ADVERTISEMENT

Not a dime

You should never be a homer period. Homerism is group think.
To me, a homer is someone who pulls for his school’s teams, which should describe all of us. There is no blind allegiance involved, just fans. Perhaps the phrase your looking for is sunshine pumper -those who only see good even when the bad is obvious.

I think the only time “homer” has a negative connotation is when it comes to an announcer who should be neutral but is not. Ex: Gary Danielson calling a Saban Bama game.

To me, a homer is someone who pulls for his school’s teams, which should describe all of us. There is no blind allegiance involved, just fans. Perhaps the phrase your looking for is sunshine pumper -those who only see good even when the bad is obvious.

I think the only time “homer” has a negative connotation is when it comes to an announcer who should be neutral but is not. Ex: Gary Danielson calling a Saban Bama game.
I can respect that.

A Homer is the fan who year after year of mediocre performance says “aw, shucks, wait till next year” as they continuously hump Ray Tanner’s leg. A Homer is the guy who scolds other fans for being critical of a football coach who produces 2 or 3 win seasons and loses to cupcake teams. We all admire the Homers’ loyalty. But a Homer is loyal to the point where it does more harm then good for the overall betterment of the program. UofSC has a lot of Homers running around!!!!

A Homer is the fan who year after year of mediocre performance says “aw, shucks, wait till next year” as they continuously hump Ray Tanner’s leg. A Homer is the guy who scolds other fans for being critical of a football coach who produces 2 or 3 win seasons and loses to cupcake teams. We all admire the Homers’ loyalty. But a Homer is loyal to the point where it does more harm then good for the overall betterment of the program. UofSC has a lot of Homers running around!!!!
not true.

the more accurate definition of a homer, is a fan that wants the program to be successful, and will never ever lose that burning desire for the next season to be better. even if that means new staff, better players. win at all costs. the main point, is that a homer will NEVER LOSE FAITH in the betterment of the program. i’m a homer. was glad to see CWM get one more year to get a new offensive coordinator on the books, but even with covid, i knew it was time. was glad to see him go. i was not happy with bobo taking over. i’m willing to see changes. just make damn sure that the next season projects to be better that than previous.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Tanner has successfully destroyed two programs Football, and now Baseball, he needs to go I don't care if he won 100 baseball national titles as a coach he is harming USC atheltics.

Don't get your hopes up. The man who hired him is back home again. I like Pastidis, but he put Tanner in the AD's chair, and the our woes began.

#notaproblem. I’m sure your continued support of watching games and following an all gamecock message board is appreciated by the university.

i

Listen, it really doesn't matter until folks quit forking over the cash. That is why you just got a football coach that was basically the cheapest one they could find. That is why Frank Martin is still the basketball coach. The administration is confident that the fan base has become accustomed to, and has excepted, mediocrity. That mediocrity always tied to the promise that things are about to get better. Meanwhile, the powers that be are more than happy for the desperate fan base to keep the cash maching humming, and to cash those SEC checks, while making very little effort to compete for titles.

I think I’m a homer.
homersimpson.0.0.jpg

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT