ADVERTISEMENT

New to the board first post

4thandCock

Oct 7, 2015
So from what I have gathered we are playing at LSU because of the money, which I get college football is a business. With that being said we need to remember that when the off season comes around, I love what SOS has done for a our program he is the best thing that has happened to it. How much does he make 4 million a year? What are we currently getting on that investment? I understand that we aren't going to have double digit wins every year that's not what bothers me, it's the lack of effort off the field that bothers me. Honestly at his age I don't blame him for not wanting to go recruit but it is his job to make sure it is getting done, that what he is paid(very well) to do! Where is the return on the investment? It is obvious that our talent level has dropped dramatically . I think it's time for SOS to ride off into the sunset, I know I won't remember him for the last couple of years, I'll remember him for showing us where we can be. He is the one who told us not to accept mediocrity. Either way I'll be cheering my heart out every Saturday Go Cocks!

So from what I have gathered we are playing at LSU because of the money, which I get college football is a business. With that being said we need to remember that when the off season comes around, I love what SOS has done for a our program he is the best thing that has happened to it. How much does he make 4 million a year? What are we currently getting on that investment? I understand that we aren't going to have double digit wins every year that's not what bothers me, it's the lack of effort off the field that bothers me. Honestly at his age I don't blame him for not wanting to go recruit but it is his job to make sure it is getting done, that what he is paid(very well) to do! Where is the return on the investment? It is obvious that our talent level has dropped dramatically . I think it's time for SOS to ride off into the sunset, I know I won't remember him for the last couple of years, I'll remember him for showing us where we can be. He is the one who told us not to accept mediocrity. Either way I'll be cheering my heart out every Saturday Go Cocks!
Welcome.
There are numerous threads on this very subject. Perhaps you can post your feelings in one of the existing threads.
Same boring crap is boring. Although I agree, posting that HBC should go away or fire his staff ain't gonna make it so.
Again, welcome!!

I still think Spurrier is the answer . His downfall was not firing Ward and Adams and maybe a few more . And that statement he made about being here 3 more years just killed our recruiting. Spurrier has not forgotten how to coach.Good first post and Go COCKS!

Spurrier was the answer. We had it rolling.

Key word there was "had".

Then Spurrier got lazy.

His son got lazy.

We spent all of our credibility that 3 straight 11 win seasons brought us. We are now paying dearly for the complete laziness of this staff. They have laid down.

Our football program is now being held hostage by maybe the worst overall coaching staff in the country. Tanner cannot fire Spurrier and the HBC doesn't have it in him to clean house.

First post?

Sorry, I can't get past your first sentence.What a ridiculous statement!

We are plying at LSU because the infrastructure and support services in the Midlands are a wreck. Maybe you didn't hear that . . .

First post?

Sorry, I can't get past your first sentence.What a ridiculous statement!

We are plying at LSU because the infrastructure and support services in the Midlands are a wreck. Maybe you didn't hear that . . .
You are right I've been living under a rock the past week... I was talking about why we didn't play somewhere like Jacksonville that was offered, from what I understand it is a money thing. I think everyone else knew where I was coming from, but thanks for pointing out the obvious

"So from what I have gathered we are playing at LSU because of the money"

1. from what I have gathered, you have been under a rock.
2. tell me how it pays more to hit the road.

I still think Spurrier is the answer . His downfall was not firing Ward and Adams and maybe a few more . And that statement he made about being here 3 more years just killed our recruiting. Spurrier has not forgotten how to coach.Good first post and Go COCKS!
I agree he hasn't forgotten how to coach, but obviously that isn't all it takes anymore

"So from what I have gathered we are playing at LSU because of the money"

1. from what I have gathered, you have been under a rock.
2. tell me how it pays more to hit the road.
Apparently because they are going give is the ticket revenue, and somewhere like Jacksonville wouldn't. You can't tell me that if Jacksonville was offered and we decided to still to to Baton Rouge it isn't about the money. Tell me how I've been living under a rock please?

Apparently because they are going give is the ticket revenue, and somewhere like Jacksonville wouldn't. You can't tell me that if Jacksonville was offered and we decided to still to to Baton Rouge it isn't about the money. Tell me how I've been living under a rock please?

Read the story on the front page, please.

What do you expect him to say? "Yes we could have played at a neutral site, but we decided to play there because we will get more money." Of course I wasn't there so I don't know for sure but you can't convince me it's not about the $$, and as I stated above I understand it is a business... I'm not upset about it.. People just assumed I thought the game should be played in Columbia, which I didn't (I could have elaborated better). Sorry I didn't want to get everyone's panties in a wad over where we play this week, it wasn't the intent of my post.

Reactions: garnetwhite
I thought he did a good job of explaining why the neutral sites didn't work out. I'll take him at his word.

I'm lost with the placement of the comas, they are all over the place. With that said. GO COCKS! Welcome to the board.

I thought you meant instead of W-B.

Reactions: 4thandCock
It's being played away from home because of flooding issues.

It's being played at LSU because they offered, and it makes the most sense to play it there since they host college football games every single week and can offer the tickets to their own stadium.

Having a game at Jacksonville would have required significant effort on the part of their stadium's staff, and according to Ray Tanner, it didn't make the most sense.

If had been purely about money, I think he could have said that and no one would have minded. But apparently it wasn't true.

I choose to believe Coach Tanner over message board poster guesses.

What do you expect him to say? "Yes we could have played at a neutral site, but we decided to play there because we will get more money." .

We are playing at LSU because there was a massive flood. How could you not have heard about that?

Don't get discouraged. I liked your post and as I stated above "here is to wishing you many happy posts in the future.

Reactions: 4thandCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT