ADVERTISEMENT

Nine McDonalds All Americans

Degree ? None of them will see a degree. There isn't one player on the 2 deep that will be there for four years. It's a minor league nba team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I enjoy coming over here so I mean no offense, but most of the Kentucky players who have left early have returned to finish their degree including John Wall, Anthony Davis, Jody Meeks ,etc. etc. etc.

Originally posted by dansby660:
Degree ? None of them will see a degree. There isn't one player on the 2 deep that will be there for four years. It's a minor league nba team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
minor league? I've seen both play and I'm pretty sure UK could beat the Kings.

but then again, calling the Kings a minor league NBA team wouldn't be much of a stretch either...

Folks can whine on here all they want, but as long as Cal is at Kentucky it will be that way. Like it or not, legal or not, the man can flat recruit. And if cheating, he is far from the only one. Am I the only one that wonders how th ose parents of no particular means seem to pull up roots and just move to Durham, NC when their kid plays for Duke? But no one would ever accuse Coach K of such. That stuff goes on everywhere. And if it isn't at USC, maybe that is why we are so far behind. But if I thought I had an NBA future I'd be at Kentucky in a minute. Just showing up there automatically gets you drafted.

Originally posted by Mox94:
Folks can whine on here all they want, but as long as Cal is at Kentucky it will be that way. Like it or not, legal or not, the man can flat recruit. And if cheating, he is far from the only one. Am I the only one that wonders how th ose parents of no particular means seem to pull up roots and just move to Durham, NC when their kid plays for Duke? But no one would ever accuse Coach K of such. That stuff goes on everywhere. And if it isn't at USC, maybe that is why we are so far behind. But if I thought I had an NBA future I'd be at Kentucky in a minute. Just showing up there automatically gets you drafted.
There definitely is a double standard. You never hear people complaining about Duke's 9 McD's all-americans, and all the one-and-dones they churn out year after year.

Originally posted by Mox94:
1. Nothing illegal is going on - just playing by the same rules that any other college can/could play under.

2. The NBA is the issue - not the NCAA

3. Just showing up at UK is not an automatic to the NBA - ck the draft over the last 5 years and see just how many UK players were drafted vs the number that have played at UK during the same time period.

4. Have to agree totally that K would not be accused of anything for sure.

5. South Carolina could recruit under the same rule for sure..just takes Martin to recognize what is going on , where to obtain the players and then what it takes to legally obtain / sign the players..then do the one thing he has not figured out how to do and the is to stop belittling players in front of everyone , team , tv and those in attendance. Have an issue , then deal with it in the locker room..or maybe coach your players better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT