ADVERTISEMENT

National Signing Day Ain't What It Used to Be...

GarnetCocky1

Oct 3, 2015
As great as the early signing period is, I am lamenting how unimportant NSD has become. College football fans could look forward to this day fervently after the National Championship, and now it feels like a throwaway day where there are no twists, turns, or surprises.

Let's pour one out for NSD.

Reactions: TheReelEss
As great as the early signing period is, I am lamenting how unimportant NSD has become. College football fans could look forward to this day fervently after the National Championship, and now it feels like a throwaway day where there are no twists, turns, or surprises.

Let's pour one out for NSD.

hang tight, there is always potential for a close to the vest, flip we aren't expecting (hopefully good, but not good is in play). At least they don't have to be on air for 13 hours now. I think you will see a stronger build toward the early enrollee model, and even potentially get more of those young men to reach their degree.

I used to take this as a vacation day, and had laptop and phone firing away, while watching the TV action. Now, NSD is so anticlimactic. I am still pro-early signing, but this is the downside of it.

I used to take this as a vacation day, and had laptop and phone firing away, while watching the TV action. Now, NSD is so anticlimactic. I am still pro-early signing, but this is the downside of it.

My thoughts as well. It was fun and you could tune-in to the "war rooms" around the country. Maybe if they start hyping the early signing day period like they do today then it will be awesome again.

"has become" lol. This started this year. I feel like I'm in a misty eyed thread looking down memory lane

This new system does suck though I feel you

They'll be out first round bud. I meant just watching all the games noon-midnight with some snacks and booze and such

I'm with you on that. Just never miss a shot to take a swing at Un-carolina. I have watched the NCAA at work the last 13years or so at work with the volume on "semi low", around 4ish beer & other usually shows up....& the volume goes up.

Reactions: coolcock2001
That's for the first two days of the NCAAT am I right?
Where I work they take off the Friday afternoon of the ACC Tourney and go to a local bar & grill. They let you order whatever you want off the bar menu. They just won't buy our drinks. Anybody that wants to can leave work but only if they're going to the bar. It's the best place I've ever worked and the best people I've worked for.

Not that I even care about the ACC, but the boss is a great human being.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I just check on here a couple times a day to see the latest. I'll let y'all do all the work and worrying. :D

I prepare two tweets for every potential recruit weeks in advance either welcoming or scorning them for their decision, so all I have to do is copy/paste/post baby.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Where I work they take off the Friday afternoon of the ACC Tourney and go to a local bar & grill. They let you order whatever you want off the bar menu. They just won't buy our drinks. Anybody that wants to can leave work but only if they're going to the bar. It's the best place I've every worked and the best people I've worked for.

Not that I even care about the ACC, but the boss is a great human being.

You guys hiring? Asking for a friend ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT