ADVERTISEMENT

No im not kidding. Beamer with another "Welcome Home " ....

th

Me, just trying to count the number of commits over the past couple weeks!

I have a feeling Shane keeps the names hush as to not steal the thunder from the recruits when they announce for themselves.

I think it's either Nick James or Ryan Brubaker. Have to think we're in good position with both. Exciting to know the team is recruiting well, and cool to see coach letting the players have their moment (on their own time).

Coaches aren't allowed to speak publicly about recruits by name prior to them signing are they?

Here's hoping it's a 4*.
Correct, this and the RECRUITING sights who can talk about the recruits by name and probably know who he is referring to keep it quiet to keep from stealing their thunder…

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
Coaches aren't allowed to speak publicly about recruits by name prior to them signing are they?

Here's hoping it's a 4*.
Brother, I appreciate your input. But good lord you are obsessed with stars and rankings. Every. Single. Post. "Hope it's a 4 star" "This guy moves us to rank 26". My goodness man.

Brother, I appreciate your input. But good lord you are obsessed with stars and rankings. Every. Single. Post. "Hope it's a 4 star" "This guy moves us to rank 26". My goodness man.

Well, certainly not every post. Only in threads that are pertinent to recruiting.

Would you not also hope we can pick up a 4* or two?

If he could snag a couple 4*, it would add some massive momentum and legitimacy. Not saying he won't be able to compete well with 3*, but there is an undeniable perception issue when it comes to recruiting.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Well, certainly not every post. Only in threads that are pertinent to recruiting.

If he could snag a couple 4*, it would add some massive momentum and legitimacy. Not saying he won't be able to compete well with 3*, but there is an undeniable perception issue when it comes to recruiting.
We are in the mix for several. Hope we land a few. It does help with perception and may contribute to other 4 stars giving us a 2nd look.

Reactions: GarnetBeamer

I certainly hope we land the best players.

Given the situation, I think recruiting has gone about as well as it possibly could. Coming off 3 straight disappointing- to disastrous seasons with a first year, unproven coach, Beamer has done well to get the commitments he has.

And I agree with those who point out that the kids we are getting aren’t going to close the gap on Clemson, Bama, UGA, etc., but this is where we have to start.

This is about what I expected in Beamer's first year and being on the job for 6 months. I don't know these guys and am in no position to judge their talent. They could be bad, average, or end up being great players. It's just too early to tell. But looking at the measurements, I would say most of these guys will redshirt and won't be any immediate help. I don't think many will play meaningful snaps next year except for maybe some special teams. One or two of the DBs may have to play out of necessity since we lost virtually our entire defensive backfield from last year. We simply aren't going to put a 265 lb Olineman on the field against SEC competition, nor a 6'3" 215 lb LB. These guys will need a year or 2 to develop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT