ADVERTISEMENT

Not callng for BMac's firing, but why keep trying to run up...

Cockish

Apr 11, 2017
the middle on goal line possessions against clempson's stout D-line leading to obvious passing plays on 3rd & 4th downs? Someone who understands offensive schemes, please explain?

Yeah I wasn't too crazy about the play calls either on the 4th downs. I might would have tried a roll out to a tight end or something.

Reactions: Cockish
the middle on goal line possessions against clempson's stout D-line leading to obvious passing plays on 3rd & 4th downs? Someone who understands offensive schemes, please explain?
Denson runs hard, may could a slight push...only had to get 3-5 yards, so I don’t necessarily mind the run. I would have thought we may have seen Bentley pull one, a rub, or a TE crossing route. My biggest issue with the play call is that the passes were to the end line..if the pass wasn’t perfect, the receiver had no room to make a play.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wonder if we could have run Joyner or Ulrich out there just to run it in or put Debo in a Wildcat.

Reactions: Cockish
News flash....passing plays inside the 5 arent high percentage plays either.

2 of the runs up the middle were done while we were in an up tempo mode, so maybe you catch one guy off his assignment but they played it well. Later we ran a little outside toss play and that got eaten up too.
I wasnt very impressed with Clemson's DLine but it's hard to get those yards against future NFL bodies when they know your options are limited.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Bmac is probably considered in the elite class of OC’s with that game plan last night. He had their defense totally confused and they had no answer. He gave every team the map to beating Clemson. Their front 4 is good...beyond that...meh.
Their front 4 was a lot more pass blockable than I thought they'd be.

Reactions: davidusc
When you reach the red zone it limits the plays you can call, you either call a fade or quick slant but a slant would be right into the LB. Both the receiver and the DB only have a small area to make a play and most of the time it's a 50/50 ball anyway. If you can't get enough serge from the OL to move the ball 5 yds. you're screwed anyway.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT