ADVERTISEMENT

No offense to Orth but this leash needs to be really short

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
He played pretty well; but we MUST HAVE a mobile QB. We have tried to build this team around a read option scheme. Nunez is that QB right now. Develop his knowledge of the passing game

Soooo you think it will be a great idea to have a TRUE FRESHMAN playing AT UGA........wow.
That is insane.
Maybe a play or 5 but it's insane to want a TRUE FRESHMAN over Orth who looked good in his half of play.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
I did not say that at all...
I said....
If we struggle at UGA it is time to go all out w Nunez.
LOTS OF SCHOOLS in the sec and other conferences play Fr QBs
Why do we always feel we can't.?
It is never an ideal for any team; but sometimes you have to start prepping for future and which person best fits the IDENTITY or SCHEME of your team.

Reactions: nikolas22
Soooo you think it will be a great idea to have a TRUE FRESHMAN playing AT UGA........wow.
That is insane.
Maybe a play or 5 but it's insane to want a TRUE FRESHMAN over Orth who looked good in his half of play.
If we have to pull Orth what are our options? You have one choice.

Reactions: Tigerof66
I did not say that at all...
I said....
If we struggle at UGA it is time to go all out w Nunez.
LOTS OF SCHOOLS in the sec and other conferences play Fr QBs
Why do we always feel we can't.?
It is never an ideal for any team; but sometimes you have to start prepping for future and which person best fits the IDENTITY or SCHEME of your team.

Having a QB in that doesn't have a full grasp on the offense can lead to a lot of bad scenarios. Miscommunication in formations, lining up in wrong formations, bobbling snaps, missing handoffs, trying to force passes and throwing pics, and the number one is probably tucking it and trying to make things happen with his feet when there were open receivers on passing plays.
We've already lost a 3rd year QB. No sense in risking injury to one we thing will be a starter for the next few years.
I say start Orth or Scar and work Zo in slowly. They definitely need to have a few set plays ready for him to run, or a few series even which I'm sure they already did, But let's hope they can give him some learning time without having to scale back the entire offense too much and let him get more comfortable, learn more of the schemes and let him get used to the speed of the game without him feeling like it's all on his shoulders.

I just watched the replay on you tube, I will take Orth all day long, he is a film rat, knows the system, at UGA is a tough place to start on the road, but i believe he will play big.

You could see Orth was more ready to play on the 2 plays against UNC near the end of the first half, im excited to see Orth with a week of reps

He played pretty well; but we MUST HAVE a mobile QB. We have tried to build this team around a read option scheme. Nunez is that QB right now. Develop his knowledge of the passing game

I would get Nunez as a WR or RB a few times, just to get his feet wet should Orth goes down on an injury...

Get those butterflies out early at UGA...

But going with Nunez as the QB on the road is a team killer...

Reactions: NetworkX
I would get Nunez as a WR or RB a few times, just to get his feet wet should Orth goes down on an injury...

Get those butterflies out early at UGA...

But going with Nunez as the QB on the road is a team killer...

Why try to make him a hero and risk injury? He doesn't need that kind of pressure. He needs to see the speed of the game and learn the offense from the position he's going to play.

Play him 4-5 downs vs Uga and increase it as we go along. If he can run the offense and learn enough plays to be comfortable later in the season then the should give him a shot...if we need him. And I'm hoping we don't because that would mean we're losing more than we're winning.

I've never understood how freshman QB's with other teams can have success against us, but we never
seem to have one good enough or smart enough to start for us!

That is insane.
and our starter is a walkon.....i think our options are limited

Nunez is getting 50% of the snaps with the first team in practice. I wonder why the coaches would do that when Orth is clearly a superstar and savior who will take us to the promise land.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT