ADVERTISEMENT

New Baseball Coach: IMO

jfdubya

Jan 7, 2004
It will be O'Sullivan. Tanner knows him well as does as Muschamp and Spurrier. He's ready to depart his new AD and and the sad, sad fans. Last night only about 300 fans watched him win a Super region and a trip to the BIGS. Average attendance at Florida this year was about 3700. Not all of his coaches will accompany him here, so he will hire Holbrook as Associate Head Coach/Recruiter. This will make all fans happy (as well has his wife who was born on Wheat St) and you will be pleased with your AD. RESOURCES? I have none, so don't ask. If it was going to be someone other that O'Sullivan, Tanner would have already had a press conference.

You sold me.

200.gif

Last edited:
Since the search is so quiet, makes me think it has to be someone still playing.

It will be O'Sullivan. Tanner knows him well as does as Muschamp and Spurrier. He's ready to depart his new AD and and the sad, sad fans. Last night only about 300 fans watched him win a Super region and a trip to the BIGS. Average attendance at Florida this year was about 3700. Not all of his coaches will accompany him here, so he will hire Holbrook as Associate Head Coach/Recruiter. This will make all fans happy (as well has his wife who was born on Wheat St) and you will be pleased with your AD. RESOURCES? I have none, so don't ask. If it was going to be someone other that O'Sullivan, Tanner would have already had a press conference.

I wouldn't mind him coming here, I work with a guy who's son (who happened to be a pretty high draft pick) pitched for OSullivan. He had nothing but great things to say about O'Sullivan and was hoping he'd end up back at Clemson.

On another note, do you really think we can get OSullivan? He makes more than a $million$ so Tanner will have to break the bank on that one. I can't see OSullivan leaving for a decrease in pay just because they don't get fan support.

I don't see any coach coming here and keeping Holbrook, and I don't think Holbrook would be back in anything less than a head coaches job.

Reactions: rogue cock
I wouldn't mind him coming here, I work with a guy who's son (who happened to be a pretty high draft pick) pitched for OSullivan. He had nothing but great things to say about O'Sullivan and was hoping he'd end up back at Clemson.

On another note, do you really think we can get OSullivan? He makes more than a $million$ so Tanner will have to break the bank on that one. I can't see OSullivan leaving for a decrease in pay just because they don't get fan support.

I don't see any coach coming here and keeping Holbrook, and I don't think Holbrook would be back in anything less than a head coaches job.

How long has O'Sullivan been making north of $1mill? If he's been smart with his money, he could be already set. Maybe he feels coming here is worth taking a small cut? Who knows what is in people's heads, or what motivates them? (Not arguing with you or even advocating for an O'Sullivan hire, just thinking out loud.)

Reactions: bushmastercock
How can USC pay a baseball coach ( approx.1.4 mil) more than Dawn Staley. .... and I do believe its very possible Sullivan is the guy

How can USC pay a baseball coach ( approx.1.4 mil) more than Dawn Staley. .... and I do believe its very possible Sullivan is the guy
So then what the hell good is all that SEC money? And if Staley isn't making that kind of money, someone needs the first blindfold when the revolution comes.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
I'm not being sarcastic with my request, I'm curious (but not curious enough to do research): Can anyone give a few examples of head coaches who were fired as head coach, but stayed on with a new coach as an assistant/recruiter role? People sometimes throw this suggestion out, but I can't recall it ever happening...and can't imagine a department making this move OR it working for anyone who tried it.

How long has O'Sullivan been making north of $1mill? If he's been smart with his money, he could be already set. Maybe he feels coming here is worth taking a small cut? Who knows what is in people's heads, or what motivates them? (Not arguing with you or even advocating for an O'Sullivan hire, just thinking out loud.)

You could be right about O'Sullivan I just don't see Tanner delving out that kind of $, but I guess stranger things have happened.

My guess he's been making that kind of $ for a few years. He should be set and maybe coming here is his dream job.

I wouldn't gamble with Tanner that's for sure, I think he's got a pretty good hand he's holding and if he gets O'Sullivan to come here I think he's done the baseball program a huge favor. And I've already been vocal that the Muschamp hire was genius on Tanners part.

We could be a lot worse off if he lands OSullivan to the mix with Muschamp. At least both could spend a substantial amount of time here and put their own signature on our programs.

I really like this lineup!
Muschamp
O'Sullivan (maybe)
Staley
Martin

I'm not being sarcastic with my request, I'm curious (but not curious enough to do research): Can anyone give a few examples of head coaches who were fired as head coach, but stayed on with a new coach as an assistant/recruiter role? People sometimes throw this suggestion out, but I can't recall it ever happening...and can't imagine a department making this move OR it working for anyone who tried it.
I can't answer your question, but I would guess that examples of such are few and far between. Having said that, I'd be happy for CCH to remain with the program in the role of recruiter and asst coach. He's a good guy, and a great asset to the community in addition to being a good recruiter. But I would be shocked if it happened. He probably feels a little dumped-on about now, and wouldn't want to hang around the place where he got dumped-on, as second-fiddle.

Reactions: atl-cock
Doesn't O'Sullivan's ex wife and two small children live in SC? That would be a big reason to come here,,be closer to his kids

Okay, but the Holbrook Retainment simply won't play imo. O'Sullivan was my first choice - he's a proven winner/recruiter. Let's get it done!

I think O'Sullivan is pretty much a clone of Holbrook...great recruiter, not so great as a coach. For the past two years he has had the best team in the country talent-wise, but couldn't close the deal. This will be his 6th trip to Omaha in the last 8-10 years and zero hardware in the trophy case. I have no idea why he would leave Florida with a ten year contract at $1.4 million per year. Plus recruiting in Florida is a slam dunk....don't think he would seriously consider making that move...and I am seriously glad that he won't. ..

Reactions: usc1wme
Anybody that says o Sullivan cant coach needs help....look at his record!! do you realize how hard it is to win Omaha? heck we cant win hoover!

Reactions: sclawman77
I think O'Sullivan is pretty much a clone of Holbrook...great recruiter, not so great as a coach. For the past two years he has had the best team in the country talent-wise, but couldn't close the deal. This will be his 6th trip to Omaha in the last 8-10 years and zero hardware in the trophy case. I have no idea why he would leave Florida with a ten year contract at $1.4 million per year. Plus recruiting in Florida is a slam dunk....don't think he would seriously consider making that move...and I am seriously glad that he won't. ..
He's been at UF ten years and taken his team to Omaha 6 times and was a runner up to us in 2011. They've also won the SEC East and SEC outright multiple times. How many times did Chad get to Omaha? How much hardware did Chad obtain? You do realize if Chad had gotten us to Omaha once we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Give O'Sullivan our fan support and facilities. I'm still unsure of it happening but I'm all for it.

I've been on the fence on the guy, but whether he's got a great personality (or not) he's back in the CWS....again. That's about the only thing that matters

I wouldn't be upset if it's O'Sullivan.. He's a proven coach and as the old saying goes...

If you can't beat them in CWS Championship game, then join them...

Whoever is the new the only person I hope he keeps is Lake. Time for Meyers to move on. Espo same....

I would have an interest in the assistant coaches at LSU. In the four SEC tournament games the Tigers played in, they scored 35 runs. Last weekend in the Super Regionals, they put up 18 runs in two games,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT