ADVERTISEMENT

Neutral Site Games...my take

spur_rem

Oct 29, 2015
Would like to hear what everyone thinks but I think neutral site games are bad for college football...would much rather have a home/away game with a P5 out of conf opponent than do a one off at a neutral site. 2 main reasons:

* Neutral site games are a big loss of revenue for the home town...lodging, food, etc. I think Columbia's Chamber of Commerce would back me up.
* You don't get the away game experience of the opponents stadium and campus. I love visiting other college campuses and feeling the competitive spirit of their fans in their stadium.

Clemson and TXAM did it right. How awesome would the GA FLA game be if held in Athens and Gainesville instead of Jacksonville?

Anyway, your thoughts...

I don't mind a neutral site game every now and then, and I'm talking about for college football in general, not just us. Still, I agree that it takes away something from the college football experience. How great would a Bama vs. FSU home and home have been? Or Auburn vs. Oregon? Even on t.v. I think you can feel the difference from a neutral site game as opposed to a game at a team's home stadium. Oklahoma and Ohio State did it right with that home and home. Texas and LSU have a home and home the next two years. That will be much better to watch or attend than some game at a sterile NFL stadium.

As long as a neutral site goes down as an away game I’m good. And in a large alumni/recruiting area like Charlotte or Atlanta.

Reactions: BigTomE
I dont mind for out of conference games, but conference games should be home/away

Not fair, for example, that Fla NEVER plays in Athens ( tougher to win) and visa versa.

UGA could get upset at the swamp than in Jax.

Tilts the standings

Neutral site games are great for recruiting. There will be a bunch of recruits from NC at our game this weekend. Gives us really good exposure in the area.
Yeah we got a lot good exposure our last trip there

Would like to hear what everyone thinks but I think neutral site games are bad for college football...would much rather have a home/away game with a P5 out of conf opponent than do a one off at a neutral site. 2 main reasons:

* Neutral site games are a big loss of revenue for the home town...lodging, food, etc. I think Columbia's Chamber of Commerce would back me up.
* You don't get the away game experience of the opponents stadium and campus. I love visiting other college campuses and feeling the competitive spirit of their fans in their stadium.

Clemson and TXAM did it right. How awesome would the GA FLA game be if held in Athens and Gainesville instead of Jacksonville?

Anyway, your thoughts...

GA and Fla game is a huge event. Home and home it would be just another game.

I think we have made Charlotte enough money in footbal and baseball. I dont think it really helps that much in recruiting.

Have you seen the list of Charlotte area recruits that will be in attendance? Or ever heard our coaching staff talk about why they like to play neutral site games?

Reactions: rogue cock
Only part i'll sternly disagree on is the loss of revenue for Columbia. Very rarely do these games result in USC losing a home game. Feels like we always still have 7 home games after the fact. Everything else is a solid point.
You are correct, we only play neutral site games when we have CU at home. Normally this season would be the away game in a two game series. The neutral site game is a sizeable bump in revenue for the athletic department

We should play the three nonconference games (that aren’t Clemson) at home against lesser opponents. Maximize wins. Limit injuries. Limit snaps for starters. Allow injured players to recover without it costing you a win.

Reactions: howard13

Anyway, your thoughts...
It's good for me since I live in Charlotte. :)

But honestly, I don't think having a neutral game as the first game is a good thing.

First game should always be home of if possible.

Reactions: howard13
ADVERTISEMENT