ADVERTISEMENT

News for WBB fans. 2019 ranking

No complaints here! Coach Staley and staff have done a heck of a job putting this class together and I have a good feeling they're not quite done.

This is the type of class we need to compete with UConn and other top tier programs and hopefully stay at the top.

If Dawn closes with Rickea Jackson, it will be our best class ever. But the class will have to rock and roll to match what A'ja and Bianca achieved on the court.
That was my immediate thought. A'ja was a once-in-a-lifetime-type of player. I don't think I'll see another here that will match her impact on USC WBB or WBB as a whole. Having said that, I'd love for Dawn to prove me wrong with a player (or two) in this 2019 class!~

Reactions: gamecockblack
That was my immediate thought. A'ja was a once-in-a-lifetime-type of player. I don't think I'll see another here that will match her impact on USC WBB or WBB as a whole. Having said that, I'd love for Dawn to prove me wrong with a player (or two) in this 2019 class!~
A’ja might not really be a once in a lifetime player.

I watch UConn follow one great player with another one all the time.

KML
Sue Bird
Diana Taurasi
Brea Stewart
Maya Moore
Rebecca Lobo
Tina Charles

There is always the next one if you recruit well enough.

A’ja might not really be a once in a lifetime player.

I watch UConn follow one great player with another one all the time.

KML
Sue Bird
Diana Taurasi
Brea Stewart
Maya Moore
Rebecca Lobo
Tina Charles

There is always the next one if you recruit well enough.
Fair enough. In that case, I hope Dawn has one in this class. :)

I think Rickea Jackson is about 90% Carolina so I feel she will be in the bag soon. Boston is about a 50% but pulling a Boston player away from UConnis close to impossible but sometimes players go where the hot school is to make a super team so to speak. As far as Jones form california, I think it is about a 10-15% chance. It seems that one is UConn or Stanford with word I am hgearing, Stanford is front runner at the moment. I would love to land all three but I feel one more is about it but that will be 4 5-star players in this class at 4 different positions.

Are thoughts that we will likely get Jackson, or is there any indication one way or the other out there?

Are thoughts that we will likely get Jackson, or is there any indication one way or the other out there?
We're the favorites. Thought it would be done by now. She is obviously waiting for some reason. I have no clue what that is. Stay tuned!

Reactions: 92Pony
Surprised UConn is not in top 25. Maybe they have no room to sign anyone

The idea that UCONN's 2nd team could win the national title is a myth. UCONN only plays a 6 player rotation -- 7 tops. And Geno plays them pretty close to the entire game....no matter the opponent, no matter the score.

So he recruits selectively. And some top players realize that they won't see immediate playing time and go elsewhere.

But he'll no doubt pull 1 or 2 of the top players this season to finish strong.

Mississippi State offered her brother. They are pulling all the tricks out.
if she was going to Miss St that would be done. They offered the baby bro in the 8th grade 3 weeks ago. I suspect she is waiting to see who else we sign. Beal is a 2-3, Cooke is 1-2, Amihere is a 4-5, Rickea is a 3-4, she might be concerned with Haley Jones another 2-3. But Jones will likely choose Stanford with UCONN in 2nd. Jones announces on Monday. Jackson might wait until Jones to Stanford is official. Or I might be totally wrong.

if she was going to Miss St that would be done. They offered the baby bro in the 8th grade 3 weeks ago. I suspect she is waiting to see who else we sign. Beal is a 2-3, Cooke is 1-2, Amihere is a 4-5, Rickea is a 3-4, she might be concerned with Haley Jones another 2-3. But Jones will likely choose Stanford with UCONN in 2nd. Jones announces on Monday. Jackson might wait until Jones to Stanford is official. Or I might be totally wrong.
I hope your right. I got a bad feeling we won't get her. I heard Rutgers has legitimate shot at her.

Last edited:
I find this hard to believe...No UConn in the top 25??

Maybe Geno said “2 or 3 more years” in a press conference?Eyeroll

For all the supposed disadvantages USC is perceived to have in football recruiting. Dawn is proving it isn’t a state or geographic problem.

This class could potentially be a changing of the guards in WBB. Dawn is a living legend that has proven she can win it all at USC and develop future all-pros whereas, as great is he has been, Geno is an old white guy and getting older every day. Having #1 attendance in the nation certainly doesn’t hurt either.

This class could potentially be a changing of the guards in WBB. Dawn is a living legend that has proven she can win it all at USC and develop future all-pros whereas, as great is he has been, Geno is an old white guy and getting older every day. Having #1 attendance in the nation certainly doesn’t hurt either.

Yeah its the old white guys fault but then again isnt everything nowadays. Smh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT