ADVERTISEMENT

NC State classes

Go online Only one day after the tuition refund deadline.
They aren’t even trying to hide it now.
There may be some kind of class action to be taken since they changed the composition of the classes. Sure, people won't get a full refund but they may be able to get something instead of letting universities get away with bilking people out of cash for services they are not properly receiving.

Couldn't happen to a better place than Northern Clempsun State University. The absolute WORST Away Game experienced in my lifetime, and that includes numerous trips to Sanford Stadium and Dead Valley 'upthar'. What a bunch of redneck yahoos they have at Carter-Finlay Stadium!!!

Couldn't happen to a better place than Northern Clempsun State University. The absolute WORST Away Game experienced in my lifetime, and that includes numerous trips to Sanford Stadium and Dead Valley 'upthar'. What a bunch of redneck yahoos they have at Carter-Finlay Stadium!!!
I still hate them for ruining Todd Ellis's career and our 1989 season.

Maybe its just a Coincidence?

giphy.gif

LSU and away games in SEC are much more enjoyable, Another Clempson Chumpionship schools do not compare.

Last edited:
LSU is the best road experience. Not close. It’s all about your attitude.
Those people are the definition of fun
I've not had a bad experience at LSU (been for both football and baseball), unless you count the added weight I put on because I ate so much gumbo and crawfish at the various tailgates.

Had a great experience at a Jimmy Buffett show at Carter-Finley stadium in 1994. It was pouring rain and that made it even better. Maybe not typical, or hardcore, NC State football fans.

Also had a great experience in Baton Rouge in 2007, except that we lost. LSU trick play, fake field goal, the holder tossed the ball backwards over his head to the kicker who trotted into the end zone untouched. Fans were very friendly and offered us beer. It was a day game, maybe that matters. I remember the LSU fans behind us saying, "there's another Smelley pass" a few times.

I expected the college education bubble to pop, maybe it’s slowly deflating.
Residential college is going to diminish in favor of satellite campuses and internet learning. It's a matter of both expense and culture. I did not say residential college is going away, only that other methods of obtaining higher education are and will proliferate while residential college will not.

LSU is a far better experience than at Carter Finley. Before the renovations, CF was a glorified high school stadium in a cow pasture, in an urban environment. LSU has a beautiful campus and stadium. That being said, Raleigh is, overall, nicer than Baton Rouge. But the LSU fans are nicer. Only "negative" LSU experience was a five year old girl walking up to me from beside the stadium and yelling "Tiger Bait!" over and over again. Everybody, including me, was laughing at her antics. I live not to far from the NC state line, and I personally know far more "good" LSU fans than "good" NCS fans.

NCSU is not a great place to visit for an away game, agreed. Tailgating is awful & the walk to the stadium may be even worse. But to say it's one of the worst is asinine. Maryland would have to be the worst away trip ever. UGA is a close 2nd/3rd though. LSU, Clemson, & Ole Miss have top notch environments for visiting fans. I've never had a bad time at any of those places. But I guess you make it what you want. If you go to Clemson with an atitude that it's going to be a terrible time, then yes, it will be a terrible time. Same for Ole Miss in The Grove & LSU. Yes, each place has their asinine fans, (USC included), but they are a small minority compared to the general mass of fans that we run into as visiting fans. Just my opinion though, so please don't shoot me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT