ADVERTISEMENT

NC State Game

tejones

Dec 7, 2004
While I know teams are different from one year to the next, it is difficult to overlook last year's results for both teams, particularly when comparing common opponents. Last year the common opponents were Clemson & Vandy. The results were:

Clemson 24; NC State 17 (Overtime)
NC State 41; Vandy 17

Clemson 56; SC 7
SC 13; Vandy 10

When you go back and look at the statistics of these games, we were dreadful in most categories while NC State was respectable.

As I look at those stats, consider who is returning, and look at this year's game, it is tough to lay odds on SC winning. I see this as a very close game that could go either way. I don't think we will light up the scoreboard like some think and I think our defense should be improved from last year. In the end, I see NC State pulling this one out 24-20.

If this happens, lets not get down on this team. NC State is a solid team.

Ive even seen NCSt predicted as a playoff contender, ill believe that when I see it.

Honestly if it's a competitive game I will be happy . If we can pull out a win I will be ecstatic. However if we get absolutely Clobbered then I think this season could go downhill really quick . A lot riding on this one .

Reactions: Brace1
Win and we go 8-4 If we lose we go 6-6. I'm hoping we win, but I realize how tough an opponent were up against. This Wolfpack team is downright nasty, when they play to their capabilities. If they show up lackadaisical like they do (a lot) we can pull it out! Make no mistake my fellow Gamecocks, this game is going to be a war!!

While I know teams are different from one year to the next, it is difficult to overlook last year's results for both teams, particularly when comparing common opponents. Last year the common opponents were Clemson & Vandy. The results were:

NC State 41; Vandy 17

Clemson 56; SC 7
SC 13; Vandy 10

When you go back and look at the statistics of these games, we were dreadful in most categories while NC State was respectable.

As I look at those stats, consider who is returning, and look at this year's game, it is tough to lay odds on SC winning. I see this as a very close game that could go either way. I don't think we will light up the scoreboard like some think and I think our defense should be improved from last year. In the end, I see NC State pulling this one out 24-20.

If this happens, lets not get down on this team. NC State is a solid team.

Last years results mean nothing. If they did the taters would still be having nightmares about Troy

Reactions: SwampFox99
[QUOTE="jonesz21, post: 3454955, member: 18194"
]Last years results mean nothing. If they did the taters would still be having nightmares about Troy. Taters won by 6
And Troy lost to Arkansas state 35-7

NC State 41; Vandy 17

Clemson 56; SC 7
SC 13; Vandy 10

If it was this easy we would not have college football betting

Here you go

East Carolina 33; NC State 30
South Carolina 20; East Carolina 15

We should win?

Wait, this one is hard to explain with this sophisticated system for predicting outcomes this was the same season

Oct 1, Clemson 42, Louisville 36
Oct 15, Clemson 24, Louisville 17

Oct 22, NC State and Louisville play, that will be a great game they both played Clemson close

Louisville 54; NC State 17

tenor.gif

I think we will play well . Little concerned about all this hype on offense . We do have some terrific skill players and I think Jake has the potential to be one of the best ever here . We looked very good last year against some teams with sub par defenses but against UF and CU it was downright pitiful . Granted both those teams were top 5 defenses and have some Maulers up front . Hopefully our OLine will be greatly improved with new coaching and development. I think the whole key to our offensive success this year will be keeping Deebo on the field . He opens up a lot of things . Will be interesting to see what happens

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT