ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA just penalizes Syracuse, Boeheim

Originally posted by world famous 3rd base hecklers:
NCAA just suspended Jim Boeheim for 9 ACC games...

This is the slap that UNC will get...
UNC's needs to be worse.

Originally posted by uscbeckham:

UNC's needs to be worse.
Could not agree more. I have not been following what has been going on in Syracuse, but this seams like a fair sentence.

"Improper institutional involvement and influence in a student's academic work in order to gain or maintain eligibility is a violation of NCAA rules and a violation of the most fundamental core values of the NCAA and higher education," the NCAA's Committee on Infractions wrote in its decision. "The behavior in this case, which placed the desire to achieve success on the basketball court over academic integrity, demonstrated clearly misplaced institutional priorities."

This should spell DOOM for UNC. If UNC does not get at least a minimum of what Syracuse got in penalties, it will be a crime in itself. UNC losing scholarships would be devastating to their program. Would be a huge lift in the possibility in Woods coming here. We would go from "snowball's chance" to maybe "sooooo, you're telling me there is a chance?"

Originally posted by uscbeckham:

UNC's needs to be worse.
I wish, but I do think this will lead the way to a slap on the wrist... After all, why beat up on two ACC basketball teams in the same year...

UNC's needs to be worse.
I wish, but I do think this will lead the way to a slap on the wrist... After all, why beat up on two ACC basketball teams in the same year...
Because they cheated, plain and simple, and caught. Everyone from the top down admitted to it already. My question would be, how can you punish Syracuse and NOT punish North Carolina? I actually think the opposite, in that this is setting more of a precedent in handling the North Carolina case. With that said, if North Carolina did get nothing more than a slap on the wrist, I wouldn't be shocked.

So glad the NCAA didn't let boeheim off the hook. He's always been a smug jackass.
Now, NCAA just needs to shutdown UNC's program, and Seventh Woods is a Gamecock.

This is what the NCAA needs to do to UNC:

stunner3.gif

At one time college basketball was so popular this would have been really big news. It just doesn't seem big and isn't on the front page. Nobody cares about college basketball anymore.

Unfortunately, Seventh may be a graduste of UNC before the slow ass NCAA gets around to the penalties.

To paraphrase Jerry Tarkanian the ncaa is so mad at unc they slapped the crap out of Syracuse. Wait and see, unc will only get a slap on the wrist.

Originally posted by Gamecock122:
Unfortunately, Seventh may be a graduste of UNC before the slow ass NCAA gets around to the penalties.
Sadly, I bet you are correct.

LMAO. Remember when they used to refer to the SEC as a bunch of cheaters? Syracuse, UNC, Clemson, GT, Miami and FSU have all been in the dog house more than any of our teams. And for my money, what GT, Syracuse and UNC did is the heighth of poor ethics. Messing with grades is the ultimate cheat, moreso than paying kids IMO. Completely removes "student" from student athlete.

IMO they should never take away scholarships. Isnt the NCAA supposed to be about education and giving kids a chance? Punish with postseason bans. Award the scholarships to academic only students if you wish. But make the school continue to offer ALL of their alloted scholarships.

Originally posted by Judson1:
IMO they should never take away scholarships. Isnt the NCAA supposed to be about education and giving kids a chance? Punish with postseason bans. Award the scholarships to academic only students if you wish. But make the school continue to offer ALL of their alloted scholarships.
They took away our scholarships for Whitney Gate... It's not about education and giving kids a chance.... It's all about the money...

I predict in 5 - 10 years, if not sooner, the governing body will be the SEC, Big 10 & Big 12 will be the new NCAA with all the money from football...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT