ADVERTISEMENT

Never seen this much rain in my life

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
Holy Moses I’ve been thru some crazy storms but this is insane . It’s literally been a two day downpour from sun up to sundown and it’s looking like two more days . According to Radar it’s moving 2 MPH . I’m 100 Miles from expected landfall and this is crazy . Gonna be some bad bad flooding . Anybody else live on the gulf coast ?? If so y’all be safe .

We're expecting up to 5 inches of rain in SC starting tonight through tomorrow night.
Already thinking that, after today, golf will have to wait 'til next week. I don't play on Sundays and Saturday will be cool and still very wet, even if the rain gets out of here on Friday. We are in the band where the most rain is predicted to fall.

One model has the upstate getting 1-2" while another has them getting up to 7".

Good luck! I lived in Orlando for 16 years and dealt with a lot of hurricanes. Stood in the eye of one as it passed over our house. Stay safe out there!

Holy Moses I’ve been thru some crazy storms but this is insane . It’s literally been a two day downpour from sun up to sundown and it’s looking like two more days . According to Radar it’s moving 2 MPH . I’m 100 Miles from expected landfall and this is crazy . Gonna be some bad bad flooding . Anybody else live on the gulf coast ?? If so y’all be safe .
Noah heard and saw more ;)

Stay safe man.

Reactions: king ward
Just left Monday from visiting my son and his family in Port St Joe.They are getting lots of rain but spared high winds and the dreaded storm surge.Hurricanes are the reason he is there as he is working on rebuilding Tyndall AFB from Hurricane Michael...About a 5 yr and 5-7 bil project.

These types of slow moving storms are a nightmare. I lived through Harvey, here in the Houston area. We got 51 inches during that storm. It was bad news for a long time. Hope you stay safe!

Last edited:
Thanks guys . Wow this was a wild one We were expecting very little impact but man we were wrong . Pensacola and Gulf Shores got absolutely wrecked . Not so much from the winds but the flooding is nuts. Downtown Pensacola is underwater . Dang 2020 just keeps on sucking

I was in the middle of one at Oak Island earlier this year. Stay safe. Keep your phone charged in case your power goes out. It was just a category one but I have no desire to ride one out ever again. There was a constant small lake in front of our house that never left the entire week.

Already thinking that, after today, golf will have to wait 'til next week. I don't play on Sundays and Saturday will be cool and still very wet, even if the rain gets out of here on Friday. We are in the band where the most rain is predicted to fall.
I hear that. We have been playing at Hidden Valley out in Gaston lately. There is a road which connects #1 and #2 and then coming the other way it connects #8 and #9. It partly washed out earlier this summer when we had a lot of rain.

He could have repaired it in August for $1,000 - $2,000, but did not. All he has done is brace the culvert and concrete wall where it discharges with a section of metal pipe propped against a tree and put a piece of old carpet over the washed out area on the cart path.

If it completely washes out tomorrow or Friday it will cost $15,000-20,000 to rebuild it properly. I imagine he will be forced to close.

Probably just as well. The course has been almost overrun with crabgrass.

Looking for a new golf home.

I hear that. We have been playing at Hidden Valley out in Gaston lately. There is a road which connects #1 and #2 and then coming the other way it connects #8 and #9. It partly washed out earlier this summer when we had a lot of rain.

He could have repaired it in August for $1,000 - $2,000, but did not. All he has done is brace the culvert and concrete wall where it discharges with a section of metal pipe propped against a tree and put a piece of old carpet over the washed out area on the cart path.

If it completely washes out tomorrow or Friday it will cost $15,000-20,000 to rebuild it properly. I imagine he will be forced to close.

Probably just as well. The course has been almost overrun with crabgrass.

Looking for a new golf home.
Hope you find it, Brother. Lancaster Golf Club has never been better than it has been this season. But we've had to deal with an inordinate number of "cart path only" days.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Thanks guys . Wow this was a wild one We were expecting very little impact but man we were wrong . Pensacola and Gulf Shores got absolutely wrecked . Not so much from the winds but the flooding is nuts. Downtown Pensacola is underwater . Dang 2020 just keeps on sucking
I hope you and your family are safe and stay they way. A friend from work retired in June. He and his wife are on vacation in Pensacola right now. I saw videos of the downtown area this morning, and it was flooded terribly.

We played Oak Hills today. Play Santee once a month. Golden Hills & Cobblestone are always in good shape . We play a lot of the courses in the golf book sold once a year for around $70. Have not played Hidden Valley in years because it kept going downhill. All the best to the folks in the path of Sally.

I had a chance to join Columbia Country Club a few years ago without an initiation fee. I should have done it then. Most private clubs around here are prohibitively expensive to join.

Actually, I think it was Cobblestone.

We played Oak Hills today. Play Santee once a month. Golden Hills & Cobblestone are always in good shape . We play a lot of the courses in the golf book sold once a year for around $70. Have not played Hidden Valley in years because it kept going downhill. All the best to the folks in the path of Sally.
Which golf pass do you use?

The Midlands VIP book from the S.C. Golf Association. Also the the Santee card which is a heck of deal. You can find on their website.

Y’all, BobbyB is probably floating in a life raft somewhere in the middle of the Gulf and you’re up in here talking golf!

Lol ironically I’m going to the golf course now ... to go fishing . Since the courses are wrecked and closed I got free reign . Gotta look for the silver lining right !!!

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
Every August we buy the Oakhills deal for $75, it gives us $23 during the week & 31 on the weekend.

I love Wild Dunes, just takes some extra planning but at least once a year is worth it. Pawleys Island is pretty awesome too.
Oak Hills here in Columbia? I love that GC. You can join it (as a senior) for 75 a month. But I'd rather pay $75 and play all year.

Here in the ATL region, my wife's rain gauge just overflowed at 6" since yesterday. No telling how much rain we've had in the last 24 hours.

U been living under a rock?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT