ADVERTISEMENT

New SEC Short. ouch

Our game with LSU finished pretty late on Saturday. Did they actually put that video together yesterday? Or did they anticipate us getting chewed up by LSU's freshman QB and make the video before the game?

Whoever wrote that script is genius. The entire Gamecock football fan existence is summed up in these two sentences: "Where brief moments of triumph are scattered across decades of agony and frustration. Where an endless circle of mediocrity is broken up by just enough success and progress where you constantly think that next year is THE year where it all comes together."

Our program really has found exactly the perfect balance. Just enough success mingled with our failure to keep the fans interested. Any more success and the fans would demand/expect more. Any less success and fans would totally lose interest.

Again, I say they had to have that ready before the LSU game. No way they got the script written and got all that filmed and put out after the game was over late on Saturday. They predicted our loss and that LSU's freshman QB would have a field day against us.

Again, I say they had to have that ready before the LSU game. No way they got the script written and got all that filmed and put out after the game was over late on Saturday. They predicted our loss and that LSU's freshman QB would have a field day against us.
Pretty sure they could have several different frame works for skits already drawn up with and just change teams/details pretty much on the fly as they go. It's a 2 minute script. Still well done.

It was brilliant no doubt! hahahaha Warning, Gamecock Optimism Incoming on 2 accounts:
1. It does speak to the loyalty of our fan base through some truly horrific seasons.
2. We never ever ever have to wear orange and purple. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

the only thing “off” on this is the dude’s optimism, I mean, I’m optimistic, but most of y’all just Debbie downers

Wow, this thing is making the rounds. Have already had it sent me twice today. Once was by my wife, who does not follow football AT ALL. She sent it to me in FB Messenger and said "haha."

This is pathetic. I get the humor, obviously. But I don't think it's funny so much as it just spot on accurate. Like, scary accurate. Sadly, I think Caslen is the only one who's enough of an outsider to be shocked by seeing that this how we are perceived.

It was brilliant no doubt! hahahaha Warning, Gamecock Optimism Incoming on 2 accounts:
1. It does speak to the loyalty of our fan base through some truly horrific seasons.
2. We never ever ever have to wear orange and purple. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
#3. Don’t have to worry about Halloween costume ever again.

In all seriousness, with this video, it does seem as though we’ve come full circle to the likable losers of 0-21. And honestly, those days weren’t all that bad. Happiness is a function of personal expectations, and when we went to the Outback Bowl under Lou Holtz shortly thereafter it was like having a intravenous drip of crystal meth all year long, to use a metaphor the accuracy of which I have no idea.

Wow, this thing is making the rounds. Have already had it sent me twice today. Once was by my wife, who does not follow football AT ALL. She sent it to me in FB Messenger and said "haha."

This is pathetic. I get the humor, obviously. But I don't think it's funny so much as it just spot on accurate. Like, scary accurate. Sadly, I think Caslen is the only one who's enough of an outsider to be shocked by seeing that this how we are perceived.

This Video may be the tipping point to move this program in a different direction. You know that the powers that be have already seen it.

They did an AMA on Reddit a few weeks back and said that they get started after all the SEC games are played and work through the night Saturday, all day Sunday, and into the night again Sunday. Highly likely they put it all together after the game.

Link to the AMA if anyone is interested

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT