ADVERTISEMENT

Need some help please with Internet Explorer 11 & Windows 10

rockingamecock

Aug 28, 2001
Soda City
before I upgrade to Windows 10, it says I need to have IE 11 first.....ok, so I try to download IE 11.....it gets half way thru and says I need to have IE 11 prerequisites......the prerequisites are already installed on my computer but it's not seeing them....I'm in an endless cycle and can't get past the "prerequisite" message.....I'm stuck....I want Windows 10....what do I do?

before I upgrade to Windows 10, it says I need to have IE 11 first.....ok, so I try to download IE 11.....it gets half way thru and says I need to have IE 11 prerequisites......the prerequisites are already installed on my computer but it's not seeing them....I'm in an endless cycle and can't get past the "prerequisite" message.....I'm stuck....I want Windows 10....what do I do?
You shouldn't have to do anything. If you sign in to register for the update it downloads what you need in the background over a few days. Keep checking back and then there will be another download...and then the final download which takes about a hour...maybe less. I have downloaded from a PC windows 7 and a Windows 8.1 laptop. They went through the same process with both. The windows download will show up in you right side bar at the bottom when your edition is ready for download( that's where you register). It's will automatic appear......you can't install it except with that and get it right....

Sounds like a good Google question, not a fgf question.

You are going to get the Edge with Windows 10. It is a far superior search engine......don't worry about deleting anything the Windows 10 download will take care of that for you.

Super I havent upgraded to 10 yet so I havent seen Edge. I have heard a lot of big talk about how great it will be. Whats your first impressions of it and will it hold up to the lofty expectations going forward?

Super I havent upgraded to 10 yet so I havent seen Edge. I have heard a lot of big talk about how great it will be. Whats your first impressions of it and will it hold up to the lofty expectations going forward?
All I know that typing Yahoo mail in Edge is slow. I haven't used other features.

The whole Edge approach is better. You also have the ability to write on web pages....Cortana is also a great plus. It's like Siri in that it has voice commands but the platform is expected to be expanded over time to include XBox and many other applications. I am very happy with Windows 10 and look forward to the next step they will take. It is a simpler tool to use.

I just bought a laptop with Windows 10. I'm not a tech guy but for me, windows 10 is harder than Chinese arithmetic.

I just bought a laptop with Windows 10. I'm not a tech guy but for me, windows 10 is harder than Chinese arithmetic.
You must have never owned a laptop with Windows 8.1. I think the Windows 10 is the easiest they ever produced. It is so inclusive and easy to navigate. I love the Edge and the apps are so easy to find and load. I can't understand anyone not seeing this. Windows 10 is a Windows 7 on steroids. You'll have to get use to some of it but for the most part if you have used Windows 7, XP, Vista....or any others, this should not be a problem. I'll say, there is an exception for Windows 8 and 8.1....total nightmares....there is even a 3D printer page for goodness sake.....and Cortana talks to you....lol....

I had a tech d/l windows 10 for me. I like windows 10 but not edge and switched to IE. I like IE better than chrome or firefox.

You are going to get the Edge with Windows 10. It is a far superior search engine......don't worry about deleting anything the Windows 10 download will take care of that for you.
Win10 will take care of everything. Just ask Big Brother.
Win 10 will take care of everything:

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...bad_they_are_and_how_to_plug_them.single.html

I downloaded WIndows 10, as an upgrade from Windows 8. whatever. Really like it. I also like Edge and I had stopped using Internet Explorer long ago. Windows 10 runs my multiple monitors and all my programs very well. Didn't have to update any programs, which I did when switching from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I am running 2 different internet access programs, while using Edge. Now the only thing I did see, it didn't import my "favorite websites" from my other program, it just grabbed those in Internet Explorer.

Reactions: superflyby
Win10 will take care of everything. Just ask Big Brother.

Win 10 will take care of everything:

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...bad_they_are_and_how_to_plug_them.single.html
Do you really think you surf the web undetected ? I would hope you are smarter than that.....lol. They aren't doing anything that most web sites aren't doing. They are tracking you.....lol. Go to YouTube and see your suggestions and see if they aren't tracking you...on Facebook...everywhere. It's the price you pay. If you don't want to be tracked....don't go online....end of story.....

Do you really think you surf the web undetected ? I would hope you are smarter than that.....lol. They aren't doing anything that most web sites aren't doing. They are tracking you.....lol. Go to YouTube and see your suggestions and see if they aren't tracking you...on Facebook...everywhere. It's the price you pay. If you don't want to be tracked....don't go online....end of story.....
I was trying to help you but if you don't care, fine.

IE has had issues from day one......they are always trying to fix something. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2882632/microsoft-fixes-ie-memory-problems.html
It's funny on that comp I was able to switch to IE from Edge but this comp won't allow me to do that. It says I have a newer version of IE in use-Edge. The Windows people are out of sync with their customers as they no longer have the game package. I had to get a tech to put Hearts and Solitaire on my comp. He copied from an old one. I had a brain lock earlier today as I d/led Windows 10 to update Windows 7. I forgot about the game package not being available so I lost the card games but am having a new comp built in which the tech will copy those games from and old comp I had. Have been having problems with two comps that I had tech replace the hard drives on. They worked fine for awhile but the old problems came back so if anyone wants advice. It may not be a good idea to replace the hard drives. Just buy a new comp.

ADVERTISEMENT