person based on that you'd have to say that about just about every other college student too. It just so happens that he is famous and everybody tweets about everything he did. But Winston was a great leader and teammate with us and he is a great leader and teammate now with the Bucs. He always encounraged his teammates to be their best and never finger pointed. You don't know anything about Winston other than the propaganda you've heard from TMZ and the New York Times.

Who was the girl that was a student there that accused him of rape? Did she complete her degree @ FSU and is now part of the FSU family forever.

Has Jimbo or his recently divorced wife re-married yet?????

Who was the girl that was a student there that accused him of rape? Did she complete her degree @ FSU and is now part of the FSU family forever.

Has Jimbo or his recently divorced wife re-married yet?????
The key word there is Accused. And I'm not interested in discussing Jimbo's personal life. That's none of my business.

yeah, sure, whatever dude.......

Umm... Wanna know why he flipped ?? FSU is really good and we aren't . Truth hurts but it is what it is . FSU is top ten team and we were just happy to not get embarrassed by South Florida in a nobody cares bowl. Blame Spurrier , blame Tanner , blame the fairy freaking godmother or the Easter bunny . Top players wanna play for top programs and we are a long way from it . It's not rocket science .

jameis.jpg

We have guys that have recruited very well at places like Bama, Auburn and Florida. Can they recruit here. That's the million dollar question.

Being accused of rape is a minor incident? I can post a link with a time line of all of his "minor incidents" if you'd like? Or maybe you should just stop trying to excuse his ridiculous behavior.

Last edited:
When a player comes out of his official here and tells the Coaches he is solid and then days later flips, gotta be at least a question. Ol Miss is not a big winner and somehow they got a #1 recruiting team. I think they are in some trouble now.

Reactions: BigTomE
It might be that kids will choose a winner.....a new coach can pump new blood into a program and bring wins...

Hey..in 2010, Clemson was a 6-7 team...(their 2009 class was #39). Then Dabo started winning.

Muschamp can pull it out fairly quickly, if he can win games....

No wrong. Dabo started paying 5 stars out of Fla like Spiller and Watkins. Like ole miss teams that are .500 don't just start pulling in out of state 5 stars. They busted ole miss for that OL out of Fla but never Clemson

Being accused of rape is a minor instance? I can post a link with a time line of all of his "minor instances" if you'd like? Or maybe you should just stop trying to excuse his ridiculous behavior.

Boys will be boys. Didn't Bowden say that once ? If not he thought it

No wrong. Dabo started paying 5 stars out of Fla like Spiller and Watkins. Like ole miss teams that are .500 don't just start pulling in out of state 5 stars. They busted ole miss for that OL out of Fla but never Clemson
Dabo doesn't pay them. That's why the number one player flipped to ole miss. They were willing to pay. But Dabo does put a ridiculous amount of money into facilities. It's insane. I don't know how long this will last but it's a fantastic time to be a Clemson fan. We sucked when I was in school. I was unfortunately a student during the Ken Hatfield years.

Dabo doesn't pay them. That's why the number one player flipped to ole miss. They were willing to pay. But Dabo does put a ridiculous amount of money into facilities. It's insane. I don't know how long this will last but it's a fantastic time to be a Clemson fan. We sucked when I was in school. I was unfortunately a student during the Ken Hatfield years.

Come on dude. Dabo, a new head coach, started pulling out of state 5 stars after a 6-7 season and a bowl loss to USF. Let's not be naive.

Hatfield actually did a good job. I think 9-3 was his worst record. Interesting you bring him up. Taterturds HATED him because he wasn't a redneck and was to religious, lol. The hypocrisy is priceless!!!

Hatfield actually did a good job. I think 9-3 was his worst record. Interesting you bring him up. Taterturds HATED him because he wasn't a redneck and was to religious, lol. The hypocrisy is priceless!!!
We are FAR better with Dabo than we were with Hatfield. What is hypocritical about liking the more successful coach?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT