Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Don't watch MLB

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Cocky 45

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2019
Columbia, SC
This should be interesting... your opinion on the winningest franchise in sports history?

Last edited:
If not, why? Red sox fan? do they spend too much money? Win Too much, etc.

Edit: Nevermind I figured out why:

a-rod-meme-generator-haters-gonna-hate-f4ad21.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormcobra
Don't really care. I like dynasties but not much if they have money to buy any player they want. Can't think of any pro teams I really hate.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Don't really care. I like dynasties but not much if they have money to buy any player they want. Can't think of any pro teams I really hate.
Teams that win more have more money, and spend more money. I don't think teams choosing to be cheap and not spend to make a profit is to be commended

Of course and I spent a lot of time in New York. I watched a Yankees Angels game in a bar in the Bronx with Yankee fans and they were great. I laughed all night with them. But the name is to much for me. I even had to learn to like our Gamecocks wearing pin stripes.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Teams that win more have more money, and spend more money. I don't think teams choosing to be cheap and not spend to make a profit is to be commended
That's true. What the Marlins and Pirates do is abhorrent. My feelings are not rational. I just don't like when teams win championships with a roster of guys they didn't draft or develop. I am a Cubs fan, and the teams have been much less interesting to me that are made up of a bunch of free agents.

This should be interesting... your opinion on the winningest franchise in sports history?
Mine is not listed. Love baseball and I am a big braves fan. But because of my love for baseball it is hard not to appreciate the history and legacy the Yankees bring to the table. On top of that I had an opportunity to see a game in the new yankee stadium a few years ago, monument park is something to behold if you are a baseball person.

Reactions: taiwancock

I hated the NE Patriots too, and the Green Bay Packers back in the Bart Starr days. Nothing about winning makes people (especially fans of other teams) hate a team less, in fact, it is usually the opposite. For decades people (except for their fans) hated the Yankees and Dodgers, no one hated the Cubs or Senators.

Reactions: heavycock
you do realize that the guy that pretty much invented carolina baseball was a career New York Yankee...

Yeah, maybe, but he ain't no yankee. He is from Sumter.

I'm with surfercock, yankees are bad. And I want to know why the heck it's OK to name a team after the yankees since that's clearly a perjorative.

Yeah, maybe, but he ain't no yankee. He is from Sumter.

I'm with surfercock, yankees are bad. And I want to know why the heck it's OK to name a team after the yankees since that's clearly a perjorative.
you think richardson doesn't like the team he played for over a decade because they were in new york? Honestly I think a lot of the anti-yankees hate is sour grapes from the whipping they gave "the team of the decade" in the 90's.

Reactions: mickmick7
I hated the NE Patriots too, and the Green Bay Packers back in the Bart Starr days. Nothing about winning makes people (especially fans of other teams) hate a team less, in fact, it is usually the opposite. For decades people (except for their fans) hated the Yankees and Dodgers, no one hated the Cubs or Senators.
lol comparing the patriots to the Yankees? and the dodgers? You root for the Cubs because they lose every year and feel bad for them?

you think richardson doesn't like the team he played for over a decade because they were in new york? Honestly I think a lot of the anti-yankees hate is sour grapes from the whipping they gave "the team of the decade" in the 90's.

I don't hate the team. I could care less. I don't like some of the folks it's named after. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Yankees in general are not my cup of tea.

(I do know a few yankees I like).

And i was merely mentioning that Richardson is from Sumter. He may've been a New York Yankee, but he is not a yankee. There is a distinction.

I don't hate the team. I could care less. I don't like some of the folks it's named after. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Yankees in general are not my cup of tea.

(I do know a few yankees I like).

And i was merely mentioning that Richardson is from Sumter. He may've been a New York Yankee, but he is not a yankee. There is a distinction.
Frank McGuire was born in New York, as was Mark Kingston, we are supposed to hate them because they weren't born in the south? ridiculous, unless you're a red sox fan the yankee hatred is just sour grapes and jealousy.

All MLB owners are billionaires, if your team doesn't want to spend and win that is pathetic. So until there is a salary cap in baseball get used to seeing the Yanks in the playoffs and winning rings.

Don't include me in that.

Agree with all that EXCEPT - go to St. Louis any year, no matter how good or bad the Cubs are/were, and tell them no one hated the Cubs and see what they say about that 😆

Salty M's fan who is mad at them for ruining the greatest season in history and keep them from their best shot at the World Series

No opinion either way, but I've been to a couple of games at their current stadium and had a great time. Got to see Jeter play and make a great defensive play and get a couple of hits before he retired.

Notice how none of the haters explain why, jealousy.. keep rooting for the Georgia Braves and unCarolina panthers 🤣

This is where the irrational hatred and jealousy of New York Yankees comes from, down go the Braves! 🤣

Last edited:
no we root for Atlanta and North Carolina teams, even though they have no connection and couldn't care less about SC.
" Why are you trying to start arguments on here about the damn Yankees? I'm sure they have a message board. We are happy after a great weekend and even you cant bring us down

I used to listen to the Yankee games on an AM transistor radio. I imagined playing there. Atlanta became a favorite. Aaron, Murphy, Horner became favorites. I met Glavine then Chipper when they came through Greenville. Chipper was my neighbor. I have been too old Yankee stadium and new Yankee stadium , and both Atlanta stadiums . I haven’t been to Sun Trust but hopefully this year i will

I used to listen to the Yankee games on an AM transistor radio. I imagined playing there. Atlanta became a favorite. Aaron, Murphy, Horner became favorites. I met Glavine then Chipper when they came through Greenville. Chipper was my neighbor. I have been too old Yankee stadium and new Yankee stadium , and both Atlanta stadiums . I haven’t been to Sun Trust but hopefully this year i will

I grew up a Yankee's fan and always wanted to go to the old Yankee Stadium, but didn't make it there. But I have no desire to go to the new Yankee Stadium.

I grew up a Yankee's fan and always wanted to go to the old Yankee Stadium, but didn't make it there. But I have no desire to go to the new Yankee Stadium.
Freddie. It was awesome. Everything you would expect. They booed the ball boys, the concessionaires, the cops and each other. They heckled the other team. The trip to Monument Park was awesome. Got to see Jeter play. Also went to Fenway, Wrigley, old Tiger stadium, Cincy and Baltimore. What memories

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT