ADVERTISEMENT

Not even upset or mad anymore ...

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
I was raging after the weak first half effort last week but not this week . Came to the Conclusion this week that 2010-2013 is an anomaly and this is who we have been and who we will be for the next 10 years . We are just a middle of the road team and have been for 100 years . Why get upset or set high expectations when it’s pointless . We will never be able to recruit to the level we need to break the ceiling without a guy like Spurrier coming along . We have a middle of the road culture and it just is what it is . Good effort by the D but we are just not there and probably won’t be for a while . We just are what we are and always have been . No point running this staff off because it won’t make a difference.

I was pretty mad this afternoon but I’ve since realized it doesn’t matter. What’s the point in being upset with something I can’t change. Best thing for GC fans is to stop going to the games. Stop spending money on garbage. Once they realize the seats are empty then maybe they’ll wake up.

I was pretty mad this afternoon but I’ve since realized it doesn’t matter. What’s the point in being upset with something I can’t change. Best thing for GC fans is to stop going to the games. Stop spending money on garbage. Once they realize the seats are empty then maybe they’ll wake up.
Nah. They'll fight with the fans first and blame their failures on us. The tension is there now.

Yeah, I just don't care so much anymore. When this offensive staff can't call plays that keeps the ball moving or believe in giving our backup QB a chance to show once again he throws a better pass then, "Que sera sera, whatever will be will be..."

This is the correct response. I'm a USC grad, but my love for the University isn't unconditional. I won't spend more energy supporting this tripe than the administration that puts it forth. It's their problem, not mine. And if they're not increasingly motivated to "fix" it, then so be it. I've got other hobbies and family interests to spend my time and money on.

I get 2 days off of work per week, and that’s if I’m lucky. I have learned that devoting an entire day to the Gamecocks not only eliminates of those days, but it also puts me in a bad mood. So I’m not going to go out of my way to support it anymore. If it’s on TV and I am available I will watch it, but I’ve got too many other things to do to let the Gamecocks ruin my weekend.

It’s a choice. Doesn’t make me less of a fan, but I’ll save money and time, so maybe it makes me smarter!

I get 2 days off of work per week, and that’s if I’m lucky. I have learned that devoting an entire day to the Gamecocks not only eliminates of those days, but it also puts me in a bad mood. So I’m not going to go out of my way to support it anymore. If it’s on TV and I am available I will watch it, but I’ve got too many other things to do to let the Gamecocks ruin my weekend.

It’s a choice. Doesn’t make me less of a fan, but I’ll save money and time, so maybe it makes me smarter!

This is very true. I'm the same way too - now. Add into your facts I'm at least 2.5 to 3.5 hours away one way. I've been a GCC member 30+ years and will keep my membership for the near future.

I don't know enough about football to know who is to blame, but my uninformed opinion is MIke should have gotten a chance. The Jake we saw all first half is the same guy we've seen for the past 3 years. Glad it was respectable, even though it doesn't matter. I'm glad because I gave my tickets to my god daughter who is a freshman at USC and at least there was some excitement for a little while.

Reactions: Sending an SOS
The previous posts pretty much sum up how I feel as well. Everybody I work with and hang out with knows how big of a Gamecock fan I am. Most people are pretty respectful talking sports with me but I get the little clemsuck jabs too. It’s always been tough to be a fan of this program and I’ll always support them but at some point you have to forget any expectations and focus on more important things. Hopefully one day it will come together but that looks a long ways off right now.

Reactions: uscfan1981
I agree totally. I work 3 jobs and bust my tail every week to provide for my family. I’ve realized there is no sense in wasting what little bit of free time I do have on this football program. We are mediocre and we’re not going to be a dominant team in the SEC. I’m just losing interest in a program that does nothing but frustrate, disappoint, and put me in a bad mood.

The good knews guys is I’m always torn during football season on my day off Sat ... do I fish ( the fall Redfish bite in Florida is insane) do I drive up to Alabama and hunt or do I watch the game . During the Spurrier run it was an extremely difficult decision . Not so much anymore !!!

Alot of rational and understandable posts in this thread. I echo the comments on coveting a day off on Saturday. That's exactly why I don't get season tickets anymore after years and years of holding them. I gave them up probably 15 years ago. At the time I was even having to ask people to cover me on some Saturdays when I was supposed to work. Travel time, work situation, other things that I could be doing, money spent to watch many times a poor performance.....just realized it was a bad decision in my life. I will still go to a couple of games @ WB a year but that's it. Our other games i watch on my big screen surround sound system 15 steps from my refrigerator, and 10 from the bathroom. Plus I can pause and go cut my grass if needed. I am a graduate of USC and my time there shaped who I am like all experiences in one's life. And I am proud to be be a Gamecock, but I believe you have to make sound decisions on your time. Also I don't let teenagers and millionaire coaches ruin my weekends anymore. I am over this Teas A&M loss, and honestly was over it before the teams had walked off the field.

I was raging after the weak first half effort last week but not this week . Came to the Conclusion this week that 2010-2013 is an anomaly and this is who we have been and who we will be for the next 10 years . We are just a middle of the road team and have been for 100 years . Why get upset or set high expectations when it’s pointless . We will never be able to recruit to the level we need to break the ceiling without a guy like Spurrier coming along . We have a middle of the road culture and it just is what it is . Good effort by the D but we are just not there and probably won’t be for a while . We just are what we are and always have been . No point running this staff off because it won’t make a difference.
Pretty much in the same boat.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I live in the Atlanta area so I head over to watch a game at WB every so often, but my best and oldest friend hasn't missed a home game in over 10 years, and it's an all day thing.
Tailgating before and after and the game itself. I admire his devotion, but I just don't get it.
That's a lot of monetary and emotional investment for not much return.

Some of you have found the hard truth. Those three years under Spurrier we're a bit of an anomaly that may not be seen again. And certainly not on a permanent basis. It is all about recruiting, and often USC finds itself taking leftovers from folks that we compete against. We can't recruit with UGA. Few can. Mullen is going to get things going again at UF, and sooner, or later, UT is going to get back to a competitive level. And not saying that a small state for recruiting is the problem. Clemson is in the same small state. In fact some of the better players we get in state is because Clemson is now recruiting a better player from elsewhere. But Clemson plays in the ACC. That schedule allowed them to win at a decent clip, and create excitement, while building their program. USC isn't going to have that advantage being in the SEC. This is basically a program that is going to win 6, 7, 8, games a year. That is the cold truth. The best one can hope for is for that magical season to come around from time to time where the talent at USC is at the max and a couple of opponents are having a down year.

Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT