ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki McCray Penson stepping down as head WBB coach at Miss St immediately

winloseortie

Feb 21, 2007
columbia
Citing health concerns. Though not stated I fear her breast cancer has recurred. She was a great part of our success and went through treatment while here. Prayers and hopes for her health.

Sad for her.

mulkey gets a bigger void to fill in the West
Nikki did an amazing job rescuing that roster. They have talent enough to make the tourney!
Will they pull together or will they fall apart?

Mulkey also has talent to make tourney this year. They have an embarrassingly wretched OOC. Clemson is their third toughest game behind Iowa st and Florida gulf coast. So anything less than 11-2 to start conference will be a bad thing.

They have 8 seniors and 4 freshmen(2 are top 100 recruits #51 & #86) She is already locked out of getting top recruits this cycle. Will have to go heavy in the portal. Unless she scores massively in the portal they are three years at least away from top 25.

They will have get by ARK and Ole Miss who are really doing well recruiting and already have better talent than her.

Last edited:
Very sorry for these happenings. Hopefully she will have a full recovery and maybe we can help her out professionally in the aftermath. My wife is a 25-year breast cancer survivor. This hits home with me.
I hope she won’t lose her health insurance.

Very sorry for these happenings. Hopefully she will have a full recovery and maybe we can help her out professionally in the aftermath. My wife is a 25-year breast cancer survivor. This hits home with me.
My fear for Nikki is that this is way serious. She could have asked for a leave of absence. Gone through tests and treatment and come back next year. Coach K has done this, twice. Sue Semaru took a year off last year to care for her mom.

Instead she went straight to resigning. I know this is reading tea leaves but it makes sense to me

My fear for Nikki is that this is way serious. She could have asked for a leave of absence. Gone through tests and treatment and come back next year. Coach K has done this, twice. Sue Semaru took a year off last year to care for her mom.

Instead she went straight to resigning. I know this is reading tea leaves but it makes sense to me
It seems very ominous.

• Sad
Reactions: Kitchenlabs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT