ADVERTISEMENT

Nasirildeen...

I don't know anyone who thought Hatfield was "too religious". Although his no cursing on the football field rule was pretty extreme. Lol
Lmao. Wow! The religious thing was rampant with tater fans. What rock were you living under?

Umm... Wanna know why he flipped ?? FSU is really good and we aren't . Truth hurts but it is what it is . FSU is top ten team and we were just happy to not get embarrassed by South Florida in a nobody cares bowl. Blame Spurrier , blame Tanner , blame the fairy freaking godmother or the Easter bunny . Top players wanna play for top programs and we are a long way from it . It's not rocket science .
If that was the case he knew that before he flipped at the last minute. Don't believe FSU being a stronger program suddenly changed his mind. We've been strong too, VERY recently, with some great talent on our team. Gotta be more than the program itself at this point!

If that was the case he knew that before he flipped at the last minute. Don't believe FSU being a stronger program suddenly changed his mind. We've been strong too, VERY recently, with some great talent on our team. Gotta be more than the program itself at this point!

I don't think FSU offered him until recently . The issue with these kids now is they have a very short memory . Our last 11-3 run was three years ago and for a high school kid 3 years ago might as well have been ancient Egypt . Look at a team like Oregon or Texas ... a few subpar seasons and kids are looking elsewhere . We are a hard sale right now to any blue chip recruits . That being said Champ was brought here for 1 reason .. his ability to land big time recruits . His game day coaching and player development abilities so far are unproven . I don't want to hear the excuse that .... "Well it's tougher to recruit here." The only reason he has this job is he sold Tanner on the presumption that he can land the big time guys . Maybe he will , one year in is way to hard to tell . However , if he can't close with these elite recruits then he will not last long , just like at UF . Time will tell

cutiger55Member

Read my post. I'm sure you are smart enough to figure it out!
I don't know anyone who thought Hatfield was "too religious". Although his no cursing on the football field rule was pretty extreme. Lol

You're right...Hatfield didn't allow cursing, but Rev. Swinney curses like a sailor.

We are FAR better with Dabo than we were with Hatfield. What is hypocritical about liking the more successful coach?
Lmao! NEVER said anything about Dabo! All I said was that Hatfield actually did a good job. Read the rest of my post and let's see if your smart enough to figure out my point. My bet is that you cant!!

cutiger55Member

Read my post. I'm sure you are smart enough to figure it out!

You're right...Hatfield didn't allow cursing, but Rev. Swinney curses like a sailor.

Take it easy on Dumbo! He might curse, lie and cheat, but he always asks for forgiveness!!

I don't think FSU offered him until recently . The issue with these kids now is they have a very short memory . Our last 11-3 run was three years ago and for a high school kid 3 years ago might as well have been ancient Egypt . Look at a team like Oregon or Texas ... a few subpar seasons and kids are looking elsewhere . We are a hard sale right now to any blue chip recruits . That being said Champ was brought here for 1 reason .. his ability to land big time recruits . His game day coaching and player development abilities so far are unproven . I don't want to hear the excuse that .... "Well it's tougher to recruit here." The only reason he has this job is he sold Tanner on the presumption that he can land the big time guys . Maybe he will , one year in is way to hard to tell . However , if he can't close with these elite recruits then he will not last long , just like at UF . Time will tell

We were 11-2 .... but who's counting?:)

I think that does a disservice to an athlete....fans who claim or insinuate that he was paid to make a decision.

Got proof? That's one thing...the other is just a fan's sour grapes.

Just my thought.

Sooo? How much was paid to Dexter to get him to flip?

"But the biggest news on signing day came from Wideman. The in-state defensive lineman was committed to Florida State throughout the process before flipping to South Carolina on signing day."

FSU probably pulled his offer, that's why he may have "flipped". Wideman hasn't shown a whole lot since he arrived.

Dabo doesn't pay them. That's why the number one player flipped to ole miss. They were willing to pay. But Dabo does put a ridiculous amount of money into facilities. It's insane. I don't know how long this will last but it's a fantastic time to be a Clemson fan. We sucked when I was in school. I was unfortunately a student during the Ken Hatfield years.

Nchemdichi decommited many months before signing day because of his overbearing, helecopter mother. She is/was a lawyer or legislator somewhere in Africa, and split time between Miss. and Africa. She claimed that Dabo never talked to her, and Clemson wasn't on her way anywhere like Oxford, Miss., plus his brother was already at Ole Miss. I wouldn't exactly call that a flip.

So many posts about the Clemson family, SC family, the FSU family. I hate college football programs and their fans being referred to as family. Let any of their teams start losing and those families become more like mafia families.

My wife was at Anderson College (now Anderson Univ) when Ken Hatfield was Clemson's HC, and she heard him speak at their school. She was not and still is not a Clemson fan, but she says to this day how impressed she was with Hatfield. Those Christians at Clemson could not wait to run off one of the finest men at that time in college sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT