ADVERTISEMENT

NC State DE squats 700 lbs, runs 4.58 40 and has 40" vertical

The guy is a beast. That's for sure, tater. But 5.5 sacks last year and only 6 sacks in 3 seasons. There's good reason to be concerned about their DLine as a whole, but Chubb is a better individual player.

I'm not sure we should even show up in Charlotte for this game. From everything I've read on here, the Pack is better now than the New England Patriots.

New England is a apt comparison considering this is the team that lost to Boston College last year!

Never fear Gamecock fans. We've got this.

I wouldn't call the NC St defense world-beaters as a whole, but there's no question their DL is elite. Not sure how much depth they have, though, if they lose a key player or 2 to injury or something else.

Reactions: Jpcooper
I wouldn't call the NC St defense world-beaters as a whole, but there's no question their DL is elite. Not sure how much depth they have, though, if they lose a key player or 2 to injury or something else.

They have a great DL, no doubt about it. I'm a little more concerned, however, with our own DL and special teams. These are the biggest questions marks on this squad going into the opener.

Reactions: USCLaw85
WOW>> i wonder if his hammer calls lightning down from the sky:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:
They have a great DL, no doubt about it. I'm a little more concerned, however, with our own DL and special teams. These are the biggest questions marks on this squad going into the opener.

how many games did they win last season?

I spoke with one of our quarterbacks the other day. He brought up the NC State DL that they'll be up against. He said he really likes Wolford because he makes the QBs know the offensive lineman calls as well. Never hurts to have another set of eyes help the OL.

Reactions: USCLaw85
He was a five star picked NC State for class of 2014 after 3-9 season? I guess he wanted to stay home.

From old Kornblut articles looked like Clemson tried and we weren't involved much or didn't pursue much? I think we were big with Dexter Wideman at the time.

I remember Scott the running back mentioned was the one that de committed and went to Tenn and then tramsfered?

Five-Star Kentavius Street Picks NC State

five-star-kentavius-street-picks-nc-state

Street_Kentavius.jpg

(photo courtesy Rivals.com)

Kentavius Street always had a pretty good idea about wanting to go to NC State.

The Greenville (N.C.) Rose High five-star defensive end pulled the trigger Dec. 13 to become the 25th member of NC State’s class of 2014. Rivals.com ranks the 6-3, 265-pounder the No. 17 overall player in the class of 2014, the No. 2 strongside defensive end in the nation and the No. 2 overall player in the state of North Carolina.

Street previously officially visited NC State and Ole Miss, and had considered taking trips to Miami and LSU in January, but he is finished being recruited and looks forward to convincing other prospects to join him in Raleigh. Rivals.com ranks the Wolfpack’s class No. 25 in the country.

Street originally thought about picking his college Feb. 3, and then Jan. 28, but a meeting with NC State defensive line coach Ryan Nielsen convinced him to make his decision, which thrilled his family and NCSU head coach Dave Doeren.

“Coach Nielsen came by this morning, and he brought a lot of great views to my attention,” Street said. “After a long time of consideration, I knew this was the best decision for me.

“Coach Doeren went crazy on the phone. He wished he could jump through the phone and hug me. I’m glad it is all over now, and now I can concentrate on finishing up strong. As soon as I broke the news, it felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders.”

Street had a great time on his Wolfpack official visit the previous weekend, but he had been leaning toward the Red and White since last April. Doeren, running backs coach Des Kitchings and Nielsen all played key roles in landing Street.

Kitchings was NC State’s lead recruiter on Street.

“I’ve been clicking with the recruits and spending time with the staff, and going to meetings,” Street said. “It has been all-around great things, and I couldn’t say anything negative.

“Coach Doeren, Coach Kitchings and Coach Nielsen played a big part in me going to NC State. They are amazing representatives of the University. I talked to Coach Nielsen and Coach Kitchings daily and just grew closer and closer to them. I fell in love with the University.”

Street said the bond he has found with the other NC State commits is a big reason for him wanting to pick the Wolfpack. He hopes to become a leader in helping NCSU rebound from a 3-9 season.

Street joins defensive ends Justin Jones of Austell (Ga.) South Cobb, Bradley Chubb of Powder Springs (Ga.) Hillgrove and Deonte Holden of Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha Catholic, and defensive tackles Deshaywn Middleton of Winston-Salem (N.C.) Parkland and B.J. Hill of Oakboro (N.C.) West Stanly, to help fortify the defensive line.

Street finished his senior year with 93 tackles, 23 tackles for loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and one blocked kick. He hopes to make an immediate impact next fall.

“The recruits are amazing, and all of them are like my brother,” said Street, who will be part of Rose High’s track and field team this spring. “I know everyone in the recruiting class and that is the advantage they have, and none of the other schools had with me. That was big with me, being the family person that I am.

“I knew Deshaywn [Middleton] from day one because we met at the Army All-American Bowl Combine. Now, we are blood brothers and can’t get any closer.”

Street was selected to the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas All-Star Game in Spartanburg, S.C., this Saturday but withdrew due to a family emergency. He will play in this year’s Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio Jan. 4. Street hopes to work on a few remaining NC State recruiting targets.

“There are so many talented guys in North Carolina, but not all the talent is going to the in-state schools. I guess for me to do this is nothing but positives for the NC State football program,” Street said.

“My biggest target is [running back] Derrell Scott [of Havelock (N.C.) High]. I’ve been talking to him since early June, and see how he has felt about it. With me pulling the trigger, I hope he’ll come along too, but I know he has to make the best decision for him.”

Street attended Douglas (Ga.) Coffee County High his first two years, but his mother landed a job in Kinston, N.C., at the time of his junior year. He didn’t know much about NC State then, but the staff has done an excellent job of recruiting him.

“Ever since early in the spring when I visited, I knew it was the only University I could see myself at, and it is close to home,” Street said. “I talked to my mom and then my dad, and he may even move back to town [from Texas], so this might end up being a great thing for me.”

Street is excited to play in front of his friends and family the next four years.

“Ever since we lost in the playoffs to [Laurinburg] Scotland County, I just realized how much I love these guys here,” Street said. “I couldn’t see myself parting with them. I believe they are like my little brothers [at Rose High]. I knew I couldn’t leave.”

I'm not sure we should even show up in Charlotte for this game. From everything I've read on here, the Pack is better now than the New England Patriots.

New England is a apt comparison considering this is the team that lost to Boston College last year!

Never fear Gamecock fans. We've got this.
Same BS we heard every year before we played UNC. Just because a guy is obsessed with the weight room and gets mega strong does not mean he can play football or any other sport.

I have always wondered why players are so fast out of high school per recruiting sites and at colleges but so slow at NFL Combine, after months of specialized training on how to run a forty, LOL

how many games did they win last season?[/QUOTE]

7 . . . what's your point? My point was that we should be focusing on the "unknowns" with our squad than worrying about their DL.

Reactions: Stump45
State fan here. State's D-Line is very good, perhaps as good as the Mario Williams era. There is no one with quite as much talent as him but there is more depth across the board. The D-Line goes a legitimate 2 deep which explains why Street's numbers are not more impressive as far as tackles and such. The linebackers are seniors and they also have good back ups. The unknown is the secondary where most of the starters will be relatively new. If your o-line can pass protect we can expect the Gamecocks to try and air it out in Charlotte in a few weeks.

Reactions: BigTomE
State fan here. State's D-Line is very good, perhaps as good as the Mario Williams era. There is no one with quite as much talent as him but there is more depth across the board. The D-Line goes a legitimate 2 deep which explains why Street's numbers are not more impressive as far as tackles and such. The linebackers are seniors and they also have good back ups. The unknown is the secondary where most of the starters will be relatively new. If your o-line can pass protect we can expect the Gamecocks to try and air it out in Charlotte in a few weeks.

This is why your team is favored.

We know you going to be a test and a big one it will come down to our OL and who's in the best condition.

Did he keep a neutral spine though? Raw or wrapped?

I'm only asking because I know the alphas of the board show up and tell us why this 700 lb squat isn't that impressive.

If "NC State DE squats 700 lbs, runs 4.58 40 and has 40" vertical" were true, then check for steroids as that isn't natural.

We have our work cut out for them. As for Charlotte last year it sucked. The stadium was not near full and there were no tickets outside available. Spurrier even commented on it. I will be paying attention to this guy.

We had a "very good" defensive line in 2014 but we still got the ball run down our throats a lot. It takes a lot more than that to make a great defensive unit.

Disagree on the 2014 DL. Pretty poor. Had lost Clowney, Quarles, & Sutton. Can't really replace a Clowney, but we couldn't seem to put a bonafide SEC level player in that spot. Had 2 legacy guys who gave it all they had, but it wasn't nearly enough. As a group, LBs were kind of suspect, too!! Thank God for Skai Moore. Saved our bacon a few times that year or things could have been a lot worse!! Not one of the better front 7s in recent memory & the coaching didn't help, either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT