ADVERTISEMENT

NCAAT Outlook

Exactly ...

the state reporter today is way off, he states SC has to win all 3 games to get in tourney..wrong, wrong,wrong

I don't know who the reporter is, but he is way off base, compared to every expert and mathematical projection out there. To me, it goes like this (including SECT games):

Lose out: OK, now you can panic. But they still have a shot.
Win 1: Pretty safe position, but still nervous.
Win 2: Pack your bags, prepare for 8 seed.
Win 3: Prepare for 7 seed.
Win 4: Hunting for a 6 seed
Win 5: Prepare for a 6 seed

I don't know who the reporter is, but he is way off base, compared to every expert and mathematical projection out there. To me, it goes like this (including SECT games):

Lose out: OK, now you can panic. But they still have a shot.
Win 1: Pretty safe position, but still nervous.
Win 2: Pack your bags, prepare for 8 seed.
Win 3: Prepare for 7 seed.
Win 4: Hunting for a 6 seed
Win 5: Prepare for a 6 seed

I would basically agree....21 wins and I feel real good about getting in

If you're the nervous sort, go ahead and start rooting for the bubble teams to lose, just in case. Tonight, you want Duke to beat Syracuse, Pitt to beat Wake Forest, UConn to beat Houston, Kansas to beat TCU, Creighton to beat Providence, Rutgers to beat Michigan, Vandy to beat Tennessee, Albany to beat Vermont, DePaul to beat Georgetown, Xavier to beat Seton Hall, Texas A&M to beat Arkansas, Oklahoma St. to beat Kansas St.

Again, unless the Gamecocks lose out, it probably won't matter.

Everyone thought we were in this time last year

Here is the big difference from last year. The RPI was 57 vs 29 (tied) now, and the SOS was 159 vs 39 now. I think the only way we don't make it is if we lose out or go 1-2 and lose in the first round of the SEC tourny. Basically all the teams that are below 50 RPI pretty much sucks

ADVERTISEMENT