ADVERTISEMENT

NC STATE VS. USC GAME THREAD

Our defense has to win the game because our world beater offense can't do squat. I'll take it!

99 plays to 50 plays (includes 2 kneel downs). Hats off to the defense for no help the last 20 minutes of the game.

On another note, Eason for UGAly gets hurt and Fromm is in. Left knee injury.

Our defense will be finished by the 5th game, if the offense doesn't learn to sustain drives! Incredible win, "but scary what could've happened and what might happen the rest of the way!

99 plays to 50 plays (includes 2 kneel downs). Hats off to the defense for no help the last 20 minutes of the game.
Some of the play calling was iffy, but we had our backs to the end zone a lot, and Jake appeared to be pressing a little. Not to mention States D is good and full of Sr players.

You guys who say roper sucks are idiots. We scored 35 points on one of the most lauded d lines in the country. The rest of their defense isn't really too bad either.

Reactions: rogue cock
It always does. Whenever he gets it consistent he purposely screws it up the rest of the game. No way it's always an accident. Either that or he is just drawing plays out of a hat.
You do know that for every offensive play call, the QB has.several options including runs and passes. That was one of the areas Jake had supposedly improved....getting us into the right option based on the defense. Can't do that from the sideline.

I cussed more at my tv than any other Gamecock game in recent memory. Sorry announcers openly rooting for NC State. Bentley and Deebo both got balls bigger than church bells. GO COCKS!!!

While I think Muschamp does have an excellent staff.. I do question the ability of SC's offensive coordinator

You can blame Jake as much as Roper. Every play sent in has several options. It's up to the QB to read the defense and get us in the right option.
unable to communicate with our coaches via headsets

you are looking for someone to blame

for a win against the spread

and you are blaming Roper and our QB

pathetic

go cocks!

unable to communicate with our coaches via headsets

you are looking for someone to blame

for a win against the spread

and you are blaming Roper and our QB

pathetic

go cocks!
I'm not blaming either. I thought it was a good offensive game plan. Was responding to someone who was criticizing Roper without knowing how his offense works. Pretty much the same group that hated him when Champ hired him without knowing he was only with Champ at UF for one year.

I put more of this on Jake than Roper. He had guys open but missed them.
I questioned Roper calling plays short of the line on 3rd downs and then calling 4 verticals when it was 3rd and 7. That's the stuff that pisses me off about him. He kills drives and momentum whenever he has a lead for some reason. He will not stick to what's working, the defense hadn't made adjustments yet.

The fact is momentum swung after the huge punt by NCS. After that we were either backed up or just a little conservative on the play calls. All in all we had just enough O,D and ST to get the win. I'll take a 7 point win against a team we are 6 point dogs to any day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT