ADVERTISEMENT

New record number of Covid cases today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you "weren't seeing" it. Now its "rare".

Take a seat, hoss.
You and roller man must be joined at the hip. One follows up the other. Yes it is rare that a healthy person dies from the virus. Let's see your stats that you think all these healthy people are doomed and not your stats, actual ones.

You and roller man must be joined at the hip. One follows up the other. Yes it is rare that a healthy person dies from the virus. Let's see your stats that you think all these healthy people are doomed and not your stats, actual ones.
I know the man that was in the State that passed. Christian, family man. The kind of people that we need on this earth. You are a true pos to politicize this virus. The man that passed voted for trump, he just wanted to live life and enjoy his grandkids. Meanwhile, pos like you sit around making up lies and pushing propaganda. You are the problem.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Wait, are we using anecdotal evidence to suggest young people are as at risk as older people?

Maybe I misread some post, but we seem to be getting up in arms about something that is backed up by data. This is a week or so old, but pretty sound at the time.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23/coronavirus-covid-deaths-us-age-race-14863

Edit: this is just a breakdown by age. Underlying conditions would skew the percents even more away from "young healthy" population.

Wow someone on the left saying we are making up lies and pushing propaganda? That is all the MSM media do. I`ve watched NBC for years. Tried to watch Meet the Press this am but had to switch to Fox. Couldn`t take the liberal slant anymore, especially they brought the lying Susan Rice on. Remember, she insisted Benghazi happened because of a video? Sorry - you can talk about Covid all you want - I`m not going to live in fear. I`m only going to wear a mask if stores require it but first I will try to go to a store that doesn`t. Just about everything that is said about Covid can be said about the flu except there`s no vaccine yet, and most people that get it have none, to little, sx. Sure people get really sick, people die. The hypocrisy on the left is remarkable. No protesters/rioters apparently spread the virus but every other gathering did. Yeah, right. Biden is one of the politicians responsible for many flawed policies that have led to a decline in public education, problems in law enforcement, etc. They want to hide him as much as possible until the election because they know he is feeble-minded and would be an unmitigated disaster. Stock market will tank, inflation will come back, interest rates will skyrocket, health care premiums will go up, etc. if he wins. I`d rather see Kanye than the career D.C. swamp creature Biden take over. They never gave Trump a chance since Day 1.

Patients with underlying conditions were 12 times as likely to die of covid-19 as otherwise healthy people, CDC finds

There weren't "millions" in the streets in Greenville, Columbia or Charleston. And looking at the pictures the majority had a mask on. I'd speculate the millions in SC Walmart's every day with no mask are contributing to the spike. Along with northerners coming to our state, refusing to wear masks. Locals refusing to wear masks, not practicing social distancing.
Having a mask on shoulder to shoulder and pulling them down to yell at people don't help one bit. Everyone didn't have masks on and the ones that did were pulling them up and down... No, the protest is a major factor of why we have spikes. You are a smart dude and I respect your opinions on things but to give them a pass by saying they were wearing masks while shoulder to shoulder yelling and screaming is not one of your smarter posts.

Covid testing declined in Wisconsin by 14% over the past couple of weeks. But covid cases spiked up 28% during that time. So, Trump is WRONG to say more testing is resulting in more covid cases. The fact is that it looks like covid is surging. We now have 132,331 American covid deaths. Things are looking bleak.

Italy, with its INCOMPETENT leaders, got covid under control, re-opened their economy without a resurgence. But, the United States???????????? Unbelievable.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
The spikes are mirroring the protests? Every city the had protests are now enduring spikes? How about DC....they got spikes? Seattle?
You do know those protesters were from all over the US don't you.. They left and went home wherever that may be.

You do know those protesters were from all over the US don't you.. They left and went home wherever that may be.
I believe that the protests certainly had something to do with the "spike" but I don't believe its the only factor. If so, I would have expected things to flare up mightily in NYC. But things continue to improve. Perhaps we should figure out why that is.

I believe that the protests certainly had something to do with the "spike" but I don't believe its the only factor. If so, I would have expected things to flare up mightily in NYC. But things continue to improve. Perhaps we should figure out why that is.
Herd immunity.

I certainly hope you are right about the Hyd, that would help. As for spikes, the ten day US avg of cases fell to a low of 22000 on May 31, then dipped even further to 21700 on June 10th. On June 20th, 14 days ago, it went to 26277. I would agree that's a spike and it's starting to get into the time frame of cases/deaths. But on 6/30, it spiked to 39439. Right now, the July 10th period is averaging 51941 a day. As someone said, I'm just guessing. But I don't like those numbers. And if there is not an increase, good, but that suggests we have a real problem here in SC because deaths are way up.

This continuing spike is all about the continuing protests. I saw on some media website that everyone was trying to blame Memorial Day - now they are trying to blame Independence Day and then the other blame game is due to businesses opening back up, but what they do not tell you is through Memorial Day, a lot of states had been open for 30 days with no spike (and COVID supposedly has an incubation period of 14 days). A lot of the protesters are probably young and more than likely were asymptomatic - it is all about when they started interfacing back with the friends and family that the virus ramped up again.

This continuing spike is all about the continuing protests. I saw on some media website that everyone was trying to blame Memorial Day - now they are trying to blame Independence Day and then the other blame game is due to businesses opening back up, but what they do not tell you is through Memorial Day, a lot of states had been open for 30 days with no spike (and COVID supposedly has an incubation period of 14 days). A lot of the protesters are probably young and more than likely were asymptomatic - it is all about when they started interfacing back with the friends and family that the virus ramped up again.

Nonsense.

Many of the current hotspots were not hotspots for protests.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Rollerude, you are spot on sir. Besides, a very large percentage of protesters wore masks. Not that THAT is completely preventative. But, still.
Those protestors were 6 feet apart, right? Were they spitting and shoving the police? Just a innocent thousands out for a Sunday stroll?

Wait, are we using anecdotal evidence to suggest young people are as at risk as older people?.
Clearly older people are higher risk, but only because they have a higher proportion of physical risk factors.

Younger people at risk are still at risk and if the numbers continue, we'll see more at-risk younger people get really sick.

Those protestors were 6 feet apart, right? Were they spitting and shoving the police? Just a innocent thousands out for a Sunday stroll?
And the CV numbers in DC are in a decline, where they had lots of protests.
There is no evidence of a spike due to protests.
There is clear evidence of infections from parties and crowded bars.

Clearly older people are higher risk, but only because they have a higher proportion of physical risk factors.

Younger people at risk are still at risk and if the numbers continue, we'll see more at-risk younger people get really sick.

So, younger people without underlying complications are much less likely to get it. I agree, and the statistics agree.

It's amazing to me how people will become angry at politicizing the virus, then argue tooth and nail that protests had nothing to do with spikes.

Is it so hard to admit that the same behavior of people at beaches and at protests caused the same thing?

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I know you keep making sh_t up. Do some research.
What the hell is made up about that statement? So you think all of these protesters live in these city's.. OK... What kind of research are you talking about. That's common sense

Reminiscent of a trump rally.
Trump rallies support police and don't spit and shove and curse people out like the so called protestors. They are orderly and actually clean their messes up and don't rely on our tax dollars to do the clean up.

Show me where I said anything about "social distancing". You won't because you can't. You can't because I did not.

It's amazing to me how people will become angry at politicizing the virus, then argue tooth and nail that protests had nothing to do with spikes.

Is it so hard to admit that the same behavior of people at beaches and at protests caused the same thing?
A large gathering of humans together in close space no matter what their political belief is risky. Clemson's protest preceded Pickens County growth and football numbers very precisely. No mention anywhere.

There were demonstrations all over Europe regarding the George Floyd death. Yet, Europe as a whole, not only flattened the curve but, is moving it downwards. It is just the opposite in the United States. Covid cases are surging in the U.S. to where some businesses are being re-closed. I would not be surprised if a new order to re-close came from Columbia in light of the fact that McMaster is threatening football games.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Trump rallies support police and don't spit and shove and curse people out like the so called protestors. They are orderly and actually clean their messes up and don't rely on our tax dollars to do the clean up.
Numbers were hilariously down at the last one. But they yell trump chants, don't wear masks and are packed in like sardines. Curse words are used by trump and his minions, but curse words don't cause covid.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
There were a lot more in demonstrations than on the Florida, Georgia and South Carolina beaches after the Governors of those states let their guards down.

I didn't see a large difference in mask wearing or social distancing in either.

I think it would be more honest to admit large gatherings in close spaces were bad, regardless of the political persuasion of the group.

I didn't see a large difference in mask wearing or social distancing in either.

I think it would be more honest to admit large gatherings in close spaces were bad, regardless of the political persuasion of the group.
And nowhere did I say that large gatherings in close spaces is recommended. Having said that, as was mentioned above, Europe also had lots of demonstrations over the Floyd situation. Yet covid cases there are trending down, whereas they are surging here in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT