ADVERTISEMENT

Next season

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
Ok talk me off a ledge . Sell me on how next season will be better than this year . Let’s say worst case scenario , Edwards enters the draft and Otre Smith doesn’t make a fully recovery . Who are our proven playmakers besides Shi ? Also looks like we may replacing 3 starting OL on a very good unit this year . Defense is in scrambles and the schedule is way more difficult . Muschamp pulled off a near miracle his first two seasons here but it was in year 3 and 4 that the tires fell off in Gainesville . I think our OL coach and Bmac have done an incredible job this year so that gives me hope . Jake seems to have turned the corner and is living up to his potential . Are there any incoming recruits offensively that will make an immediate impact as playmakers next year ? I hear from a lot of posters that if we finish 7-5 next year they will be satisfied given the schedule . Not being negative Nancy I just need some reasons why we expect to improve next year . And yes when I say improve I mean W’s and L’s .

Reactions: Thigh Man
Ok talk me off a ledge . Sell me on how next season will be better than this year . Let’s say worst case scenario , Edwards enters the draft and Otre Smith doesn’t make a fully recovery . Who are our proven playmakers besides Shi ? Also looks like we may replacing 3 starting OL on a very good unit this year . Defense is in scrambles and the schedule is way more difficult . Muschamp pulled off a near miracle his first two seasons here but it was in year 3 and 4 that the tires fell off in Gainesville . I think our OL coach and Bmac have done an incredible job this year so that gives me hope . Jake seems to have turned the corner and is living up to his potential . Are there any incoming recruits offensively that will make an immediate impact as playmakers next year ? I hear from a lot of posters that if we finish 7-5 next year they will be satisfied given the schedule . Not being negative Nancy I just need some reasons why we expect to improve next year . And yes when I say improve I mean W’s and L’s .

Offensively we are not bringing in any playmakers as of right now except at qb

Let me ease your fears.
1. Edwards isn’t leaving. He knows he needs to add some speed and he’s not a top 4 rounder yet.
2. Our Oline has depth and our coach is a great coach. I have no issues thinking Oline won’t be a strength next year.
3. Our defense will be much improved. Our Dline is gonna have depth and experience. Kinlaw, Wonnum, Enganbare, Belk, Sandidge, Pickens, Anderson. Size and experience and alll great SEC talent. Our secondary will have Horn, Smith, RJ, Israel, (poss Steele) JAM and Dickerson, and that Southern Cal Kid. Depth and quality talent with experience.
4. Our schedule is very tough, but only drop off from Offense will be Deebo. Josh Vann will step up. Defense will be much improved. I don’t know if we will do better than 8 wins but we have the team next year for 8. Losses to Alabama, UGA, but I’m gonna put toss ups for Texas a and M, Florida, Kentucky and Clemson. Split the toss ups.

Let me ease your fears.
1. Edwards isn’t leaving. He knows he needs to add some speed and he’s not a top 4 rounder yet.
2. Our Oline has depth and our coach is a great coach. I have no issues thinking Oline won’t be a strength next year.
3. Our defense will be much improved. Our Dline is gonna have depth and experience. Kinlaw, Wonnum, Enganbare, Belk, Sandidge, Pickens, Anderson. Size and experience and alll great SEC talent. Our secondary will have Horn, Smith, RJ, Israel, (poss Steele) JAM and Dickerson, and that Southern Cal Kid. Depth and quality talent with experience.
4. Our schedule is very tough, but only drop off from Offense will be Deebo. Josh Vann will step up. Defense will be much improved. I don’t know if we will do better than 8 wins but we have the team next year for 8. Losses to Alabama, UGA, but I’m gonna put toss ups for Texas a and M, Florida, Kentucky and Clemson. Split the toss ups.
Is that you Sunshine? I like it!

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
Let me ease your fears.

That’s IF we have no injuries. That is the best outlook. And to be truthful it is the only way you can look at it right now. Because the unknown just happens and right now no one knows what if. But there are still holes in this defense and they still do not know how to tackle. That’s not a small issue.
Injuries will hurt us more than they will the bigger teams on our schedule. IF we can stay healthy it will be a competitive team. Maybe 8 wins. But It could also be 5-6 wins too.

bEAT CLEMSON

Let me ease your fears.
We will also get Nick Harvey back in the secondary. His first RS was also due to injury.

I doubt any underclass OL leave....they would be losing money if they did....so not sure where the 3 are coming from. May also get Ibe back for a 6th year. Both were slated to start this year before their injuries.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13

Please tell me who? I’m honestly not trying to be difficult. Hillinski was mentioned but You alluded to more. And since we have no one committed at WR it has to be a running back? And the three star from Georgia is the only one I see. The guy listed as an athlete maybe?
I don’t see any linemen breaking into the starting lineup. And that’s how I classify linemen as difference makers.

I would say go ahead and jump Nancy

"NEXT SEASON", I've been listening to that same song for over 40 years now.
Funny though, I can't remember how the tune goes.

Reactions: jonesz21
The main reason to have hope is that McClendon may have fixed the offense. Expecting a Muschamp led team to score points was a major concern before this year. It’s much less so now. Add in a healthy defense and some talented new recruits (Pickens should make an immediate impact)....I think 8-4 and a win over Clemson are achievable.

I still don't get the tougher schedule talk. Yes we have bama, but otherwise it is typically the SEC schedule you get. Some years you have tougher road games but the following year we get the home match up. The App St game, we should win this type game in Muschamps stage of his career here. Time for team to man up and punch them in the mouth.

I still don't get the tougher schedule talk. Yes we have bama, but otherwise it is typically the SEC schedule you get. Some years you have tougher road games but the following year we get the home match up. The App St game, we should win this type game in Muschamps stage of his career here. Time for team to man up and punch them in the mouth.

Listen, when people start talking that if we played like we did against Michigan (an 11 point loss), we would have beaten Stony Brook and Wyoming, you know that some would consider A.C. Flora and Eau Claire trap games.

I finally understand what Holtz (not the fans) meant when he said, we had to change the culture.

Reactions: jonesz21
Beating uk honestly should be expected. I don’t see klempson anytime soon unfortunately. Better have some top 10 recruiting classes ASAP.
Didn’t tater Clemson that long to leap frog our azz. Oh wait they take football seriously from BOT down

Reactions: Pole
I would add we will have the toughest schedule in our history.

Yep!

App State, Charleston Southern and North Carolina.
Vandy and Kentucky at home.
2 Bye weeks.

However, I will concede ... there is a very distinct possibility that we could lose to the
#1, #2, and #3 teams in the country. I wonder if any other team in the country has ever done that before.

Listen, when people start talking that if we played like we did against Michigan (an 11 point loss), we would have beaten Stony Brook and Wyoming, you know that some would consider A.C. Flora and Eau Claire trap games.

I finally understand what Holtz (not the fans) meant when he said, we had to change the culture.
And it’s not the fans. It’s the culture at the top that can make this happen. That culture will never change unless BOT have term limits

Reactions: Pole
Next year we are going to be 9-3

Aug. 31 vs. North Carolina (Charlotte) W - UNC will not be any good
Sept. 7 CHARLESTON Southern W - should be easy win
Sept. 14 ALABAMA* L - unless Garcia has any eligibility left
Sept. 21 at Missouri* W - unless Drew Lock has a tenth year of eligibility
Sept. 28 KENTUCKY* W - finally. We are at home and they lose a ton of talent
Oct. 5 Open Date W
Oct. 12 at Georgia* L - might be ugly
Oct. 19 FLORIDA* W - should have won this year on the road.
Oct. 26 at Tennessee* W - they are still a few years away.
Nov. 2 VANDERBILT* W - see Charleston Southern
Nov. 9 APPALACHIAN State W - will be closer than we all like
Nov. 16 at Texas A&M* L - on the road and they always seem to have luck on their side
Nov. 23 Open Date W
Nov. 30 Clemson W - streak is over.
Jan 1 Citrus Bowl - ?? - depends on who we play

And it’s not the fans. It’s the culture at the top that can make this happen. That culture will never change unless BOT have term limits
Interesting that you say this obviously without understanding how both Clemson's and USC's boards are chosen. USC's Trustees serve 4 year terms chosen by the General Assembly from each of the 16 judicial circuits. Clemson has six members serving 4 year terms chosen by the General Assembly and 7 self-perpetuating Trustees basically serving life terms.

I don't expect next year to be an improvement in the wins/losses sense. Yeah, I'll be disappointed if we don't qualify for a bowl, but I don't expect us to "be there" next year in terms of talent and depth. On paper, we could have a nice upgrade to the roster. I just think we are two years away... If this incoming class and the next both work out.

Didn’t tater Clemson that long to leap frog our azz. Oh wait they take football seriously from BOT down
Yes it did. We just didn't notice because we were winning 11 games and beating them....but look at their recruiting classes versus ours during those 11 win seasons. They built their CFP teams while we were asleep at the wheel....and they had their moaners and whiners also. Difference between us and them is they haven't fallen asleep at the wheel yet.

Interesting that you say this obviously without understanding how both Clemson's and USC's boards are chosen. USC's Trustees serve 4 year terms chosen by the General Assembly from each of the 16 judicial circuits. Clemson has six members serving 4 year terms chosen by the General Assembly and 7 self-perpetuating Trustees basically serving life terms.
Did you drop the mic?

Replacing Deebo and Bailey will be difficult on offense, both from experience and talent. BAW and Fenton are two guys in defense that have played a lot of football here!

Must replace Daley at LT as well. Hopefully, Stanley returns at guard!

Other than those guys, we return the majority of our talent and experience.

The schedule is daunting no doubt. Beating Bama, UGA in Athens, A&M out there, and CU at home won’t be easy, or realistic, depending on how injuries and the season progresses.

We have staff stability, an offense that really improved after the UK game, and a defense that should NOT be decimated by injuries like we were in 2018.

Step back from the ledge and let the 2019 season unfold!

Reactions: Pole and rogue cock
Next year we are going to be 9-3

Aug. 31 vs. North Carolina (Charlotte) W - UNC will not be any good
Sept. 7 CHARLESTON Southern W - should be easy win
Sept. 14 ALABAMA* L - unless Garcia has any eligibility left
Sept. 21 at Missouri* W - unless Drew Lock has a tenth year of eligibility
Sept. 28 KENTUCKY* W - finally. We are at home and they lose a ton of talent
Oct. 5 Open Date W
Oct. 12 at Georgia* L - might be ugly
Oct. 19 FLORIDA* W - should have won this year on the road.
Oct. 26 at Tennessee* W - they are still a few years away.
Nov. 2 VANDERBILT* W - see Charleston Southern
Nov. 9 APPALACHIAN State W - will be closer than we all like
Nov. 16 at Texas A&M* L - on the road and they always seem to have luck on their side
Nov. 23 Open Date W
Nov. 30 Clemson W - streak is over.
Jan 1 Citrus Bowl - ?? - depends on who we play
Or who plays on Jan 1 ;)

Replacing Deebo and Bailey will be difficult on offense, both from experience and talent. BAW and Fenton are two guys in defense that have played a lot of football here!

Must replace Daley at LT as well. Hopefully, Stanley returns at guard!

Other than those guys, we return the majority of our talent and experience.

The schedule is daunting no doubt. Beating Bama, UGA in Athens, A&M out there, and CU at home won’t be easy, or realistic, depending on how injuries and the season progresses.

We have staff stability, an offense that really improved after the UK game, and a defense that should NOT be decimated by injuries like we were in 2018.

Step back from the ledge and let the 2019 season unfold!
BAW will be a tough replacement but I think Fenton will be upgraded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT