ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA to allow patches on the uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect. I believe it’s “your side” that are boycotting the NFL and sports because players dare not follow the party line.

I’m for players wearing what they want on their uniform or sitting, kneeling, etc

I'd wager you're one that wants to defund cops, remove history, etc. Yet allow others on 'your'side to display whatever they want. Right, that's very non 1st Amendment of you, and the radical leftist. I wonder if a player felt like honoring his Southern Heritage and put a Sons of Confederate Veterans patch on his uniform? You'd be all for that? BS

Social security is a disaster. Nothing good has come from it and the average person putting into the system would be way better off without it.

Can you honestly say that you’d rather contribute 6.2% of your check to that broken system than keep the money and do something else with it? No, you can’t.

It amazes me when people point to it as a success. It’s a joke. It’s only good for people who are too stupid to handle their own finances. In that regard, you’re probably right. Most people are too stupid to handle their own finances. But you have to be willing to admit that the majority of working adults are stupid if you’re going to say social security has benefited this country.

How old are you?

I would gladly turn mine back in if they won't take out SS on me - although I'm retired now. But as a young person I would rather have taken my own money and invest it the way I wanted and bought my own insurance instead of a government ran program. The less government the better.

Without Social Security we'd have seniors standing it breadlines. Is there no compassion for your fellow man? The mantra of the self centered right these days is a simple "I got mine and to hell with you if you don't have yours".

Social security is a disaster. Nothing good has come from it and the average person putting into the system would be way better off without it.

Can you honestly say that you’d rather contribute 6.2% of your check to that broken system than keep the money and do something else with it? No, you can’t.

It amazes me when people point to it as a success. It’s a joke. It’s only good for people who are too stupid to handle their own finances. In that regard, you’re probably right. Most people are too stupid to handle their own finances. But you have to be willing to admit that the majority of working adults are stupid if you’re going to say social security has benefited this country.

It's obvious that you're only thinking of yourself.

that’s why the guy was celebrating his birthday with hundreds of confederate flags at what sure seemed like a whites only meeting in Alabama.

it’s always interesting to see the lengths SOME people will go to excuse their bigotry
Seriously dude? Research what I said. I dont give a flying crap what some ignorant rednecks were celebrating. They are too stupid to know the history behind the guy. Read up on it. Look, I aint saying he was some kind of saint but every historical article about the guy, including the one I posted from an ultra liberal website that I am sure you spend a lot of time on, says the same exact thing. You dont know near as much as you think you know....

Seriously dude? Research what I said. I dont give a flying crap what some ignorant rednecks were celebrating. They are too stupid to know the history behind the guy. Read up on it. Look, I aint saying he was some kind of saint but every historical article about the guy, including the one I posted from an ultra liberal website that I am sure you spend a lot of time on, says the same exact thing. You dont know near as much as you think you know....
Agree—Robert KKK Byrd overcame his bigotry and has been generally forgiven for his sins of the past so why not the same for Nathan Bedford Forrest?

I'd wager you're one that wants to defund cops, remove history, etc. Yet allow others on 'your'side to display whatever they want. Right, that's very non 1st Amendment of you, and the radical leftist. I wonder if a player felt like honoring his Southern Heritage and put a Sons of Confederate Veterans patch on his uniform? You'd be all for that? BS

You’d be wrong as usual.

I’d take down some statues, sure, and I’d start with Ben Tillman. It’s disgusting that trash has his face in anything but a paper target.

if a player wants to put a racist confederate veterans path on his uniform, go for it. But no one Will be dumb enough to do that.

Agree—Robert KKK Byrd overcame his bigotry and has been generally forgiven for his sins of the past so why not the same for Nathan Bedford Forrest?

I don’t walk around complaining about Nathan Bedford Forrest.

I think context is important.
The pastor that resigned wasn’t at an event honoring an ex klan member’s conversion from racism. That’s worth nothing.

I don’t care about your research. It’s irrelevant

I was talking about the hick preacher and GOP member of the Alabama state legislature who resigned for being at a birthday celebration for a leader of the KKK- and that event wasn’t celebrating his late life conversion or whatever you want to call it.

Funny, they never answer my questions....... they can't. Looks like you found the same wall they run into. Need a whhhaaaaaambulance do you?

thye think your just nuts if all your doing is calling them names and insulting them. They don’t want to waste their time.

Without Social Security we'd have seniors standing it breadlines. Is there no compassion for your fellow man? The mantra of the self centered right these days is a simple "I got mine and to hell with you if you don't have yours".

YES!!!! The "compassion" for your fellow man comes in the form of TEACHING THEM HOW to live on their own......... not how to suck the tit of the government ........ #checkmate. Your arguments - ALL OF THEM - are simply wrong. On a very very basic level. Just flat wrong.

thye think your just nuts if all your doing is calling them names and insulting them. They don’t want to waste their time.

That's literally all they're doing when they're out there posting their FALSE / BLATANT BULLSHIT of their daily anti-USA , pro-commie agenda..........

I just use their own words, hold up a mirror and ask them if they understand how utterly stupid they look. :) Same as I'm doing to you right now.

I don’t care about your research. It’s irrelevant

I was talking about the hick preacher and GOP member of the Alabama state legislature who resigned for being at a birthday celebration for a leader of the KKK- and that event wasn’t celebrating his late life conversion or whatever you want to call it.
Ok. I have tried to be nice but am done. You are absolutely denying reality. You dont know what you are talking about half the time. I dont give a flying crap what the 2 rednecks were celebrating. They are obviously as ignorant as you are on the history of Forrest. The facts are that NBF left the KKK and tried to destroy it. From the HuffPro article (not exactly known to be a bastion of conservative thought)
"......But even this Forrest critic can admit that the Klan founder did one great thing for this country. He disbanded the KKK, and even worked to fight those who wanted to keep it going.
As Ben Phelan with PBS writes:
“After only a year as Grand Wizard, in January 1869, faced with an ungovernable membership employing methods that seemed increasingly counterproductive, Forrest issued KKK General Order Number One: “It is therefore ordered and decreed, that the masks and costumes of this Order be entirely abolished and destroyed.” By the end of his life, Forrest’s racial attitudes would evolve — in 1875, he advocated for the admission of blacks into law school — and he lived to fully renounce his involvement with the all-but-vanished Klan.”
If you read Eddy W. Davison’s “Nathan Bedford Forrest: In Search of the Enigma,” on page 464 and 474-475, you can see that Forrest not only publicly disavowed the KKK and worked to terminate it, but in August 1874, Forrest “volunteered to help ‘exterminate’ those men responsible for the continued violence against the blacks.” After the murder of four blacks by a lynch mob after they were arrested for defending themselves at a BBQ, Forrest wrote to Tennessee Governor Brown, offering “to exterminate the white marauders who disgrace their race by this cowardly murder of Negroes.”

That's literally all they're doing when they're out there posting their FALSE / BLATANT BULLSHIT of their daily anti-USA , pro-commie agenda..........

I just use their own words, hold up a mirror and ask them if they understand how utterly stupid they look. :) Same as I'm doing to you right now.

you do you. I don’t care.

I’m just doubting your effectiveness in anything if you are just calling them names like you do on here.

Ok. I have tried to be nice but am done. You are absolutely denying reality. You dont know what you are talking about half the time. I dont give a flying crap what the 2 rednecks were celebrating. They are obviously as ignorant as you are on the history of Forrest. The facts are that NBF left the KKK and tried to destroy it. From the HuffPro article (not exactly known to be a bastion of conservative thought)
"......But even this Forrest critic can admit that the Klan founder did one great thing for this country. He disbanded the KKK, and even worked to fight those who wanted to keep it going.
As Ben Phelan with PBS writes:
“After only a year as Grand Wizard, in January 1869, faced with an ungovernable membership employing methods that seemed increasingly counterproductive, Forrest issued KKK General Order Number One: “It is therefore ordered and decreed, that the masks and costumes of this Order be entirely abolished and destroyed.” By the end of his life, Forrest’s racial attitudes would evolve — in 1875, he advocated for the admission of blacks into law school — and he lived to fully renounce his involvement with the all-but-vanished Klan.”
If you read Eddy W. Davison’s “Nathan Bedford Forrest: In Search of the Enigma,” on page 464 and 474-475, you can see that Forrest not only publicly disavowed the KKK and worked to terminate it, but in August 1874, Forrest “volunteered to help ‘exterminate’ those men responsible for the continued violence against the blacks.” After the murder of four blacks by a lynch mob after they were arrested for defending themselves at a BBQ, Forrest wrote to Tennessee Governor Brown, offering “to exterminate the white marauders who disgrace their race by this cowardly murder of Negroes.”

I don’t care about Nathan Bedford Forrest or your version of history.

I didn’t post about the hick preacher getting canned for a Nathan Bedford Forrest birthday celebration in order to debate Nathan Bedford Forrest war crimes or his thoughts on black Americans.

it’s as relevant to me as your views on the effectiveness of windex in treating cavities.

I don’t care about Nathan Bedford Forrest or your version of history.

I didn’t post about the hick preacher getting canned for a Nathan Bedford Forrest birthday celebration in order to debate Nathan Bedford Forrest war crimes or his thoughts on black Americans.

it’s as relevant to me as your views on the effectiveness of windex in treating cavities.
Tsk. Tsk. Sounds like someone is really butt hurt. I take back what I said about you earlier. I would much rather punch you in the mouth than debate you on anything and I sure as heck would not be caught dead hanging out with you.

Reactions: importcock
Tsk. Tsk. Sounds like someone is really butt hurt. I take back what I said about you earlier. I would much rather punch you in the mouth than debate you on anything and I sure as heck would not be caught dead hanging out with you.

this is supposed to be relevant somehow? Listen, I can’t help your inadequacies or need to punch me. RollLaugh That’s irrelevant.

how you took a story about a hick preacher and gop Legislator getting canned from his church for attending a birthday celebration as an opportunity for a history lesson on Nathan Bedford Forrest is a mind bending exercise that is too foolish to entertain.

It is my responsibility to provide for my family, not your responsibility or my fellow American citizens. That's why one starts planning for the future at an early age.

I do however, believe in providing for those that can't help themselves, like children, adults that are not physically able to work or those that don't have the mental capacity to work. But everyone else can provide for themselves and their families.

Reactions: importcock
It is my responsibility to provide for my family, not your responsibility or my fellow American citizens. That's why one starts planning for the future at an early age.

I do however, believe in providing for those that can't help themselves, like children, adults that are not physically able to work or those that don't have the mental capacity to work. But everyone else can provide for themselves and their families.

Social security also provides for disabled people, and children of parents that die and obviously can’t support their child, etc.

without the basics of social security, we’d have millions more in the category of can’t help themselves.”

none of us would want to live in such a society.

Social security is a very popular program, for good reason.

Social security also provides for disabled people, and children of parents that die and obviously can’t support their child, etc.

without the basics of social security, we’d have millions more in the category of can’t help themselves.”

And I said I believe in help for those that can't help themselves. But too many people waste money during their working lives because they think Social Security is going to provide for themselves.

It's obvious that you're only thinking of yourself.
Yes, I don’t have a lot of compassion for people that rely on social security. The average person has over 40 years to save money for retirement. I agree that sometimes circumstances can affect ones ability to save. The vast majority of people who don’t save just live above their means for 40 years.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

Some components of it are good, like the ones you mentioned. It shouldn’t be relied on for retirement.

As for popularity, offer every American $1 million tomorrow and that would also be popular. It also wouldn’t solve anything.

Last edited:
I have no compassion for someone who decides not to save money for their future. If we weren’t forced to pay into the program, these seniors you’re talking about would have had MORE money during their working years. Are you saying that they were incapable of saving it on their own? Did they need the government to force them to save?

I’m not suggesting that we take money from anyone. I’m saying that we should let people keep the money they earn and manage it themselves.

It seems you don’t think people are capable of doing that. Show a little more confidence in your fellow Americans.

To be clear, I’m also not suggesting that it’s reasonable to stop a program that people are currently relying on. And the people who are currently receiving benefits certainly earned what they are now receiving. I don’t know how to fix it. I just don’t think it was a good idea to begin with. And it’s going to need some major adjustments in the future.

Last edited:
I have no compassion for someone who decides not to save money for their future. If we weren’t forced to pay into the program, these seniors you’re talking about would have had MORE money during their working years. Are you saying that they were incapable of saving it on their own? Did they need the government to force them to save?

I’m not suggesting that we take money from anyone. I’m saying that we should let people keep the money they earn and manage it themselves.

It seems you don’t think people are capable of doing that. Show a little more confidence in your fellow Americans.

To be clear, I’m also not suggesting that it’s reasonable to stop a program that people are currently relying on. And the people who are currently receiving benefits certainly earned what they are now receiving. I don’t know how to fix it. I just don’t think it was a good idea to begin with. And it’s going to need some major adjustments in the future.

Reality is not your strong point as 47% of Americans don't have $400 to cover an emergency. The working poor don't matter because it's their fault that they can't save.

Not only did they
Some components of it are good, like the ones you mentioned. It shouldn’t be relied on for retirement.

As for popularity, offer every American $1 million tomorrow and that would also be popular. It also wouldn’t solve anything.

You seem to be saying contradictory things, One one hand you say people who are on it earned what they are receiving & then turn right back around and argue that it's popular because people are being given things. (eg $1 million) They either earned it or its being given to them, which is it?

SS was designed to provide basic minimal support to seniors who are no longer in the work force. It has been a massive success but the demographics are such that some type of reform will be required. Doing away with it is not a viable option. That would create far more problems than it would solve.

Reality is not your strong point as 47% of Americans don't have $400 to cover an emergency. The working poor don't matter because it's their fault that they can't save.
Well give them 6.2% more in their paychecks. They can save it.

Not only did they

You seem to be saying contradictory things, One one hand you say people who are on it earned what they are receiving & then turn right back around and argue that it's popular because people are being given things. (eg $1 million) They either earned it or its being given to them, which is it?

SS was designed to provide basic minimal support to seniors who are no longer in the work force. It has been a massive success but the demographics are such that some type of reform will be required. Doing away with it is not a viable option. That would create far more problems than it would solve.
I agree that it isn’t feasible to just do away with it at this point. My first post regarding SS was just to say that I don’t think it’s a good program. Now that it’s here though, we’re stuck with it in some form. But major adjustments are coming.

You think they’re too stupid to save it, don’t you? That’s the real reality here.

You don't understand poverty and how folks live from paycheck to paycheck. Budgeting is not an option for the working poor. Your solution is the same as Marie Antoinette's - "Qu'ils tangent de la brioche"

Not only did they

It’s popular because people in this country aren’t responsible enough to save on their own. They earned the money. Most would spend it if it weren’t withheld. So responsible people have to participate in a program to their detriment so that we can take care of people who wouldn’t save.

Reactions: jthunder
You don't understand poverty and how folks live from paycheck to paycheck. Budgeting is not an option for the working poor. Your solution is the same as Marie Antoinette's - "Qu'ils tangent de la brioche"
Oh I understand. I know they’d spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT