ADVERTISEMENT

Never forget the QUITTERS who abandoned this team

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
Never forget the pathetic QUITTERS who abandoned this team. They left this roster short handed and it showed. I’ll never remember them for anything they did here other than QUITTING on us before playing fu**ing NOTRE DAME. Not UConn or Iowa or someone like that. The most high profile team name in college football history. A win that would carry so much weight.

Thanks quitters. Hope your 40 time is 0.01 faster and that 7th round pick was worth flushing your reputation. Hope it was worth it to portal to some other team where you probably wont play as much since you gotta learn a whole new system.

2022 Gamecocks were a 9 win roster with an 8 win heart

The opt out guys didn’t cause our guys to quit conditioning ? What beat the taters in the 4th cost us tonight. But I’m pretty sure they have been having lots of fun and team building. This game will go a long way in improving this team.
Go Gamecocks

Reactions: Gamecockloyal08
Never forget the pathetic QUITTERS who abandoned this team. They left this roster short handed and it showed. I’ll never remember them for anything they did here other than QUITTING on us before playing fu**ing NOTRE DAME. Not UConn or Iowa or someone like that. The most high profile team name in college football history. A win that would carry so much weight.

Thanks quitters. Hope your 40 time is 0.01 faster and that 7th round pick was worth flushing your reputation. Hope it was worth it to portal to some other team where you probably wont play as much since you gotta learn a whole new system.

Gotta admit I like this ^^^ post!

The opt out guys didn’t cause our guys to quit conditioning ? What beat the taters in the 4th cost us tonight. But I’m pretty sure they have been having lots of fun and team building. This game will go a long way in improving this team.
Go Gamecocks
When you’re missing bodies you play way more snaps, that taxes conditioning.

Having 1 extra body in a position group can mean a guy gets 10-15 snaps to rest, thats huge.

Gotta admit I like this ^^^ post!
Thanks. Always remember their names. Their legacy at USC is they QUIT on their team as they prepared to face f***ing Notre Dame. Not UNC Charlotte. Not Southern Miss. Notre Dame.

We all know their names. Thats all I’ll ever remember of them. The healthy ones I mean. I understand Josh Vanns situation and hope he heals and thrives in the NFL

Easy to say when you don’t have skin in the game and are sitting behind a keyboard.

Easy to say when you don’t have skin in the game and are sitting behind a keyboard.

Im old now but I played college ball. I never ever would have quit on my team. Me and my teammates played til the final snap of the final game, just like these kids tonight who did play and played their freaking hearts out. Which makes me so angry, these kids fought so so hard and should have won, a few more bodies and they dont gas out, they get the win.

But unfortunately some of their teammates are quitters. 2022 USC was a 9 win roster with an 8 win heart

Hell, you can make more with the NIL these days than a 5-6 round pick.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Im old now but I played college ball. I never ever would have quit on my team. Me and my teammates played til the final snap of the final game, just like these kids tonight who did play and played their freaking hearts out. Which makes me so angry, these kids fought so so hard and should have won, a few more bodies and they dont gas out, they get the win.

But unfortunately some of their teammates are quitters. 2022 USC was a 9 win roster with an 8 win heart
Back then you didn’t risk millions with an injury in a meaningless bowl game.

Reactions: Bftboy

Seeing the guts and emotions displayed by the USC and ND players tonight, I wouldnt call it meaningless at all. Would you? Did it mean something to the seniors for those 2 teams?

1. They can get insurance policies
2. Those career ending injuries in bowls are actually rare, theres only like 3-4 guys out of thousands of NFL prospects that its really happened to in a significant way, and even those guys still got their shot
3. Those guys became prospects in part from someone else blocking for em, throwing to em, holding coverage for em to get a coverage sack, pressuring a QB into a bad throw for their INT……and now they abandon them vs Notre Dame. Cant give the seniors a shot to go out as winners huh?

Some of those portal guys wanted to play in the bowl game but I'm glad Beamer said no.
Yeah but I wonder how many now will play the bowl and then transfer. Not sure that’s any better. You might could argue they’d give full effort until they leave, but they may give less than 100% knowing they plan on leaving.

I’m glad Beamer told those guys no…..but I wonder if making that policy public will just set the stage for gaming the system a little.

I hope an NFL GM would see that as a sign that when its a contract year, it doesnt matter if the team needs a big win for a playoff shot, this player who quit on his college team is 100% about himself, not his team. I wouldnt sign someone with a quitter tendency

Yeah but I wonder how many now will play the bowl and then transfer. Not sure that’s any better. You might could argue they’d give full effort until they leave, but they may give less than 100% knowing they plan on leaving.

I’m glad Beamer told those guys no…..but I wonder if making that policy public will just set the stage for gaming the system a little.

Its better. My biggest gripe is finish what you start. Play til the final whistle of the final game.

Tomorrow if Rattler, Legette, Hemingway or anyone else says they wanna transfer or go pro, God bless em. They FINISHED the season. Just dont be a quitter. Nothing is worse, not even a cheater, at least a cheater is trying to win.

I hope an NFL GM would see that as a sign that when its a contract year, it doesnt matter if the team needs a big win for a playoff shot, this player who quit on his college team is 100% about himself, not his team. I wouldnt sign someone with a quitter tendency
So the keyboard warrior says, gm’s don’t see it that way. They see it for what it really is. Smart in preparing for your career. You see it as quitting they don’t. They are correct.

So the keyboard warrior says, gm’s don’t see it that way. They see it for what it really is. Smart in preparing for your career. You see it as quitting they don’t. They are correct.

Haha “keyboard warrior”, just FYI that cliche insult doesnt offend me or anything, just thought id save you some typing.

Well if you think they are correct for doing that, fine, your outlook on life obviously is the same as theirs. And I wouldnt want quitters on my team. Its a 100% selfish decision. Most successful organizations, sports or not, preach against that, and for good reason.

Agree. ND QB got beat up and picked off but kept fighting. Much respect for him and ND.
Yep NDs kids fought also, their roster also had some key players who decided their final act as a football player at freakin Notre Dame….would be to quit on their team.

Seeing the emotions and effort from both teams in this game, it’s shocking some still call it “meaningless”.

Its better. My biggest gripe is finish what you start. Play til the final whistle of the final game.

Tomorrow if Rattler, Legette, Hemingway or anyone else says they wanna transfer or go pro, God bless em. They FINISHED the season. Just dont be a quitter. Nothing is worse, not even a cheater, at least a cheater is trying to win.
I get what you’re saying and I had that mentality when playing and coaching.

However todays game is different. If you’re not in the national title hunt it’s a given there will be opt outs and transfers. You just hope you get hit less than the competition.

While I’m proud of the effort tonight, we had our chances to close the deal

Go Gamecocks
Wrong. They wore down, hell they weren’t playing this much all year, ow ask them too because their teammates quit on their?? Whatever.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
This is the future. I hate it but it but it is what it is. I just choose to watch a whole lot less of it (read none). I will not contribute to this dumpster fire they call college football today. Just my opinion and what I can stand.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
This is also why I don’t put much stock into bowl games. Would it have been great to win—sure. But reality is Notre Dame wasn’t at full strength and neither were we. Bowl games have become about the stars who opt in to help their draft stock and the backups who take their chance to shine or prove they need to stay backups. Nothing more or less.

Reactions: nd4life211
If I had done enough to sign a multi million dollar contract, not only would I not play in a nobody gives a shit bowl, I'd be walking around like this all the time until the deal was done.

Bubble-Wrap-Kid.jpg

So it’s all about the money. About me. And in the process you lose out on all that sports and being a member of a team are about. When the money id going to be there anyway.

Do you want NIL, The Portal and leaving early to be part of College Football? That's fine by me but these universities should start removing some of this scholarship money and letting them pay for some of the burden. They get an education, room and board, nutrition, training facilities, coaching, clothing and apparel, medical benefits and basically anything else they need to survive while in school. That adds up to a whole hell of a lot of money. Really, what's the point of a scholarship now if players can just bolt at the end of one year?

Do you want NIL, The Portal and leaving early to be part of College Football? That's fine by me but these universities should start removing some of this scholarship money and letting them pay for some of the burden. They get an education, room and board, nutrition, training facilities, coaching, clothing and apparel, medical benefits and basically anything else they need to survive while in school. That adds up to a whole hell of a lot of money. Really, what's the point of a scholarship now if players can just bolt at the end of one year?

Wait a minute you want it to be about an education. Just because you transfer and refuse to play a bowl game, that doesn’t mean you still can’t get a degree.

Crying about players opting out of exhibition games in 22. Is the equivalent of crying when you get wet when it's raining.

Reactions: section907
I worked on forgetting about the players as soon as they jump ship. They likely don’t care what we think, complaining about it isn’t going to make them feel guilty. It’s cool to do what’s best for them. But I admit that I feel a little bitter in a way. Especially about Bell who was pretty good. He is kind of like the hot girlfriend who cheated on you. Yea, I wish them the best, but I really hope their new relationship turns into a dumpster fire.

I guess it is the new generation, before when played ball, it was for the love of the game and the comraderie of the fellows on my team, now they do it for different reasons apparently.
It is generational. Same attitude is why Chipotle and Starbucks cant keep staffing and some places have to close bc employees quit constantly and are so selfish.

These life lessons sports are supposed to teach go far beyond the field. Seeing people celebrating quitters is just sad.

I worked on forgetting about the players as soon as they jump ship. They likely don’t care what we think, complaining about it isn’t going to make them feel guilty. It’s cool to do what’s best for them. But I admit that I feel a little bitter in a way. Especially about Bell who was pretty good. He is kind of like the hot girlfriend who cheated on you. Yea, I wish them the best, but I really hope their new relationship turns into a dumpster fire.

Forgetting them is fine. So is shaming the act of quitting. Their final act as Gamecocks was abandoning their team.

Quitter Bell was definitely a weapon but our depth was so bad vs ND, anyone who could have played 10-15 snaps to give guys a breather would have helped. But, they decided to be quitters

Reactions: cockofdawn
Forgetting them is fine. So is shaming the act of quitting. Their final act as Gamecocks was abandoning their team.

Quitter Bell was definitely a weapon but our depth was so bad vs ND, anyone who could have played 10-15 snaps to give guys a breather would have helped. But, they decided to be quitters
You can probably chill. Point made. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT