ADVERTISEMENT

News to me. Vandys Fuller.

The first college football cheerleaders were male. College cheerleading was pretty much all male until WWII, when there was a shortage of men available. Just fyi.
Well WW2 was a long time ago.

She kicked off to start the second half. Very poor short kick. I doubt she was supposed to kickoff. But the fact that there is a chance that Vandy might not score might have forced the coach's hand to get her in the game. Hope they score and she can kick an extra point

I mean, this basically confirms it was a publicity stunt. There wasn’t anybody who could kick it past the 35??? And Missouri just happened to fair catch it?

lol, she had the 2nd half opening kickoff. Kick went all the way to the 35 yard line. History made. Kind of like Danica Patrick made history by never winning a single NASCAR race.

200.gif

lol, she had the 2nd half opening kickoff. Kick went all the way to the 35 yard line. History made. Kind of like Danica Patrick made history by never winning a single NASCAR race.

At least Danica raced every week. She had to prepare, travel, etc... this girl literally just joined the team a couple of days ago for this moment. History might have been made, but it was likely taken from a young lady that actually deserved the moment by balancing life as a student athlete for the entire year or years. Many kickers come into programs and never sniff the field. Is forced and premeditated history still “history”? It’s not her fault. This is everyone gets a trophy society at it’s worst. Mason can’t coach for $hit so he does this...

Dude, 65 yard field goal never ever going to happen. They just showed her in pregame warmup. She was kicking from the two yard line, that is right the two yard line. It was for the Tv camera. You never kick from the two in a game. If it is 4th and goal from the 1 yard line the field goal would be kicked at the 8 yard line. I wonder why she wasn't practicing kicking field goals from the 25 yard line?

Never said she could . My point is if a girl who came along who could would you offer her ?? Or better yet a girl who was head and shoulders better than the kickers on your team .. why not ??

Definitely a publicity stunt. She’ll win an ESPY.
I know, the half time “highlights” of the Vandy game during the Iron Bowl ONLY showed her one awful kick and an interview with her... They barely even mentioned that Mizzou DESTROYED Vandy 41-0!! I mean good fir her I guess, but she was in the game for ONE PLAY!?! Is this such a momentous accomplishment? 🤷‍♂️

Hold up, guys. We done been had. Gender is a social construct.

It’s curious how the media can decide when gender matters and when it does not.

Boy wants to join the girls high school track team? Gender is just a social construct!!!

Girl wants to play college football? Achievement for women!!!

• Love
Reactions: Carolina4
I know, the half time “highlights” of the Vandy game during the Iron Bowl ONLY showed her one awful kick and an interview with her... They barely even mentioned that Mizzou DESTROYED Vandy 41-0!! I mean good fir her I guess, but she was in the game for ONE PLAY!?! Is this such a momentous accomplishment? 🤷‍♂️

I guess nobody on the team could out kick her? That would be the saddest thing of all...

Here is my take not that anyone cares:
If she were my daughter I'd be pumped as hell for her. Keep in mind this is a college athlete at a great university so me as her dad I'm cheering her on in this opportunity.
Keep in mind too, and I guarantee none of you looked this up, Vandy won the SEC championship this year in soccer and this girl was the main goalie and had a 7-2 record. So I respect the fact that SHE herself is no gimmick.

If we sort of back up more to the 30,000 foot view of things I think there are some others that do bring up vald points. Its easy to just call someone a jerk and move on but the points about gender constructs vs. historic achievements, what would everyone thing if she ended up with the ball in her hands and injured, etc etc are not bad points of conversation. Im all for women being able to do whatever they want but when it comes to athletics and you want to compete with men you better be able to hang or else don't mix the two ever.

So I can see both sides of the coin here. I would never fault her for taking the opportunity but I would also ask what are we trying to achieve here with this?

She's 6' 3", and she's a goalkeeper. She's used to being hit, and she's not some dainty 5' 2" Tik tok soft wannabe
HAHAHAHAHA. Used to getting hit by 250+lb players that achieve ~20mph speeds in full pads and hit with the force of a low speed automobile accident..? Asking for a friend. This might be one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen regarding something like this.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT