ADVERTISEMENT

New TV commercial promoting Gamecock football…

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
Caught a glimpse of it. Has DJ Swearinger and Conner Shaw‘s audio saying some things while showing little clips of WB loud and rocking. Hope to see it again. It looked good. Also reminds you of what things can be like when the Gamecocks are winning. Man I hope we can get there again soon.

this may not be the one you saw, but not bad until we hear oh my goodness ellis
Ya’ll need to give Todd Ellis a break- he is not the best in the world at calling games but he does fine, he has a distinct and recognizable voice, and he has basically given his whole adult life to this University and this team. From being a player on to becoming the voice of our FB team- there is no bigger fan of USC, I have heard him call some of the greatest moments in our history and he will forever be part of what I think about when I think of Gamecock football. I am glad he is here doing what he does and hope he sticks around a long time. The man is not perfect but none of us are and I have met him more than once- he was a class act every time and happy to meet a fellow fan.

Last edited:
this may not be the one you saw, but not bad until we hear oh my goodness ellis
Great video. The worst part definitely isn’t Todd Ellis…it’s the part where the dude reveals his leg tattoo. Of course I also think we are silly to make Sandstorm “a thing” so take my opinion for what it’s worth.

Ya’ll need to give Todd Ellis a break- he is not the best in the world at calling games but he does fine, he has a distinct and recognizable voice, and he has basically given his whole adult life to this University and this team. From being a player on to becoming the voice of our FB team- there is no bigger fan of USC, I have heard him call some of the greatest moments in our history and he will forever be part of what I think about when I think of Gamecock football. I am glad he is here doing what he does and hope he sticks around a long time. The man is not perfect but none of us are and I have met him more than once- he was a class act every time and happy to meet a fellow fan.
Agree. I grew up listening to Bob Fulton and no one can replace him. Todd does just fine. Leave the dude alone.

Since this is Father's Day, and the Lord's Day, and since I assume he is a father, and probably you are, in the spirit of the day, I will ease up on him until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Since this is Father's Day, and the Lord's Day, and since I assume he is a Father, and probably you are, in the spirit of the day, I will ease up on him until tomorrow.
Very generous of you King! I am a father and wish you and all the Dads on this forum a happy Fathers Day! Even if we all disagree sometimes! 😁

It is my first without my own Dad, so this has been kind of a tough week being constantly reminded of it TBH..

Very generous of you King! I am a father and wish you and all the Dads on this forum a happy Fathers Day! Even if we all disagree sometimes! 😁

It is my first without my own Dad, so this has been kind of a tough week being constantly reminded of it TBH..
God bless you, Brother. You'll always miss your Dad, but the rawness will diminish.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Since this is Father's Day, and the Lord's Day, and since I assume he is a father, and probably you are, in the spirit of the day, I will ease up on him until tomorrow.
May the Lord bless all Dads and all Gamecocks.

As this is a thread about USC Gamecock football...

Our play by play guy has had the mike for almost 20 seasons.

He would not be hired as a sideline reporter by any other school.

I am not kidding you.

Happy Father's Day.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: king ward

I am not kidding you.

Happy Father's Day.

Go Cocks!
False.

I am not kidding you.

Happy Father's Day.

Go Cocks!
Sometimes you have to hire “your guy” to do a job. Play by play is not a bad one to do that. Many schools do it for their HC too- how many times have we heard Michigan talk about getting a “Michigan man” to do their job? I am glad we finally got a SC guy for ours- hope it works out!

I can relate. It’s my fourth without my Daddy, and it’s still tough.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT