ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
How can these guys seriously be considering the draft?

Is Bentley simply looking at the fact that this draft is bereft of QB prospects? Or is he worried about competition next year?

I love what Edwards has done for this team, but he's not going to get drafted. Free agent at best.

Donnell Stanley - I don't have a clue about OL prospects, but typically another year in college would raise any OL's draft status.

How can these guys be seriously considering the draft?

Is Bentley simply looking at the fact that this draft is bereft of QB prospects? Or is he worried about competition next year?

I love what Edwards has done for this team, but he's not going to get drafted. Free agent at best.

Donnell Stanley - I don't have a clue about OL prospects, but typically another year in college would raise any OL's draft status.

Stanley has been here 5 years. I’d say if he goes he’s just ready to move in.

Bentley ain’t going. He’s just enjoying the attention from somewhere. No chance.

Edwards is likely the same scenario...just enjoying the attention and possibility before saying no. Though some guys just want to move on ASAP. I guess I wouldn’t be shocked if he did leave.

Bentley might as well go. I just don’t see him being able to show any progress with your schedule next year. If he stays I’m afraid he will be in the same situation as Bryant was with us by game five. Hilinski is the guy that is either going to keep Muschamp at USC or not. If he is smart he uses next season to get Hilinski the experience he needs for 2020 and 2021. If Muschamp doesn’t realize this then he may be gone sooner rather than later.

High Pass Jake doesn’t have a chance in the NFL. He is too inconsistent. He reminds me of the nursury rhyme “when he’s good, he’s good, but when he’s bad, he’s horrid”.

High Pass Jake doesn’t have a chance in the NFL. He is too inconsistent. He reminds me of the nursury rhyme “when he’s good, he’s good, but when he’s bad, he’s horrid”.
Yep, no inbetween

This is a fair criticism of Jake. Most will say he just sucks. Truth is exactly what you say. No consistent play. Either really good or really bad.

Reactions: uscalumni
This is a fair criticism of Jake. Most will say he just sucks. Truth is exactly what you say. No consistent play. Either really good or really bad.
Yeah he is 'Jake& Hyde'! When he is good you say wow, we've got a QB. But when he is bad he plays like a wasted scholarship! Problem is you just don't know what we'll get. I do know this. If a junior QB doesn't know how to look off a safety, he should not be a starter. If an HBC is gonna tolerate freshman mistakes, he should play a freshman.

Yeah he is 'Jake& Hyde'! When he is good you say wow, we've got a QB. But when he is bad he plays like a wasted scholarship! Problem is you just don't know what we'll get. I do know this. If a junior QB doesn't know how to look off a safety, he should not be a starter. If an HBC is gonna tolerate freshman mistakes, he should play a freshman.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. If Hilinski were to come in and have a Scarneccia type performance or better...it won’t be as easy for Muschamp to stick with Jake. It didn’t make a ton of sense to hand reigns over to a senior with little experience. But a true freshman??? That makes sense if he has a chance and delivers.

I’m thinking Muschamp doesn’t pull Jake unless he absolutely has to.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
It’ll be interesting to see what happens. If Hilinski were to come in and have a Scarneccia type performance or better...it won’t be as easy for Muschamp to stick with Jake. It didn’t make a ton of sense to hand reigns over to a senior with little experience. But a true freshman??? That makes sense if he has a chance and delivers.

Muschamp better win games. Joyner would have helped our running game without a doubt. Dakereon can over throw and toss picks as well as Jake.

Yes inconsistency and failing in key situations is Jake's Achilles Heel. He needs to disprove this by a stellar 2019 otherwise he will never see more than the practice squad for 1 year with an NFL team.

Whatcha wanna bet that JB plays every snap next season with the exception of about 5 series over the entire season??

None of them should go, but kids don’t always do the wisest things. Plus, i wonder how good the dynamics are in the locker room. If i am these guys and i look at the schedule next year, i might be thinking this is a good time to get out.

Bryant for example is not going to have any better of a passer throwing to him next year, Jake is who he is. The Oline will probably be worse next year and that will not help matters. I am sure an agent is telling Bryant his stats could be worse next year. Why not go?

Agents tell these kids what they want to hear and they make compelling cases. Yesterday’s result not eh field is going to be used to make that case.

Still have not watched the game but I must confess,I used to be on the "Jake is gonna be ok" bandwagon, but after 3 years the inconsistency is enough.He is what he is gonna be.Just declare for the draft please but he is gonna stay.One more year till we get to see a real qb hopefully.Dak needs a package next year or I hope he transfers for his sake.

I suspect Hilinski won't have any problem showing up Bentley. Even Doty might be capable of it. That doesn't mean either one of them will play much.

I suspect Hilinski won't have any problem showing up Bentley. Even Doty might be capable of it. That doesn't mean either one of them will play much.
I'll be stunned - STUNNED - if Hillinski sees the field next season. That's not the way we do things around here.

Reactions: king ward
You know, maybe JB just see's he needs new coaching? Maybe he realizes his plateau under this staff and it time to move on without bad-mouthing his dad? JB might know more that fans and knows he can grow better when he leaves this staff?

Yes inconsistency and failing in key situations is Jake's Achilles Heel. He needs to disprove this by a stellar 2019 otherwise he will never see more than the practice squad for 1 year with an NFL team.

Bentley will never play in the NFL or be on a practice squad.

USCALUMNI

Whatcha wanna bet that JB plays every snap next season with the exception of about 5 series over the entire season??

While it may not be best for the program and the development of others at the position.......this is likely,
Charleston Southern looks like the only spot with mop up potential on the schedule

You know, maybe JB just see's he needs new coaching? Maybe he realizes his plateau under this staff and it time to move on without bad-mouthing his dad? JB might know more that fans and knows he can grow better when he leaves this staff?
If you can’t learn under Werner you won’t learn anywhere else

There is absolutely no way Bentley or Edwards are NFL talent. Does anybody watch NFL football? These guys are light years away in terms of talent and necessary skill set to compete at that level. This is ridiculous.

Reactions: lawcalcock

Dakereon Joyner would have shown him up vs Virginia if we had the common sense to play him. Heck you might have shown him up! JAke is as inconsistent a QB as I can recall. Just awful.

there is no staff bad enough anywhere to blame for a QB missing as many throws as Jake. Better coaching will Sit him on the bench or cut him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT