ADVERTISEMENT

National media seems heartbroken Florence weakened

Yeah they've been a bit over dramatic to say the least.

Tell the relatives of the 8 people who died that the media overhyped this storm. What about all the flooding on the coast that has changed thousands of lives for the foreseeable future? Is the flooding faked by the TV stations? Maybe using old footage to fool you into thinking a storm hit the coast?

robertfootball, you're a freaking clown. I realize you have to keep up the "fake news" accusations because that's what Trump tells you to do and you can't think for yourself, but maybe take some time and look at what's happening in the real world.

Tell the relatives of the 8 people who died that the media overhyped this storm. What about all the flooding on the coast that has changed thousands of lives for the foreseeable future? Is the flooding faked by the TV stations? Maybe using old footage to fool you into thinking a storm hit the coast?

robertfootball, you're a freaking clown. I realize you have to keep up the "fake news" accusations because that's what Trump tells you to do and you can't think for yourself, but maybe take some time and look at what's happening in the real world.
WOW, take a chill pill.... I hate a single life is lost. I hate that people are shot and killed by Drunk Drivers, BUT Anyone with 1/2 a brain realize this was overhyped to get the weathermen AIR TIME!! Period..

Eight people have died, idiot.
Just FYI more than that were killed Senselessly in Chicago this week.... I guess you could not care less about those lives?? YOU are an IDIOT if you dont think this was Over Hyped, so I will leave you at that.. And you have to be a LIB to jump right out calling People names.. Way to go BIG MAN!!

Sometimes it's the digging company the power company hires to dig trenches for power lines...:D
yep, and we too had a flicker at about 6:00 yesterday.. If anyone needs bottled Water My wife bought 37 cases (Lol kidding, only 2 cases) And how long do batteries stay charged in the Pack?? Hey i will admit, this is good for Battery people, Hardware stores and Walmart.. Their shelves were emptied..

8? Thought it was 6? They only verified 4 people that I know of.

I think the count is up to 7 so far.... But it could have been worse if the governors ordered evacuations early...

Henry maybe overacted in his early evacuation orders, but it's a no win situation... Do it early and you look like a fool, do it late and you're labeled inefficient....

The worst part will come on the backside of flooding, waters coming down from North Carolina through our rivers into the ocean from our coast...

I think the count is up to 7 so far.... But it could have been worse if the governors ordered evacuations early...

Henry maybe overacted in his early evacuation orders, but it's a no win situation... Do it early and you look like a fool, do it late and you're labeled inefficient....

The worst part will come on the backside of flooding, waters coming down from North Carolina through our rivers into the ocean from our coast...
true, but you have to think about exhausting resources that may be needed in the future.. Pray for the people subjected to the possible flooding they may follow..

true, but you have to think about exhausting resources that may be needed in the future.. Pray for the people subjected to the possible flooding they may follow..

Just watched the Governor of NC give his update and he said "We just got approval for disaster declaration for North Carolina"...

Didn't want to say "President Trump last night signed a disaster declaration for North Carolina"

This is the same approval that Trump approved late last night or early last night for federal funding available to affected individuals in Beaufort, Brunswick, Carteret, Craven, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico and Pender counties for temporary housing, home repairs and low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses.

The Governor of NC didn't thank Trump nor did he try to use Trump's name in getting this disaster declaration...

Just saying, even in disaster, democrats are careful in choosing their words in not giving credit way ahead of a disaster...

Birds and squirrels need them...

That's funny. I once saw a dead snake on electric pole behind our studio apt. I thought about climbing up and knocking it off............ I would have been a dead snake offer of.
Just watched the Governor of NC give his update and he said "We just got approval for disaster declaration for North Carolina"...

Didn't want to say "President Trump last night signed a disaster declaration for North Carolina"

This is the same approval that Trump approved late last night or early last night for federal funding available to affected individuals in Beaufort, Brunswick, Carteret, Craven, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico and Pender counties for temporary housing, home repairs and low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses.

The Governor of NC didn't thank Trump nor did he try to use Trump's name in getting this disaster declaration...

Just saying, even in disaster, democrats are careful in choosing their words in not giving credit way ahead of a disaster...
Just think what he would have said if our President had not approved the relief. It would have been Trump, Trump, Trump, etc.

Let's just be honest, the media and certain political parties were hoping for a catastrophic storm on both NC and SC. One can argue it was bad on the NC coast but SC is sitting here yawning. They act like we've never been through hurricanes before and this one wouldn't even make my top 5 I've been through. The media wants bad storms because it furthers their agenda but the fact is their hysteria will fall on deaf ears in the future and I can't say I blame anyone for making a decision to tune them out the next time this happens. Trust is hard to earn, easy to lose though.

Yep. Next question....... fake news been VERY HARD at work here in Charlotte. 1) WSOC in Charlotte is literally on the air with nothing but "live coverage" of the storm. I'm talking about all day they have been yapping about it. Ignoring regularly scheduled programming. 2) One of their weather dudes literally just showed a wind chart and said "we have sustained winds of ELEVEN to TWENTY miles per hour. IT'S INCREDIBLE."

No.... it's a weatherman circle jerk is what it is. Over hyped for sure. Fake news for sure.

Ps.... these are not "accusations", these are VERIFIABLE FACTS that you are choosing to ignore. We have multiple instances now of these weather people making up fake news to push their agenda. It is you who needs to see what's really going on.
41824649_10155632064251641_6784702370828779520_n_zpsblrl2m57.jpg

Reactions: cockofdawn
Let's just be honest, the media and certain political parties were hoping for a catastrophic storm on both NC and SC. One can argue it was bad on the NC coast but SC is sitting here yawning. They act like we've never been through hurricanes before and this one wouldn't even make my top 5 I've been through. The media wants bad storms because it furthers their agenda but the fact is their hysteria will fall on deaf ears in the future and I can't say I blame anyone for making a decision to tune them out the next time this happens. Trust is hard to earn, easy to lose though.

Quite possibly the dumbest comment ever. NOBODY hopes for catastrophic events.

Please answer the following questions honestly:

1) In your opinion, were the NC and SC governors right to call for evacuations?

2) Was the media right to report that a category 4 storm was forming off the coast? Or should they have not mentioned it at all?

3) Do you think lives were saved by evacuations being ordered?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

2) Was the media right to report that a category 4 storm was forming off the coast? Or should they have not mentioned it at all?

The evacuation isn't what everyone is bitchin about, it's the sensationalism by the fake news. People saw it on full display and they got caught with their pants down, it's hard to take them seriously when they makeup crap instead of report it as it is.

Yep. Next question....... fake news been VERY HARD at work here in Charlotte. 1) WSOC in Charlotte is literally on the air with nothing but "live coverage" of the storm. I'm talking about all day they have been yapping about it. Ignoring regularly scheduled programming. 2) One of their weather dudes literally just showed a wind chart and said "we have sustained winds of ELEVEN to TWENTY miles per hour. IT'S INCREDIBLE."

No.... it's a weatherman circle jerk is what it is. Over hyped for sure. Fake news for sure.

Ps.... these are not "accusations", these are VERIFIABLE FACTS that you are choosing to ignore. We have multiple instances now of these weather people making up fake news to push their agenda. It is you who needs to see what's really going on.
41824649_10155632064251641_6784702370828779520_n_zpsblrl2m57.jpg

How old are you? If you are older than 21, I suggest you get some help. And I really feel bad for your children if you have any.

Everyone realizes Seidel is a clown for what he did. But look at what you are saying. You are literally saying the media showed fake pictures of flooding and water ---- including Fox News. And that the media lied about 8 people dying. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

The evacuation isn't what everyone is bitchin about, it's the sensationalism by the fake news. People saw it on full display and they got caught with their pants down, it's hard to take them seriously when they makeup crap instead of report it as it is.

Dude, it was a category 4 storm. That's what they reported. If a cat 4 hits the coast, forget about it. Even Trump went on twitter and said "take it seriously!" Are you saying he made that up, too? Is he "fake news"?

As soon as it started to weaken, the media reported as such, and then told everyone how the real danger was storm surge and flooding. Which is exactly what happened. What more do you want?

Yes, not like Trump ever made anything political.

How old are you? If you are older than 21, I suggest you get some help. And I really feel bad for your children if you have any.

Everyone realizes Seidel is a clown for what he did. But look at what you are saying. You are literally saying the media showed fake pictures of flooding and water ---- including Fox News. And that the media lied about 8 people dying. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Lol. Popped his little bubble I did. Now he mad. Need a safe place?

Will you anti- Trumpers please direct your life toward something positive. Your whole being is guided by hate.

Will you anti- Trumpers please direct your life toward something positive. Your whole being is guided by hate.
they have literally GONE over the edge. They can and never will get over that SHE LOST!! LOL... they Hate that People have to get these JOBS that are everywhere, and not stay home eat Cheetohs and play video games!!

Wonder if Robertfootball still thinks this is like an "afternoon thunderstorm?" 18 deaths so far with communities like New Bern, Wilmington, Fayetteville, and Lumberton experiencing catastrophic flooding.

Sorry, you've already cornered the market on that claim as I proved earlier. Now, the worst anyone else can do is second place.

Wonder if Robertfootball still thinks this is like an "afternoon thunderstorm?" 18 deaths so far with communities like New Bern, Wilmington, Fayetteville, and Lumberton experiencing catastrophic flooding.
Not all of those were caused by the storm.

Every media outlet is reporting now 19 deaths from hurricane Flo, including 6 from SC. But sure keep calling this overhyped by the media.

Your link said "at least 17."

Facts are that this wasn't overhyped by the media and certainly not more than an afternoon thunderstorm as Robert posted the other day.

Your link said "at least 17."

Facts are that this wasn't overhyped by the media and certainly not more than an afternoon thunderstorm as Robert posted the other day.
I think, and I will not speak for Robert, that he meant this wasnt the 1000 year storm the Media hyped and led you to believe... It was a BIG BIG storm, no doubt, but at least one of the deaths was caused by the Man being told to evacuate... Again, I do not want a single life lost, by Murder, DUI or Lightning strike..

I see where one guy was trying to plug an extension cord into his generator while out in a rainstorm and got electrocuted. Two died from carbon monoxide poisoning while running a gasoline-powered generator inside their home, and another lady elected to drive her car underneath a fallen tree and raked the roof off of her car, killing her. In these cases - there might be others I haven't read about - these people would likely still be alive if the storm hadn't come. But the storm was not the proximate cause of death; their unsafe actions were. There needs to be some differentiation applied in order to credibly judge what constitutes storm casualties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT