ADVERTISEMENT

Never forget the QUITTERS who abandoned this team

Back then you didn’t risk millions with an injury in a meaningless bowl game.
How was the Bowl game any more meaningless than the 9th, 10th, or 11th game of the season? Where do you draw the line. Any player could have been injured against Clemson, but I don't recall any player opting out before the bowl game. It's ruining college football.

Reactions: cockofdawn
The results of bowl games effect final rankings. Aside from final rankings, what else is there to play for in any game?

The criteria seems to be the game only counts if it impacts the national title, which makes most games played "meaningless".

The criteria seems to be the game only counts if it impacts the national title, which makes most games played "meaningless".
Yep — including the ones against FCS teams. Many of today’s players are not really team players.

If I was a college athlete (even if I was a top level talent), I would stay in school as long as I could especially with this NIL business. Live for free on campus, chasing the hottest women Ill ever be around in my life, and practicing for and playing a fun game with all my buddies year round. Sounds awesome to me.

I guess these guys are in a hurry to go be miserable like the rest of us and work the rest of their lives so they can pay taxes.
More money more problems. Couldn’t agree more with your statement. I tell kids all the time to find another major or more classes to take to stay in college. Especially if the parents are paying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT