ADVERTISEMENT

Needing a boost

Cock-a-Doo

Dec 8, 2009
Man, I just feel like we waited so long for football to get here and then we run into the Georgia debacle and then have the hurricane cancellation. I can't believe how something I was so excited for 3 weeks ago I'm now feeling so indifferent towards.
I can't be the only one feeling this way. Last time I felt this way was 2008 after our opener against, who else, Vandy...where we lost by 7 to open the season.

Need a big Gamecock win Saturday to get back in the saddle on football season

Same. I was on a work trip for the UGA game and haven't read much or watched anything since the opener. Completely unusual for me. Surprised by how ambivalent I feel.

Uga just told us how far away we are from being remotely competitive with good teams. That is a kick in the jewels. Not only do we not play well but the bigger the game the crappier we play. Totally deflating. We were all hoping to see improvement. I don’t think we have seen that yet.

I'd say UGA is better than just a good team. I'd say one of the top 2 in the country along with Bama. Just goes to prove its tough beating teams that are loaded with 5* recruits with lots of 4*'s being backups. As long as little man Kirby keeps recruiting like he has I doubt anybody in the country can beat them consistently other than Nick.

I'd say UGA is better than just a good team. I'd say one of the top 2 in the country along with Bama. Just goes to prove its tough beating teams that are loaded with 5* recruits with lots of 4*'s being backups. As long as little man Kirby keeps recruiting like he has I doubt anybody in the country can beat them consistently other than Nick.
Hate it, but Ohio State belongs in the conversation.

Auburn beat UGA 40 - 17 during the regular season last year, then UGA turned around and beat Auburn 28 - 7 in the SEC Championship game. UGA didn't look very good getting whooped 40-17, but they didn't let that discourage them when they got a second chance.

Let's see how our team responds before throwing in the towel this season. If we beat Vanderbilt by 10+, then I think many of us will regain our excitement.

YES, I saw how bad we looked in the second half Vs. UGA, so I don't need 30 people here replying to me asking me if I watched the game.

Auburn beat UGA 40 - 17 during the regular season last year, then UGA beat Auburn 28 - 7 in the SEC Championship game. UGA didn't look very good getting whooped 40-17, but they didn't let that discourage them when they got a second chance.

Let's see how our team responds before throwing in the towel this season. If we beat Vanderbilt by 10+, then I think many of us will regain our excitement.

YES, I saw how bad we looked in the second half Vs. UGA, so I don't need 30 people here replying to me asking me if I watched the game.
I think the results in those two games had more to do with momentum and where the games were played than anything else. Plus, that Auburn running back (Johnson?) who was lethal in the first game at Auburn, and also against Bama, was dinged and it made a world of difference in the SECCG.

It’s the lack of competitiveness that really is infuriating. At home, we should never get destroyed no matter the opponent. 2 of our last 3 home games were not competitive. Talent is one thing but looking just plain bad is another. I assume it will be an ugly game this weekend but we really need to hit on all cylinders. Slopping around will just heighten this guys anxiety.

It’s the lack of competitiveness that really is infuriating. At home, we should never get destroyed no matter the opponent. 2 of our last 3 home games were not competitive. Talent is one thing but looking just plain bad is another. I assume it will be an ugly game this weekend but we really need to hit on all cylinders. Slopping around will just heighten this guys anxiety.
Anxiety will be in order in most of our remaining games.

Like an above poster said it’s not that we lost. It’s how we lost. The game was NEVER in doubt!

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans"
Thank you John Lennon. Just one of the magnificent pieces of genius from one of the best. Beautiful beautiful beautiful.....beautiful boy. I'm with OP by the way. I really don't want to put up with a lotta fn around this Saturday. We take over in 3rd quarter...win 24 16

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT