ADVERTISEMENT

No NFL for me this year. Guess I will just have to watch highlights to see how my Gamecocks in the

Yeah the NFL is in trouble....

Aaron Rodgers just signed for 130 Million
Khalil Mack just signed for 125 Millon
Aaron Donald just signed for 124 Million
Chargers and Raiders are building the two most expensive stadiums in league history .

Just an interesting Observation

No NFL for me. Won't support their ideology. Lucky for me, it isn't that big of a loss. IMO, the NFL is too business like, players have no team loyalty(all about the Benjamin's) and has too many spoiled millionaires with too much guaranteed money to foster full effort. Goes for NBA to an even greater extent.

The NFL IS a business, The players ARE employees. The NFL has less guaranteed money than MLB or the NBA and generally shorter careers.

Go Falcons!

Sooooo....who's gives a crap if you don't watch NFL football, we've heard this BS for 2 years. Somehow the league will survive your boycott
Yes, the NFL will survive an individual's boycott. But, there is a reason the NFL owners made the political-hot button topic of kneeling an off-season priority. It isn't because of their own political beliefs. It is because of the negative effect on their bottom line.

I dislike the NFL but not because of kneeling. The lack of concern about CTE, the jury rigging of the rules to favor passing, and the ridiculous encroachment into Thursday night are what killed it for me. These things pose more of a threat to the league's long term popularity than people morally grandstanding over kneeling IMO.

EDIT: Also every jackass being more concerned about their fantasy team than the actual results of the games

No NFL for me. Won't support their ideology. Lucky for me, it isn't that big of a loss. IMO, the NFL is too business like, players have no team loyalty(all about the Benjamin's) and has too many spoiled millionaires with too much guaranteed money to foster full effort. Goes for NBA to an even greater extent.

So what did you think about millionaire Steve Spurrier quitting midway through his season then getting the rest of his paycheck for the entire season, essentially getting guaranteed millions for zero effort?

You may want to give up USC football as well then.

Haven't watched NFL in years. I don't care about the recent Nike thing (Why does anyone even care about a prima donna wanna be QB who made a pariah of himself then turned down a contract and had his borderline neo nazi girlfriend ruin another chance at working?)

It's an ad campaign. People will find anything to be pissed off about. It mildly upsets me that people are so deeply offended by the Kaepernick move. He's a douche. Who apparently didn't know his place, amirite?

Just ready for the racially motivated drama to REALLY be over for a change and people to actually start loving one another instead of preaching it on one hand and practicing hateful and divisive tactics on the other.

Yes, the NFL will survive an individual's boycott. But, there is a reason the NFL owners made the political-hot button topic of kneeling an off-season priority. It isn't because of their own political beliefs. It is because of the negative effect on their bottom line.

Well yeah,....was that ever in question?

Haven't watched NFL in years. I don't care about the recent Nike thing (Why does anyone even care about a prima donna wanna be QB who made a pariah of himself then turned down a contract and had his borderline neo nazi girlfriend ruin another chance at working?)

It's an ad campaign. People will find anything to be pissed off about. It mildly upsets me that people are so deeply offended by the Kaepernick move. He's a douche. Who apparently didn't know his place, amirite?

Just ready for the racially motivated drama to REALLY be over for a change and people to actually start loving one another instead of preaching it on one hand and practicing hateful and divisive tactics on the other.

Stop lying. You do care. Why else would you go on this pointless rant. BTW "Didn't know his place" comment is exactly what his protest is about ;)

Last edited:
Sooooo....who's gives a crap if you don't watch NFL football, we've heard this BS for 2 years. Somehow the league will survive your boycott

People are so pleased with themselves for not watching the NFL, I don’t get why they like telling people about their boycott. Its like people that “cut the cord” or drive a Prius, the get so smug.

Hilarious.

All the people who now hate Nike and the NFL remind me of every person at I've ever talked to that has gone to Las Vegas to gamble. Not a single one of them has ever volunteered how much money they lost, yet Vegas is getting bigger and flashier by the day with the money that all of them WON. Funny how that works.

Hilarious.

All the people who now hate Nike and the NFL remind me of every person at I've ever talked to that has gone to Las Vegas to gamble. Not a single one of them has ever volunteered how much money they lost, yet Vegas is getting bigger and flashier by the day with the money that all of them WON. Funny how that works.

Also funny fact ... NFL is expected to net over 2 BILLION $$ in new revenue from legalized sports books . I’m sure the players will be Extremely upset about folks burning jerseys and season tickets while they are deciding which Ferrari to drive work !!

Reactions: Mr CockStrong

The league is a private organization. Anyone who is not an owner or a part of the commissioner's office has no clue about the league's bottom line nor any impacts to that bottom line. The player's salaries are public for the very reason of slanting the public's view that the owner's are giving away the farm.

If you think you know what the league is losing in terms of dollars you're a fool.

Reactions: dugood247
Stop lying you do care. Why else would you go on this pointless rant. BTW "Didn't know his place" comment is exactly what his protest is about ;)
That was the point of the "amirite" at the end of that sentence. ;)
I care that people care so much. I don't care about the Nike thing at all. I didn't even know what it was until someone told me what happened specifically a few days after everyone was up in arms about it.

The league is a private organization. Anyone who is not an owner or a part of the commissioner's office has no clue about the league's bottom line nor any impacts to that bottom line. The player's salaries are public for the very reason of slanting the public's view that the owner's are giving away the farm.

If you think you know what the league is losing in terms of dollars you're a fool.
I don't recall saying I knew any details regarding the bottom line of any NFL franchise. But, if you think the owners made the National Anthem/Kneeling controversy an off-season priority because it isn't negatively affecting them (after all, most of the businessmen appear to be all about the $), take another look in your fool-mirror...you missed the reflection.

The NFL IS a business, The players ARE employees. The NFL has less guaranteed money than MLB or the NBA and generally shorter careers.

Go Falcons!
Nailed it. I was going to say the same thing. Anyone who thinks NFL players have too much guaranteed money hasn't been paying attention. The NFLPA is one of the weakest unions in the country.
Also, it doesn't hurt that you're a fellow dirty bird fan. Rise up!

I like football period. I enjoy watching the NFL and I will continue to watch. But I will not support or buy Nike products anymore. But I will wear out the ones I got before I buy me some other brand. Just my personal conviction.

pros do. Oh well - I do that for baseball too, but not for the same reason. Guess this thread will be deleted if I make a disparaging remark about Nike, do I won`t do it.
Not a huge NFL fan and I happen to think the national anthem is an inappropriate time and place for a racial justice protest. That said, I would never boycott an entire league or sport based on the actions of a few, or the actions of an apparel company. If Under Armour does something we don't like are you gonna boycott the Gamecocks?

Likewise, I'm not going to boycott every movie that features some Hollywood liberal or refuse to eat a Chic-Fil-A sandwich just because my opinion on gay marriage differs from their owner.

We need to lighten the hell up and not turn everything into an issue that bitterly divides us.

Go Falcons!

That is pretty much what I said and the very reason I don't like pro sports. You will never convince me that a person who has more guaranteed money than incentive money is going to play as hard, particularity when that guaranteed money is well into the many millions. This is the kind of stuff you get with Unions. Add this to the fact that players are loyal to money, not the city/team and it makes for a very uninteresting game IMO. Why would I pull for a team whose players don't really care about the city they represent, just the money they get. To each his own.

Hey I got my Handicap down to low single digits, Thanks to more Golf On Sunday afternoons.. am also Kayaking with my Family on Sunday afternoons, I personally dont care one bit about the NFL.. Love College Football though and have become a fan of NHL... SO all you NFL fans enjoy, I wish you fans the best season ever...

Hey I got my Handicap down to low single digits, Thanks to more Golf On Sunday afternoons.. am also Kayaking with my Family on Sunday afternoons, I personally dont care one bit about the NFL.. Love College Football though and have become a fan of NHL... SO all you NFL fans enjoy, I wish you fans the best season ever...
You should send all the protesters an individual thank you. ;)

Reactions: cockofdawn
I don't recall saying I knew any details regarding the bottom line of any NFL franchise. But, if you think the owners made the National Anthem/Kneeling controversy an off-season priority because it isn't negatively affecting them (after all, most of the businessmen appear to be all about the $), take another look in your fool-mirror...you missed the reflection.

Really?

What is this?

Enjoy your life making yourself suffer. Money has always been the end point for entertainment (sports).

Quote: Are you NOT entertained?

As for me, I can hardly wait until the pros kick it off.

Really?

What is this?
Did I include details? Did I say "The NFL lost 2.9 billion in revenues?'

The majority of NFL owners made it clear they were very concerned about how the continued controversy would affect the league. In other words, how it would affect TV viewership (and the money that comes with those contracts), and other lucrative arrangements made by the league and its teams. If they thought the current state of affairs was good for business, they wouldn't have addressed it.

Personally, I don't care. I'm not an avid NFL watcher, but I'm hardly boycotting, either. Yeah, I stand for the anthem and the pledge. No, I don't place my hand over my heart, salute, or anything other than just stand, quietly and respectfully. I'm not some hugely patriotic guy. You? You just seem like some little guy who wants to start arguments because he thinks it makes him edgy and progressive.

NFL posted record earnings last year.
And with the billions getting ready to flow in with their connection with legalized gambling that's only gonna go up.
In-person attendance remained steady.
TV ratings dropped, but that as much due to dilution of the product, ie sheer number of games, as anything.
Polls have shown the majority of those "boycotting" the NFL didn't watch that much NFL to begin with, and the vast majority weren't ticket holder/buyers.

Whole boycott-the-NFL thing is the quintessential definition of much ado about nothing.

Reactions: rogue cock
NFL posted record earnings last year.
And with the billions getting ready to flow in with their connection with legalized gambling that's only gonna go up.
In-person attendance remained steady.
TV ratings dropped, but that as much due to dilution of the product, ie sheer number of games, as anything.
Polls have shown the majority of those "boycotting" the NFL didn't watch that much NFL to begin with, and the vast majority weren't ticket holder/buyers.

Whole boycott-the-NFL thing is the quintessential definition of much ado about nothing.

Boom !!!

Did any of you guys who said they will boycott Nike even watched the commercial? Very well done by Nike...just everyone is so focused on Kap they are missing the real meaning.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Did any of you guys who said they will boycott Nike even watched the commercial? Very well done by Nike...just everyone is so focused on Kap they are missing the real meaning.

Man I hear you, but on this board you are talking to the hand. I’m watching the NFL...always have and always will. With commercial unless I’m getting a beer or disposing of one.

Reactions: psmith5532
Well, It is a Bad thing in a way, Hell i only got 3 shots in My Member member..
RollLaugh
I played well this summer and now I face a long off-season (I live in MT now) with a low handicap. Makes the first tourney of the year in May quite difficult.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Haven't watched an NFL game or spent a penny on NFL stuff for two years now :) That's how it's done. One fan at a time deciding to put principles over entertainment.

So what did you think about millionaire Steve Spurrier quitting midway through his season then getting the rest of his paycheck for the entire season, essentially getting guaranteed millions for zero effort?

You may want to give up USC football as well then.

I think it was wrong and he left. If we had a coach that was doing that I would want him gone or I wouldn't watch SC football either.

I don't care if people watch the NFL or not. Just saying, you are kidding yourself if you think those guys making all that guaranteed money give two craps if they win or lose or what team they play for. Of course they act like they care, but the reality is that after a loss they get in their Lambo's, drive back to their mansions and all is ok.

Reactions: cocky4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT