ADVERTISEMENT

No matter how you think of the NFL today, it will never be the same from years to come when watching

What if Delta flight attendends put on Trump hats as soon as the plane got in the air? Do you think Delta or many of the passengers would be OK with that? Think Colin Kaepernick would be OK with that?
That is a great analogy and if Delta allowed that to go on they would have passengers getting up walking off the plane and asking for a refund, wonder if the NFL is giving any refunds!

That is a great analogy and if Delta allowed that to go on they would have passengers getting up walking off the plane and asking for a refund, wonder if the NFL is giving any refunds!
It is a great analogy, because trump hats = the flag.

Cult indoctrinee syndrome.

I don't recognize standing for the national anthem as being among the extremes, but whatever.
The fact that people are even kind of, sort of, .000000001% equating men peacefully kneeling saying don't beat up and kill my fellow citizens with people who literally admire Adolph Hitler and want to go back to a time where his ideology ruled, is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. It's pathetic, nasty and completely dumbfounding in the United States of America, but that's where we are. Lest we forget:

Fine people:

AP_17199454719636.jpg

Sons of bitches:

nfl-players-protest-list.jpg

...according to our president Donald J. Trump. Truly pathetic and disgusting crap, and there is no way it can be explained away as anything other than what it is. Terrible.

Reactions: funktavious
I think what is being lost in all this is the reason it started . CK started the protest to bring awareness to Social injustice and Police Brutality. If you live in this country and you don't see that these two things are happening on a daily basis then you are either dumb or turning a blind eye. If he wore a wristband or something similiar then it would have been a story for a week and would have gone away . Protest is meant to make people uncomfortable so the issue can't be ignored . Unfortunately now the story has nothing to do with the initial issue thanks to the media . If this protest somehow effects change and brings awareness to those issues then I have no problem with it . Again personally I would never kneel for the anthem but that's my right to choose . It's also your right to not match the NFL or buy tickets if you don't agree . However if you think this is hurting the players pockets then you are naive . They're gonna get millions if you choose to watch or not because plenty of people will continue to go to games and buy tickets and gear either way . Trust me Marshawn Lynch isn't selling one of His Lamborghini's to make ends meet because a few thousands people quit watching the NFL .

The enemies of our nation encourage you to focus on the evil nfl players, to move your attention away from things such as Charlottesville, and Gainesville.

Meanwhile...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...chard-spencer-speech-in-gainesville/484803203

GAINESVILLE, FLA -- Gainesville police have located and arrested three men about 20 miles north of Gainesville late Thursday for their role in a shooting that followed the afternoon speech by Richard Spencer.

Tyler Tenbrink of Richmond, 28, from Texas, 30-year-old old William Fears and 28-year-old Colton Fears of Passadena, Texas are all currently in the Alachua County Jail on charges of attempted homicide after an investigation revealed they engaged in an argument with another group of people that turned violent with gunfire.

At least two of the three have shown connections to extremist groups, police report. Police report Tenbrink is a convicted felon and faces additional charges of possession of a firearm by convicted felon.

Shortly before 5:30 p.m., it was reported that a silver Jeep stopped to argue with a group of protesters and began threatening, offering Nazi salutes and shouting chants about Hitler to the group that was near the bus stop.

During the altercation, Tenbrink produced a handgun while the Fears brothers encouraged him to shoot at the victims. Tenbrink fired a single shot at the group which thankfully missed the group and struck a nearby building. The suspects then fled in a silver jeep.

One of the victims was able to get the vehicle tag number and reported it immediately to law enforcement.

Due to the Richard Spencer event, law enforcement resources from the local, state and Federal level were still operating in “Unified Command” which allowed local investigators and FBI analysts to quickly identify the vehicle and possible occupants.

Shortly before 9:00 p.m, an Alachua County Deputy A. Diaz was off duty and on the way home after working the Spencer event operation. He was miles north of the last location of the vehicle that was known from intel reports, but began searching and ultimately located the vehicle.

Units from Alachua Police Department, High Springs Police Department and the Florida Highway Patrol conducted a high-risk Felony stop on the vehicle at the 405 Mile Marker of Interstate 75 North and took the three into custody.

untitled_1508514516824_11446922_ver1.0.png
The enemies of our nation encourage you to focus on the evil nfl players, to move your attention away from things such as Charlottesville, and Gainesville.

Meanwhile...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...chard-spencer-speech-in-gainesville/484803203

GAINESVILLE, FLA -- Gainesville police have located and arrested three men about 20 miles north of Gainesville late Thursday for their role in a shooting that followed the afternoon speech by Richard Spencer.

Tyler Tenbrink of Richmond, 28, from Texas, 30-year-old old William Fears and 28-year-old Colton Fears of Passadena, Texas are all currently in the Alachua County Jail on charges of attempted homicide after an investigation revealed they engaged in an argument with another group of people that turned violent with gunfire.

At least two of the three have shown connections to extremist groups, police report. Police report Tenbrink is a convicted felon and faces additional charges of possession of a firearm by convicted felon.

Shortly before 5:30 p.m., it was reported that a silver Jeep stopped to argue with a group of protesters and began threatening, offering Nazi salutes and shouting chants about Hitler to the group that was near the bus stop.

During the altercation, Tenbrink produced a handgun while the Fears brothers encouraged him to shoot at the victims. Tenbrink fired a single shot at the group which thankfully missed the group and struck a nearby building. The suspects then fled in a silver jeep.

One of the victims was able to get the vehicle tag number and reported it immediately to law enforcement.

Due to the Richard Spencer event, law enforcement resources from the local, state and Federal level were still operating in “Unified Command” which allowed local investigators and FBI analysts to quickly identify the vehicle and possible occupants.

Shortly before 9:00 p.m, an Alachua County Deputy A. Diaz was off duty and on the way home after working the Spencer event operation. He was miles north of the last location of the vehicle that was known from intel reports, but began searching and ultimately located the vehicle.

Units from Alachua Police Department, High Springs Police Department and the Florida Highway Patrol conducted a high-risk Felony stop on the vehicle at the 405 Mile Marker of Interstate 75 North and took the three into custody.

That's a bit of a stretch DC!

Dis

Disagree, I could see where some might see a Trump hat as offensive, NOT OUR flag!
Right, so, that kind of makes it a terrible analogy. Comparing the flag and/or anthem to a lying politicians campaign piece... nevermind. Have a wonderful saturday!

If the blm shooter from Dallas who killed 5 police officers does not represent all of blm, then why do some sick white supremacist represent all trump supporters.

I know you never made that equivalence.

The world is not black and white. It is gray.

To say that someone who is against the NFL protests is a white supremacist is ....

Ck is a black supremacist ?

His cop/pig socks were what?
Why was he not fined by the NFL for that? Yet they would not allow a helmet sticker to honor the Dallas police.

I have heard the 'pigs fry like bacon' chants. How is that ok.

It is clear and obvious that the Klan/supremacists are beyond awful people. My grandfather faught in ww2 and my great grandfather faught and worked against the Klan in Charleston in the 1920s. He was not popular. I wonder if they were alive what would they say.

If you believe that, there is really no hope for you, you're stereotyping!
I will leave you with scripture to ponder...

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 “Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.”

Again, enjoy your Saturday!

I think what is being lost in all this is the reason it started . CK started the protest to bring awareness to Social injustice and Police Brutality. [/B] If you live in this country and you don't see that these two things are happening on a daily basis then you are either dumb or turning a blind eye. If he wore a wristband or something similiar then it would have been a story for a week and would have gone away . Protest is meant to make people uncomfortable so the issue can't be ignored . Unfortunately now the story has nothing to do with the initial issue thanks to the media . If this protest somehow effects change and brings awareness to those issues then I have no problem with it . Again personally I would never kneel for the anthem but that's my right to choose . It's also your right to not match the NFL or buy tickets if you don't agree . However if you think this is hurting the players pockets then you are naive . They're gonna get millions if you choose to watch or not because plenty of people will continue to go to games and buy tickets and gear either way . Trust me Marshawn Lynch isn't selling one of His Lamborghini's to make ends meet because a few thousands people quit watching the NFL .
The "reason this started" has been lost because this is the wrong way to protest police brutality.

I will leave you with scripture to ponder...

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 “Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.”

Again, enjoy your Saturday!
Well, we agree on something, and as with all scripture it can be interpreted in different ways! Have yourself a safe and happy weekend!

Reactions: DC-99
The "reason this started" has been lost because this is the wrong way to protest police brutality.

Is there ever a "Right Way" to protest ?? I think the "Right Way" is whatever way gets the most attention and gets the most people talking about the issue . Like I said if he had worn a wristband or held a rally then this story would have dead in a week . Years ago people said Rosa Parks wasn't protesting "The Right Way". Even further back when a bunch of guys dressed as Indians dumped a shipload of tea in Boston harbor , I'm sure folks in England sat around and complained about those ungrateful colonist . People are talking about those issues more now than they were 5 or 6 years ago . In my mind if it affects social change for the better then so be it .

Michael Bennett says "I think the first step to even being able to even have a conversation is making sure that Colin Kaepernick gets an opportunity to play in the NFL.”

I want to play in the NFL…. I’m like Colin Kaepernick, can’t play a lick but I can whine on how the team should play and how the Offensive Coordinator should do his job…

I’m sorry, but standing up for the American Flag and National Anthem has nothing to do with the First Amendment.. It has everything to do with the decency, love and respect we hold inside of ourselves and how we were taught by our parents to respect everyone and ourselves as human beings; like holding the door for a lady, saying yes ma'am and no ma'am, getting permission from a girl’s father to marry his daughter and no matter how you’re treated by a girl, you are taught to never, I repeat never hit a girl… That’s why we stand up for our Flag and the National Anthem… It’s the right thing to do to honor the men and women of this country and how our parents brought us up…
The people who attempt to tear down our culture , the American culture, were not raised to be good citizens, in fact their culture is one of disrespect for everyone. In their mind if good American citizens would lower their standards and forsake their beliefs to become a part of their world they would be satisfied. That is what their protests are all about, not improving their standards of life but tearing down real Americans values as being racist because of disapproval of their behavior.

Is there ever a "Right Way" to protest ?? I think the "Right Way" is whatever way gets the most attention and gets the most people talking about the issue . Like I said if he had worn a wristband or held a rally then this story would have dead in a week . Years ago people said Rosa Parks wasn't protesting "The Right Way". Even further back when a bunch of guys dressed as Indians dumped a shipload of tea in Boston harbor , I'm sure folks in England sat around and complained about those ungrateful colonist . People are talking about those issues more now than they were 5 or 6 years ago . In my mind if it affects social change for the better then so be it .
The "attention" in this protest is not on Police Brutality. To me that means this is a failed protest. He should be in the public during the week protesting. Maybe in front of a police station.

I think what is being lost in all this is the reason it started . CK started the protest to bring awareness to Social injustice and Police Brutality. If you live in this country and you don't see that these two things are happening on a daily basis then you are either dumb or turning a blind eye. If he wore a wristband or something similiar then it would have been a story for a week and would have gone away . Protest is meant to make people uncomfortable so the issue can't be ignored . Unfortunately now the story has nothing to do with the initial issue thanks to the media . If this protest somehow effects change and brings awareness to those issues then I have no problem with it . Again personally I would never kneel for the anthem but that's my right to choose . It's also your right to not match the NFL or buy tickets if you don't agree . However if you think this is hurting the players pockets then you are naive . They're gonna get millions if you choose to watch or not because plenty of people will continue to go to games and buy tickets and gear either way . Trust me Marshawn Lynch isn't selling one of His Lamborghini's to make ends meet because a few thousands people quit watching the NFL .

Oh, it's not hurting them today but what about next year and the year after, if kneeling for the Anthem continues.

Someone please compare the evil US to other countries on the globe as to social injustice and police brutality. Show us some facts not some talking points made up by the activist groups which include a lot of PC networks. If things are so bad here, seek out the country that supports your ideals.

This is me clicking the "like button" on your post a million times.

There was one person - about 2000 years ago - who was willing to do unpopular things to bring attention to social injustice. Interestingly it was in the context of an extremely wealthy empire that "worshipped" things like money and social standing rather than worshipping love for all humanity. Hopefully more and more people will be able to draw parallels to the times we live in today.

It's alarming to me that people who consider themselves good Christians would not see - or even try to see - where their savior would come down on this issue. CK and other protesters are certainly no second coming, but they are taking a peaceful stand against what is very commonly overlooked in this country.

Fortunately cooler heads are prevailing in the NFL and they are now talking about social injustice and inequality - which is the whole point of the original protest.

Then your friends don't understand the first amendment. They fought to protect our rights, one of which is that the government can't punish us for expressing our beliefs. That is not in play here. They did not fight so that a dumbass can embarrass his employer while on the clock. He does not have that right. And the fact that the NFL is, apparently, not embarrassed by him and the others is the reason so many of us are done with the NFL. We will exercise our rights as consumers to buy a different product.
The 1st Amendment applies to you whether you are at work or not. Your employer may have rules that curtail some kinds of speech (e.g. as a teacher I am not allowed to wear clothing with alcohol-related images or messaging, like a shirt from my favorite brewery), but one can always challenge those rules under the Constitution. Then the courts get involved - as they should - because they alone are directed to interpret the Constitution.

The NFL has does not have a policy that mandates players stand or do anything else during the anthem. Their policy says "should" - not "must" "will" or "shall."

Ask yourself. Would you rather live in a country where it is ok to peacefully protest the Anthem or the flag or any other symbol of America? Or would you rather live in a country that mandates what you do when and where for the symbols they see fit? Maybe you'd rather live in the latter country. History tells us that those countries devolve quickly into societies of mistrust where neighbors turn each other in for silly infractions and eventually render obsolete the ideas that the country was founded on.

Should
people respect the symbols in America? Personally, I think so. Are they misguided if they don't? Personally, I don't think so. Quite frankly, I am more upset by the people on social media or talking in the beer line during the anthem than I am by someone who is kneeling in protest.

The 1st Amendment applies to you whether you are at work or not. Your employer may have rules that curtail some kinds of speech (e.g. as a teacher I am not allowed to wear clothing with alcohol-related images or messaging, like a shirt from my favorite brewery), but one can always challenge those rules under the Constitution. Then the courts get involved - as they should - because they alone are directed to interpret the Constitution.

The NFL has does not have a policy that mandates players stand or do anything else during the anthem. Their policy says "should" - not "must" "will" or "shall."

Ask yourself. Would you rather live in a country where it is ok to peacefully protest the Anthem or the flag or any other symbol of America? Or would you rather live in a country that mandates what you do when and where for the symbols they see fit? Maybe you'd rather live in the latter country. History tells us that those countries devolve quickly into societies of mistrust where neighbors turn each other in for silly infractions and eventually render obsolete the ideas that the country was founded on.

Should
people respect the symbols in America? Personally, I think so. Are they misguided if they don't? Personally, I don't think so. Quite frankly, I am more upset by the people on social media or talking in the beer line during the anthem than I am by someone who is kneeling in protest.

WOW !!! Best post I've ever seen on this issue !! You nailed everything . So according to some people those guys who are in the beer line or in the Bathroom, or playing on their phones during the anthem should all be held to the same standard correct ?? Great post .

For those defending CK and his claims for starting the protest, please tell us all why he didn't excercise his most logical and most powerful right afforded him by the Constitution to combat the evils and social injustices he claims...

...and cast a vote in the election?

And if the NFL wanted to stop this they have a simple solution, just go back to the old way of opening ceremonies before they decided to exploit patriotism to try to increasing viewers to make more $$$...leave the players in the locker room until after the Nation Anthem and all other pre-game ceremonies are over.
But no, they are too afraid of hurting some of their millionaire players feelings to do that and too ashamed and stubborn to admit they were using patriotism to try to earn more money.

It has been noted that you are attempting to equate people protesting police brutality with people WHO ADMIRE AND SUPPORT ADOLPH HITLER.
That would be a distortion, but that's how some people roll. If you would look a little higher in the thread you would see graphically the contrast I am drawing.

Meanwhile...

I hope Dick Spencer continues his rallies until enough of these maggots are arrested and detained that the rest of them will crawl back under the rocks they came out of...and the ones that are convicted have their sphincter stretch so loose they have to wear adult diapers because they can't hold a turd in the posterior.

For those defending CK and his claims for starting the protest, please tell us all why he didn't excercise his most logical and most powerful right afforded him by the Constitution to combat the evils and social injustices he claims...

...and cast a vote in the election?

And if the NFL wanted to stop this they have a simple solution, just go back to the old way of opening ceremonies before they decided to exploit patriotism to try to increasing viewers to make more $$$...leave the players in the locker room until after the Nation Anthem and all other pre-game ceremonies are over.
But no, they are too afraid of hurting some of their millionaire players feelings to do that and too ashamed and stubborn to admit they were using patriotism to try to earn more money.

Good points but one thing is backwards . The NFL is not exploiting patriotism, They are being paid millions of dollars by the Military to do elaborate ceremonies during the anthem . The military pays the NFL big money so this can act as a recruiting tool to reach their target , young Males . If you don't believe me look it up . This was not the NFL's idea . They were approached by the Armed Services to do it .

There was one person - about 2000 years ago - who was willing to do unpopular things to bring attention to social injustice. Interestingly it was in the context of an extremely wealthy empire that "worshipped" things like money and social standing rather than worshipping love for all humanity. Hopefully more and more people will be able to draw parallels to the times we live in today.

It's alarming to me that people who consider themselves good Christians would not see - or even try to see - where their savior would come down on this issue. CK and other protesters are certainly no second coming, but they are taking a peaceful stand against what is very commonly overlooked in this country.

Fortunately cooler heads are prevailing in the NFL and they are now talking about social injustice and inequality - which is the whole point of the original protest.
Did you just compare kapernick to Jesus?

This NFL protest thing is one of many issues that are occurring in our country that are intended by the enemies of our nation to cause division from within like a cancer. The enemies of our nation are behind all this. Protest and violence on our college campuses and in our cities. Demands to remove monuments and to rewrite our nations history. NFL disrespect to our Flag and Anthem. The people who participate in these actions from spoiled college kids to spoiled NFL players are useful idiots that are used by the enemies of our country. Their goal is to undermine the cultural fabric of our nation. Anyway, I'm proudly NFL free for six weeks now! If you love and respect the United States of America, BOYCOTT THE NFL! Not standing for the Anthem is disrespectful and disgraceful!

George Soros is the Puppet Master. Useful idiots, as you described, are the Puppets.
Pitting segments of Society against each other is the objective, and it is working.

My brother just told me that Miami players took a knee today.

If Ray Tanner allows this to happen in Columbia, it will go over like a turd in the punch bowl at the Sunday Social.

I'll be done with them until changes are made and I'm a lifelong Gamecock.

Any player pulling that crap in college should lose a scholarship.

I used to be as big a pro sports addict as you are likely to find. Players and coaches going to the highest bidder, showboating and strikes soured me on the whole lot of them. While I would be first in line to leave for their kneeling, I haven't been a fan for many years making it hard to boycott something I was not patronizing in the first place.

Have you seen some of the QB play this season? I'm not going to say he is all-world but I'd feel more comfortable with him playing QB on my team than about 1/3 of the guys starting in the league right now. How can guys like Hoyer and Weeden get jobs in the NFL? How does Cutler continue to get these huge contracts to stink up the field?

Reactions: DC-99
Have you seen some of the QB play this season? I'm not going to say he is all-world but I'd feel more comfortable with him playing QB on my team than about 1/3 of the guys starting in the league right now. How can guys like Hoyer and Weeden get jobs in the NFL? How does Cutler continue to get these huge contracts to stink up the field?
The people you mentioned might need to be joining him, and will be, some of them sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile...

Seriously, you want to post this in your liberal attempt to paint all white people as like these guys? For every one of the fringe whacko groups out there that do something that any white or black person knows is wrong, I can show you a police report where a group of black people attacked a white person. You're the problem with our country right now.....you take a story like this and run with it like it represents our nation's culture. For every white racist I've ever met, I'll show you 2 black racists. I got an idea, let's quit focusing on race period, and just deal with people as people.

These nut jobs don't represent me any more than the whacko fringe element of the black lives matter group do. Black Lives Matter is just a catchy name for a racists group. Giving it a fluffy name like that is the ultimate con. It's kind of like calling something "The Clean Air Act"...who could oppose clean air and water right? Except it had nothing to do with either.

Last edited:
They aren't commies would be my guess

Some really good points brought out in this thread guys!

The one thing that kills me about Kap is once he realized he wasn't going to have an NFL job, he came out and said he was done protesting, to me that is just plain chicken $hit, if you are willing to turn the NFL upside down for your cause and create more divisiveness you should be man enough to stick to your guns!

Did you just compare kapernick to Jesus?
Only if you read my post in the most superficial manner. I'm trying to point out that many people on the "you must stand!" side of the argument are avowed, devoted Christians. Yet they don't consider what their Christ actually stood for.

Not only is the demand that all people stand for the anthem against the 1st Amendment's right to free speech and peaceful protest, it flies in the face of the belief in the one person who gave his life in the name of social injustice.

Some folks can see that deeply, others either can't or won't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT