ADVERTISEMENT

New Vol AD Danny White takes steps to endear himself to the fan base

DibbleDee

Nov 16, 2020
He tells some of the fan base they are failing for not being enthusiastic about the Huepel hire.

Been part of the program for about a week and already calling out the fan base...that'll go over well.

I don't disagree with what he said, but it may not be smart to start dropping truth bombs on the fan base after being on the job for about a week.

Damn. Been there less than a week and already having “Champions of Life” moments.

Didn’t take long to realize he ain’t at UCF any more.

I know when I read the words "Tennessee AD Danny White" I am jealous as hell of Tennessee.

Reactions: howard13
He might have a bit of moxie but he might not have a job for long if he alienates the fan base. They call the shots over there.

And in his press conference to introduce his new coach today, White took an indirect slap at Tony Elliott from Clemson. The message out of Clemson today was that Elliott turned the job down. During his press conference, White went out of the way to say that they talked to a few coaches but a job offer was never extended to another coach.

Reactions: howard13
And in his press conference to introduce his new coach today, White took an indirect slap at Tony Elliott from Clemson. The message out of Clemson today was that Elliott turned the job down. During his press conference, White went out of the way to say that they talked to a few coaches but a job offer was never extended to another coach.

B/C no coach gets a “formal” offer with out saying first he plans to take it. I don’t know what happens, but given how things went for TN last time, they are going to claim nobody turned them down.

Reactions: rogue cock

It's really a no-win for UT. Either they have to admit that nobody else wanted the job so they were forced to settle for a guy who's head coaching record is trending sharply downward or they have to admit that of all the coaches in the country, the AD just gave the job to his buddy who has a record that is trending downward.

B/C no coach gets a “formal” offer with out saying first he plans to take it. I don’t know what happens, but given how things went for TN last time, they are going to claim nobody turned them down.
Yeah, the schools don't want to lose face. They word it so they aren't officially lying.

ADVERTISEMENT