ADVERTISEMENT

Never thought I would say it, but I am done with this baseball season

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
I can no longer watch a team play remarkable on a Friday only to blow late leads on Saturday and get humiliated on Sunday. I thought after Vandy we would have turned the corner but we clearly have not. I am not ready to pull the plug on Holbrook but I think major work needs to be done in summer and in fall.
I couldnt help but wonder this morning but what was our teams records in 1997,98? It seems we are beating them out for futility of baseball. I think it all goes back to game one when we lost the season opener and said afterwards we had no energy or enthusiasm. It looks like this team never really got going this season and then pressed so hard to get back in it that they got worse. Ready for season to end and dont want t see scores of the last two series.

Reactions: RayGilda
I can no longer watch a team play remarkable on a Friday only to blow late leads on Saturday and get humiliated on Sunday. I thought after Vandy we would have turned the corner but we clearly have not. I am not ready to pull the plug on Holbrook but I think major work needs to be done in summer and in fall.
I couldnt help but wonder this morning but what was our teams records in 1997,98? It seems we are beating them out for futility of baseball. I think it all goes back to game one when we lost the season opener and said afterwards we had no energy or enthusiasm. It looks like this team never really got going this season and then pressed so hard to get back in it that they got worse. Ready for season to end and dont want t see scores of the last two series.

I think its quit being fun for a lot of us, but if you're like me, you'll be back to following every pitch Friday night and beyond.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Unless these juco kids can come in and set the world on fire. I don't think we will be better next year.

I'll watch every single game I can, just like I always do. I'll pull for our guys and scream and holler. I don't have to like what I'm seeing though. There's no reason for us to be where we are just a few years removed from back to back tiltles.

Holbrook as a "great recruiter" seems very exaggerated to me. I see him recruiting his own family members and the last two recruiting classes have been complete busts up and down the board. Every year removed from Ray the further removed we are from Omaha.

I think Chad brought them in and Ray developed them. I still maintain there is talent on this team, it's just not being coached.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT