ADVERTISEMENT

New hoopgurlz rankings for ‘22-24 are out and the big winner is.......

winloseortie

Feb 21, 2007
columbia
Our gamecocks. We have made the short list for at least 4 in the top 13 for ‘22
#1 Lauren Betts 6’7”
#7 Maya Nnaji 6’4’
#8 Talaysia Cooper 6’0” she moved up 17 spots east Clarendon
#13 Ashlyn Watkins 6’4” Cardinal Newman. Ashlyn dunks and though listed at 6’4” 6’1 seems more accurate. She will need to develop a perimeter game

In the 23 class we are in on 3 of the top 5
#2 Aalyah Del Rosario 6’5”
#3 Malaysia Fulwiley Keenan she moved up 11 spots
#5 Kamorea Arnold she move up 10 spots

The 24 class just debuted and Joyce Edwards from Camden opened at #12. She is a 6’2” forward who started as a seventh grader and averaged a double/double

Last season there was a coach and/or player at every game for the four local girls that did not conflict with our games. Cooper 6’0” and Fulwiley 5’6” project as PGs but both are prolific scorers and can play 2G. Their rise in rankings was overdue.

#1 Lauren Betts 6’7”
#7 Maya Nnaji 6’4’
#13 Ashlyn Watkins 6’4” Cardinal Newman. Ashlyn dunks and though listed at 6’4” 6’1 seems more accurate. She will need to develop a perimeter game

The 24 class just debuted and Joyce Edwards from Camden opened at #12. She is a 6’2” forward who started as a seventh grader and averaged a double/double

Last season there was a coach and/or player at every game for the four local girls that did not conflict with our games. Cooper 6’0” and Fulwiley 5’6” project as PGs but both are prolific scorers and can play 2G. Their rise in rankings was overdue.

I didn’t know that Ashlyn had released a “shortlist” Got a link?

of course, we al assume that we are a leader because she is a hometown gal that Dawn has been working since the 8th grade,

at post, we are on the 2022 shortlist for Betts and Maya Nnaji -who are both top 10’s. Nnaji might be better at forward and don’t leave out 6-2 Ayanna Patterson who can dunk.

dawn chasing bigs in 2022

Reactions: hplatts
I didn’t know that Ashlyn had released a “shortlist” Got a link?

of course, we al assume that we are a leader because she is a hometown gal that Dawn has been working since the 8th grade,

at post, we are on the 2022 shortlist for Betts and Maya Nnaji -who are both top 10’s. Nnaji might be better at forward and don’t leave out 6-2 Ayanna Patterson who can dunk.

dawn chasing bigs in 2022
Didn’t know we were in on Patterson. Thanks

Didn’t know we were in on Patterson. Thanks

She has announced about50 offers, including us, and has not narrowed down to a list of favorites. Were are identified as one of the front-runners by some "gurus." But no info on leaders directly from her.

We are also working another 2022 Top 20 post player in 6-5 Kyla Oldacre. She had a great visit back in January/February. She has not announced any offers by any school; so, we don't really know much except that she had a great visit with Dawn and June, Ohotos with them and her wearing a Gamecock uni.

Nobody knows anything about top 5 Janiah Barker out of Florida. Everybody may be working her but she ain't sayin' nuttin'.

Dawn really picked up steam when Geno made what I think was a huge mistake on his part and that was handing over the USA Olympic Head Coach spot. Only 1 person in all of women's basketball can walk into a recruits home with that claim of your daughter being coached by the head coach of the USA womens team

Dawn really picked up steam when Geno made what I think was a huge mistake on his part and that was handing over the USA Olympic Head Coach spot. Only 1 person in all of women's basketball can walk into a recruits home with that claim of your daughter being coached by the head coach of the USA womens team

Yep. I've been saying that having the TEAM USA coach was going to be huge for recruiting.

For those who don’t keep up with Dawn’s recruiting

we have 4 commits in the 2021 class. They are ranked 2-3-4-14

Wow. I only remember one of those girls in the top 5 last year. i thought Raven Johnson was even out of the top 10. You know we're big time when the recruiting services upgrade our recruits after they commit.

#1 Lauren Betts 6’7”
#7 Maya Nnaji 6’4’

Wow! Wow! WOW! Dawn what can I say..... you are the BEST!

Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
I want Betts, Nnaji and Watkins...Betts in the middle and Nnaji and Watkins at the 2 forward positions...would that not be a tall line up? I know the 2023 Post from Jersey is considering us. But true Posts are in high demand. We seems to get them now, where before we could not sniff a Post with All American credentials prior to Kelsey Bone era....

Was wondering when Talaysia Cooper would get a bump. She should be an immediate impact recruit.

What do you mean?she is in the top 10 now or maybe I'm reading what your saying wrong it's late and I'm tired. Gn

this is a re/ranking that was done in September. She made a huge jump. Indeed, only 2 of the ranking services out of 4 have her ranked in the Top 45.

this new ranking by Hoopgurlz/ESPN was done by all new evaluators that replaced a long time, respected evaluator.

Hoopgurlz/ESPN Will declare our 2021 class number 1. However, many, if not all 4 of the other recruiting services will declare UConn number 1 if they land unanimous # 1 player, Azi Fudd. Of course, ESPN/Hoopgurlz has the loudest voice.

UConn is neck-and-neck with us for 2021 and had the clear number one class in 2020. Geno ain’t fading. dawn has arrived but Geno has not exited the big stage.

I hope we keep our annual game in the future. We are gonna play this shortened year so that encourages me that both schools care about this series. Of course, ESPN money is a big encouragement to both schools and conferences

#1 Lauren Betts 6’7”
#7 Maya Nnaji 6’4’

Malaysia Fulwiley is a Super Freak and another Azzi Fudd. Super talented and should be #1 in her class in my opinion.

#1 Lauren Betts 6’7”
#7 Maya Nnaji 6’4’

Oops. Thought you meant FOOTBALL.😀😂😤

Below is an All Too Early list of the prospects for 2022 that are most highly rated by the recruiting services. I started with the Top 44 of all rankings and calculated the average ranking of each recruit based upon four services that presently have rankings.

For those prospects that have been ranked by at least three of the services, I have calculated their average rankings (Prospect Nation has not yet ranked the prospects but lists them with star ratings. I have shown those ratings but not included them in calculations ). Below that, I have listed players who have Top 44 rankings by at least 2 of the 4 services. I did not calculate their average rank.

Why 44? Because that's all Blue Star has ranked

PLAYER ……………………………………. BLUE...HOOP….PREP…ASGR...Av Rank\AVG.PROS...COMMiT
........................................................STAR…….GURLZ,,GIRLS…………….RANK……..NATION…SCHOOL

1. LAUREN BETTS, 6-7 Post, CO….1……………1………..1…………1………….1…………….4.5.....
Nine Finalists: Arizona State, Baylor, UConn, Louisville, Notre Dame, Oregon, SCar, Stanford, UCLA

2. JANIAH BARKER, 6-2 F, FL………2………….. 2………..3…………..4……2.75……….4.5
crickets

3. ISUNEH BRADY, 6-3 Post, CA…5…………..2………..5…...…2…………..3.5…………4.5....UCONN

4. TIMEA GARDINER, 6-2 F, T…….3…………..4………...8………….3…………..4.5…

5. KIKI RICE, 5-11 PG, MD/DC……7……………6…………4………….5…………..5.25……….4.5
Top 11: Stanford, Maryland, UNC, Duke, UCONN, Arizona, Louisville, BC, Yale, Michigan

6. AYANNA PATTERSON, 6-2 W, IN 6,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3…………5………….8…………..5.5………..4.5
Purported Offers include Maryland, UCLA, Louisville, Notre Dame, Scar, UConn and many others

7. MAYA NNAJI, 6-4 F, MN…………14…………7………….7………….7……………8.75………….4.5
13 Finalists: SCar, Baylor, Stanford, Oregon, Louisville, Arizona, UCLA, Michigan, Illinois, Georgia,Florida, Vandy, Virginia whew

8. AALIYA GAYLES, 5-9 PG, NV……11………..9………..10…………6……………9.0………4.5
Top Nine: Georgia, UCLA, So.Cal, LSU, Louisville, TexTech, Cal, Duke, Arizona

9. LONDYYN JONES, 5-5 PG, CA….8………….15………….9………..10…………..10.5……….4.5
Stanford, UCLA, Arizona, Duke, Michigan

10. KK BRANSFORD, 5-10 G, OH… 4…………..27…………6………….9……………11.5…………..4.5
Top 12: Arizona, Baylor, UConn, Duke, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, UNC, Notre Dame, Tenn. Texas, UCLA

11 ASHLYN WATKINS, 6-3 Post, SC.9…………13………..11………..23…………14.00…...4.5
SCar, Baylor, MsSt, UNC, KY, Florida, FSU,Clemmpson, UGA and others

12. ASHLON JACKSON, 5-10 G, TX…/……………22………..22…………11………..18.33……4.5
Baylor, TX, Stanford

12. BRIANNA McDANIEL, 5-10 G, IN 12…………. 30………….13…………31……….18.33……….
Purported offers: Basically entire Big Ten, Texas, Maryland, Louisville, TxA&M, UGA, Kentucky & More

14. GRACE V. SLOOTEN, 6-3 F, OH…23………….16………..23………...14……….19.00…………..
Purported Offers: Oregon, UCLA, Stanford, Duke, Maryland, MsSt, Kentucky, AZ, AzSt & others

14. ZYANNA WALKER, 5-8 PG, KS…./…………..20………..15…………22………..19.00………….
AzSt, SoCal, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa St, Louisville, KY, Tenn, UNC, UGA, Florida, Mizz St others

16. SYDNEY BOWLES, 6-1 W, GA 19………….25………..17………..18…………19.75………..4.5

17. ALEXIA MOBLEY, 6-2 W, OH 21………….29………..12………..28………..22.5………..4.5 LOUISVILLE commit

18. LAZARIA SPEARMAN, 6-3 F, GA .24…………..23………..25………..19………..22.75………..
"Finalists": SCar, Louisville, Miami

19. RUBY WHITEHORN, 6-0 G, MI…35…………..21………..20………..20………..24.00……4.5
Purported Offers: UNC, Rutgers, PSU, Indiana, Iowa, Ill., Ms.St, Florida, Vandy, Kentucky & others

20. COTIE McMAHON, 5-11 W, OH9……………42………..28………..21………..25.00…………..
tOSU, Iowa, Northwestern, Louisville, Tenn, Arizona, Indiana, KY, UNC, Miami, WVU, others

21. SHAY BOLIN, 6-3 F, MA……… 34…………..19………..26………..24………..25.75……..4.5
SCar, Arizona, Duke, Tennessee, Princeton, Ohio St, Michigan, Louisville, Northwestern, Rutgers more

21. SA’MYAH SMITH, 6-2 F, TX……18………….44………..14…………27………25.75…………..
Purported Offers, Baylor, Tex, Entire Big 12, AZ, Kentucky, Ark,, Colarado, Florida, VaTech

23. MILA REYNOLDS, 6-2 SF, IN .15………….32………..32…………/…………..26.34………..MARYLAND

24. REAGAN BEERS, 6-3 PF, CO……/…………10………..35……….35………….26.67…….OREGON ST

25. PARIS CLARK, 5-10 PG, NYC…16………….34………..31………./…………….27.00…….4.5

26. D. LITTLEPAGE-BUGGS, 6-1 SF, OK28….35………..24…………/………….29.00……..
Louisville, MsSt, AzSt, UNC, Tenn

27. YSABELLA FOUNTLEROY, 6-1 F, MO40….12…….27………39………….29.5……..4.5
Stanford, Ohio St, FSU

29. MYA PETTICORD, 5-9 PG, mi…/……………21………..33……….37………….30.33……..4.5
Purported Offers: Iowa, tOSU, Mich, PSt, UVA, VaTc, GaTc, UNC, MsSt, Kentucky others

30 KYLA OLDACRE, 6-5 P. OH ......38.................17...........42............/........32.34………
SCar - Maybe, Louisville, UNC, KY, FSU

31. AUMARI WILLIAMS, 6-3 Post, AR….31………/…………37………42………….36.67..........
Top Ten: Ark, UK, GTech, MsSt, OkieSt, WVU, Vandy, Bama, Notre Dame, Wake

32. CHANCE GRAY, 5-9 PG, OH…….42…………..14………..40………..32………..38.75…………4.5
Finalists: Arizona, Oregon, UCLA, Maryland, OhioSt, Michigan, MichiganSt, MissSt, UNC,

Prospects Received Two Rankings
Kennedy Basham: UCLA, Az., Oregon, Utah, Wash, Louisville, UNC, Florida

Amini Muhammed: Arizona, MsSt, Ky, Tenn, Tx

JENNAH ISAI: Stan, UCLA, AZ, Cal, Oregon, Colo, MsSt, , Fl, LSU, Mich

TALYSIA COOPER: SCar , MsSt, KY, UGA. FSU, UNC, Clempsun, VaTech

Saniah Tyler: KY, Mich, Iowa, UGA, Ill, Indiana, Louisville, DePaul

PARIS MILLER: Ohio St

SANIYA GLENN

AALIYA Smith, 5-5 PG, WI

Last edited:
Thanks for the impressive list. Seven players with interest/offers from us. Betts is the lynchpin for this class. Not just because she is #1 but because we need a post player in this class. 2018-19 was the only year in the last decade that we played without a true post and we got killed by teams who had a post. It was also our worst record in that time frame.
Watkins and Nnaji can play down low but they are in reality PFs.
Cooper is criminally low in the composite. My only explanation is small school, small state. She is 6’1” and can play three position. Fills it up with 3’s, midrange, and taking it to the basket. She is long and a tenacious defender. She compares very well to Saniya Rivers who is #2 in the 21 class and committed to us but Cooper adds a PG mentality. Rivers is a scorer first and foremost.

Thanks for the impressive list. Seven players with interest/offers from us. Betts is the lynchpin for this class. Not just because she is #1 but because we need a post player in this class. 2018-19 was the only year in the last decade that we played without a true post and we got killed by teams who had a post. It was also our worst record in that time frame.
Watkins and Nnaji can play down low but they are in reality PFs.
Cooper is criminally low in the composite. My only explanation is small school, small state. She is 6’1” and can play three position. Fills it up with 3’s, midrange, and taking it to the basket. She is long and a tenacious defender. She compares very well to Saniya Rivers who is #2 in the 21 class and committed to us but Cooper adds a PG mentality. Rivers is a scorer first and foremost.
she moved up in the ESPN gurlz hoops poll..,,,seems like i've read in another post, Dawn will take 4 next year...so I'm hoping for Betts (Center) and Watkins and Nnaji (Forwards) and Cooper (Guard)..this is my dream list..

I watched video of Malaysia Fulwiley of Keenan for next year...She looked as good as or better than Azzi's videos. I hope we get her next year and the Center from NJ...That would set us up for many years to come....

Last edited:
she moved up in the ESPN gurlz hoops poll..,,,seems like i've read in another post, Dawn will take 4 this year...so I'm hoping for Betts (Center) and Watkins and Nnaji (Forwards) and Cooper (Guard)..this is my dream list..

I watched video of Malaysia Fulwiley of Keenan for next year...She looked go me as good as or better than Azzi's videos. I hope we get her next year and the Center from NJ...That would set us up for many years to come....
Fulwiley’s game is for real, there are questions about her maturity. We are also recruiting very aggressively Kamorea Arnold goes by KK. She is ranked only one spot lower and has a very similar game

Cooper blew it away at the Coach Wooten. 150 camp this past weekend so you may see a smillar rise in the other polls. 2021 Feagin blew it away too

nobody knows who has offered Janiah Baker from South Florida. Probably everybody including us and UConn. She isn’t revealing ANYTHING regarding her recruitment

Cooper, Watkins & Fuwiley... ...come on down

I just checked Betts on utube. She looks good, not a big body like Boston but nice height.

Last edited:
Cooper, Watkins & Fuwiley... ...come on down

I just checked Betts on utube. She looks good, not a big body like Boston but nice height.

2022 Dream Class: Cooper, Watkins, Nnaji, Barker or Patterson. ( Really like Barker)

2023: Fulwilley

2022 Dream Class: Cooper, Watkins, Nnaji, Barker or Patterson. ( Really like Barker)

2023: Fulwilley
Betts is a must have, We need a post so that we are in the position of 2023 without a true post player or a Fr. Post player. Watkins will not be able to play post in college

We do need Post players who can play and who are atleast 6'5"....Betts fits that mold...Watkins and Nnaji would make great power forwards...I hope Dawn lands all 3...along with Cooper at 2nd guard....
With Feagin already at the 4 it is very improbable that we get both Watkins and Nnaji. I would prefer Watkins because at least on tape she appears to be the better athlete

With Feagin already at the 4 it is very improbable that we get both Watkins and Nnaji. I would prefer Watkins because at least on tape she appears to be the better athlete

watkins might be the better jumper but Nnaji has the most developed offense in the paint. Watch some video. Her footwork in offense is excellent.

mom not sold on Betts as number one. She is an outstanding shot blocker and 6’7” is unteachable. However, Watkins can outjump her. Ayanna Peterson can too.

oldacre is big and strong. She has that immovable body like Boston and A’ja. Her offense needs work but lil’ bitty Dawn has shown she can coach the bigs.

Janiah Barker is still silent. Magic Johnson type player can play any position on the court

watkins might be the better jumper but Nnaji has the most developed offense in the paint. Watch some video. Her footwork in offense is excellent.

mom not sold on Betts as number one. She is an outstanding shot blocker and 6’7” is unteachable. However, Watkins can outjump her. Ayanna Peterson can too.

oldacre is big and strong. She has that immovable body like Boston and A’ja. Her offense needs work but lil’ bitty Dawn has shown she can coach the bigs.

Janiah Barker is still silent. Magic Johnson type player can play any position on the court
Nnaji might have a better O game now but Watkins is a better athlete maybe the best athlete in the class and can out jump anybody in the class. She is also close to Cooper, Fulwiley and Edwards.
I get you may not be totally sold on Betts but she is the best true post in the class. Sign her and their is no gap year like two years ago.

This year’s time is a final four team and by the way have YOU SEEN AMIHERE??!!!!
The athleticism of 2021 will be stunning; 12 deep with interchangeable parts everywhere. Great offense and even better defense. It will overwhelm everyone in the SEC. maybe UK will give us a gave. We will play UCONN in a monster title game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT