ADVERTISEMENT

New message from Ray!

No mention of the Clemson game other than "we started a bunch of young guys", even though they aren't young guys anymore at the last game of the season.

According to the video I've seen at football games building a championship facility.....takes time.

We lost because they were better ? How's that ?
Fair enough. So then he should tell us why we need to donate money for the football operations center and mention it will help us beat Clemson. How's it going to be better than theirs? That might not matter to the administration, even most of the fan base, but it still matters a lot to many of us. It's priority number 1.

What did i say before? An acknowledgment of getting our ass handed to us by klempson and that we are fixing the problems would go a long way. Instead we get this drivel. We got destroyed by Klempson again now send us $$$$.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
No mention of the Clemson game other than "we started a bunch of young guys", even though they aren't young guys anymore at the last game of the season.
Youth is a good excuse true first 2 or 3 years of your program. It got old for Butch when he was using that one at year 5

You guys are insane. If we get 9 wins this season will be an enormous success.

The 9 wins will look good on paper but we all know that 7 of the wins are absolutely nothing to brag about as the teams were just bad and some were in chaos and about to fire HC's. The one quality win (NCSU) was achieved with only 240 yards offense to State's 500+. That win definitely falls into the luck/fluke category.

Insane? Let's not kid ourselves - those 8 regular season wins are the fortunate result of a very weak schedule. Yes, the defense progressed this season but the offense is simply putrid, again, and it's inexcusable.

Reactions: gamecock ed
The 9 wins will look good on paper but we all know that 7 of the wins are absolutely nothing to brag about as the teams were just bad and some were in chaos and about to fire HC's. The one quality win (NCSU) was achieved with only 240 yards offense to State's 500+. That win definitely falls into the luck/fluke category.

Insane? Let's not kid ourselves - those 8 regular season wins are the fortunate result of a very weak schedule. Yes, the defense progressed this season but the offense is simply putrid, again, and it's inexcusable.
3 wins to 6 wins to maybe 9 wins in 3 years. But of course we get "yeah but" posts.

Ray understands how important it is to Carolina fans to beat clemson. He witnessed it firsthand as a coach for over a decade. He also understands that in order to reach the competitive level we need to get to, that he has to generate revenue for facilities, coaches, etc. Otherwise we may as well drop down to 1AA, whatever it’s called now.
The letter highlights what he believes are indicators of present and future success, which is what you focus on if you hope to generate more revenue. Why would anyone in his position make mention of the negatives?
Maybe he should have said we are first place losers in the east, losers in our state, we suck.
Now please donate money, buy bowl tickets, watch mich kick our ass, and let’s all be miserable

I too look at this season as a bunch of hollow wins sans the NC State game(And they won everything but the scoreboard). But it is a good start to building the program back up because in years past, we would have lost 3 or 4 of those games. Just saying.

Reactions: atl-cock
Fair enough. So then he should tell us why we need to donate money for the football operations center and mention it will help us beat Clemson. How's it going to be better than theirs? That might not matter to the administration, even most of the fan base, but it still matters a lot to many of us. It's priority number 1.
It would be truly pathetic for an AD to send out an email saying our ______ is going to be better than Clemson's ______, and I would really hate to see some kind of empty rhetoric like "never again."

Reactions: DC-99 and jeff2001
It was not that we lost to Clemson....it was the lack of effort by some...the failure to show up for that game that ruined what I had started to feel about the team and program. I would have felt much better if the coach or Ray Tanner would have said after the game that they were just as pissed as I was about it. Since they did not I assume they are not as pissed...so therefor why should I care as much...why should any of us.

I get the need to try to put on a good face and try to build the perception this was a great season.....but when you get humiliated by your rival and many that play for your team do not seem to care that it happened.....then that puts a big damper on my feelings about what is going on.

I would like to see that they know how bad they sucked and that they are determined that it will not happen again. IMO they missed an opportunity after this game to rattle some cages and make it clear what is expected from every body in this program..instead they wanted to hold on to the "good vibe" and try to downplay the embarrassing showing..therefor condoning to some degree...that pathetic effort.

If there was ever a time that Boom should have shown up...it was then. What do you do when you are a die hard fan of a team that had several players not seem to be that into the biggest game? A coach and AD that does not seem very upset that failure happened?

I can answer...you figure you can find other concerns to spend your time from now on because obviously your hope is not going to be fulfilled with this endeavor. That is what happens.

Reactions: robertfootball
It would be different if Clemsin was going to the Belk Bowl. I want a tighter game too but they are number ....1!
And number 1 for a reason.

It would be truly pathetic for an AD to send out an email saying our ______ is going to be better than Clemson's ______, and I would really hate to see some kind of empty rhetoric like "never again."
Too late cause we already used the "never again" slogan. We just need to add another "again" to it now.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Sorry dude, but clemson is damn good. We are not there yet.

Two straight years of not crossing midfield against Clem until the 4th quarter after Clem had scrubs playing. Offense has no excuse for being as bad as it is for 2 straight years. I suppose every other team Clem played (all those private ACC schools and The Citadel) had more talent on offense than Roper did, so yeah, I guess you're saying "not there yet" means, not at ACC private school / The Citadel "there".

Some of yall have to be non-SC fans posting these excuses, it's the only thing I can come up with for anyone excusing this offense. At this rate, and if Roper stays, we may cross mid-field as early as the 3rd quarter against Clem next year these same people will call that "progress".

It was not that we lost to Clemson....it was the lack of effort by some...the failure to show up for that game that ruined what I had started to feel about the team and program. I would have felt much better if the coach or Ray Tanner would have said after the game that they were just as pissed as I was about it. Since they did not I assume they are not as pissed...so therefor why should I care as much...why should any of us.

I get the need to try to put on a good face and try to build the perception this was a great season.....but when you get humiliated by your rival and many that play for your team do not seem to care that it happened.....then that puts a big damper on my feelings about what is going on.

I would like to see that they know how bad they sucked and that they are determined that it will not happen again. IMO they missed an opportunity after this game to rattle some cages and make it clear what is expected from every body in this program..instead they wanted to hold on to the "good vibe" and try to downplay the embarrassing showing..therefor condoning to some degree...that pathetic effort.

If there was ever a time that Boom should have shown up...it was then. What do you do when you are a die hard fan of a team that had several players not seem to be that into the biggest game? A coach and AD that does not seem very upset that failure happened?

I can answer...you figure you can find other concerns to spend your time from now on because obviously your hope is not going to be fulfilled with this endeavor. That is what happens.

This....i said before if a company is tanking or stock price is plummeting then that is when communication is most important. It would go a long way for them to recognize the crap job that has been done and that every damn stone is going to be turned over until the job is done. This is just a standard form letter. Not good enough after inheriting a top 10 program that bottomed out and then leaving a top 5 baseball program that now is just average.

Two straight years of not crossing midfield against Clem until the 4th quarter after Clem had scrubs playing. Offense has no excuse for being as bad as it is for 2 straight years. I suppose every other team Clem played (all those private ACC schools and The Citadel) had more talent on offense than Roper did, so yeah, I guess you're saying "not there yet" means, not at ACC private school / The Citadel "there".

Some of yall have to be non-SC fans posting these excuses, it's the only thing I can come up with for anyone excusing this offense. At this rate, and if Roper stays, we may cross mid-field as early as the 3rd quarter against Clem next year these same people will call that "progress".
The Clemson game doesn't matter to some anymore, it's the changing of the times.

The Clemson game doesn't matter to some anymore, it's the changing of the times.
I think it matters to everybody. It's just that it doesn't make most people suicidal. Seriously, perusing this board would make you think our fanbase is the most mentally unstable bunch of people ever, but I know that is not true of the fan base as a whole. Message boards tend to attract a certain subset of people.

Reactions: DC-99 and jeff2001

Ray Tanner just now said "im deeply and truly sorry clemson beat the sh____ out of us again and I'm going to cut my wrists.

Sincerely Ray Tanner
Go Cocks.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT