ADVERTISEMENT

National media seems heartbroken Florence weakened

At least we wouldn't lose power from falling limbs or when an idiot runs into a telephone pole. Power lines are unsightly.
Most distribution lines that feed under ground for maintenance purposes have to be overhead. Those lines are not perfect and fail just like overhead. You then have to find the fault, dig it up and repair.

Don't see how anyone can question the death toll of this storm. Regardless of if u die in hurricane winds or because u drown of flooding, heart attack cuz u can't take ur medicine, do stupid stuff cuz of the situation, etc... there are now up to 32 deaths.

Many of these deaths could have been avoided. Had the media not informed the public (sure, a bit dramatized - it's tv) the number would be way much higher.

Ppl too frequently want to measure a storm's impact from a hurricane by the wind speeds, when in reality it's the flooding that kills/impacts/devastates communities.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I don't love Anderson cooper, but....
Anderson cooper?? Seriously??
giphy.gif

did you watch the video? or just make an ignorant comment?
I clearly stated I dont like him, but I can watch this and see that the meme circulating that this was fake is inaccurate

I think most of us know the weather channel and other media outlets care mostly about ratings and money. Sure, they were right about the coastal areas taking a hit & parts of North Carolina, but it’s also quite obvious they dramatized and sensationalized this too by overhyping it. I think they spoke too early, created a lot of fear, and were let down when the storm wasn’t all they claimed it would be. It’s just one more reason I am very skeptical of much of the media.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I think most of us know the weather channel and other media outlets care mostly about ratings and money. Sure, they were right about the coastal areas taking a hit & parts of North Carolina, but it’s also quite obvious they dramatized and sensationalized this too by overhyping it. I think they spoke too early, created a lot of fear, and were let down when the storm wasn’t all they claimed it would be. It’s just one more reason I am very skeptical of much of the media.
wth are you talking about? 30+ people died.
just because YOU didn't get hit, doesn't mean it wasn't a serious storm

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
wth are you talking about? 30+ people died.
just because YOU didn't get hit, doesn't mean it wasn't a serious storm
You obviously didn’t read my post. I said they got it partially right. And nobody is making light of people dying. But this storm was overhyped, and it was pushed way too early.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT