ADVERTISEMENT

NO ONE on this team can create a shot off the dribble

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
You don't have a sense of what they are trying to do on O. We do not seem to consistently try to feed anyone.
We have miserable outside shooting
NO ONE seems to be looking for the shot.
We do not have that Devan Downey that can drive and hit the little teardrop to quieter the crowd and stop the bleeding.
So many missed and awkward looking layup attempts

Great D...but no O!!!
Keep recruiting Frank!!!

That floating runner that Notice shoots is simply AWFUL. I see better touch in church league games.

He can't be allowed to do that. If it goes in - it's only luck

The most frustrating thing for me is that it appears Notice and Big Chat have improved tremendously while Thornwell seems to have taken a major step back. Last year, Thornwell could hit that little teardrop but no one else could hit a thing.

Originally posted by Poultry King:
You don't have a sense of what they are trying to do on O. We do not seem to consistently try to feed anyone.
We have miserable outside shooting
NO ONE seems to be looking for the shot.
We do not have that Devan Downey that can drive and hit the little teardrop to quieter the crowd and stop the bleeding.
So many missed and awkward looking layup attempts

Great D...but no O!!!
Keep recruiting Frank!!!
We are not trying to consistently feed anyone because.. WE DON'T HAVE A CONSISTENT SCORING THREAT! Who are going to give the ball to?

Thornell did did a better job with the ball in his hand last night, we need him to create his own shots and finish like he was able to do at times last night. In the other SEC games prior to last night, he looked slow and unsure when he had the ball in his hands. He seemed to be getting his swag back last night and that is a good sign! Stroman showed he could make some moves with the ball in his hands but he is really raw and needs to work on finishing when he gets where he is going... But when we do get inside the lane and the guy driving is shut down by their D, we don't have anyone on the outside who can drain a three when they are left open! That hurts our offense. There HAS TO BE SOMEONE who is a threat back there...

Except at the free throw line we shot pretty well last night. We were 50% from the floor and 50% from the free throw line. We made 8 three pointers. I'm more worried about all the fouls and turnovers this team constantly has problems with game after game.

Originally posted by Rollerdude123:
That floating runner that Notice shoots is simply AWFUL. I see better touch in church league games.

He can't be allowed to do that. If it goes in - it's only luck
Been watching Chris Paul too much and there is only one Chris Paul - its not just Notice , its an epidemic within college hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT