ADVERTISEMENT

Not overly impressed with the staff....

After Ray Tanner fired Will Muschamp he said this, "....I think that it’s important that we get an offensive-oriented type of situation, whether it’s the head coach or fantastic coordinator, to move the needle in that capacity."

We then proceeded to hire a TE coach for HC and kept the OC that was 99th in the country in offense this past season.

U of SC is a complete joke.

After Ray Tanner fired Will Muschamp he said this, "....I think that it’s important that we get an offensive-oriented type of situation, whether it’s the head coach or fantastic coordinator, to move the needle in that capacity."

We then proceeded to hire a TE coach for HC and kept the OC that was 99th in the country in offense this past season.

U of SC is a complete joke.
Ray always says one thing and does another. Always. He said Lincoln Riley didn’t have enough head coaching experience but then hired a guy with none.lol

Not sure what some or all of you are expecting, Mike Bobo is a better OC than you are giving him credit for. Bobo hasn't been here long enough to blame him for Muschamp's failure.
Des Kitchings is one of the best RB Coaches in the Country, this obviously doesn't need an Explanation,

Tracy Rocker is 1 of the best DL coaches in the Country been to several SEC Stops. We have been trying to get Rocker to come here for years. Peterson has done a decent job for us or he wouldn't be retained.

Will friend has been responsible for coaching and recruiting some of the best O-lineman in the country at UT. Coached at UGA and Colo State with Bobo.

Kimrey like him personally, but I can't give a comment about his College Coaching yet.

We do need to hire a good DC.

I got on board and was pretty excited about Beamer being hired. I thought that he would have a really good staff, and there are 2 or 3 that I am happy with, but mostly(especially with OC)I am just disappointed. I will support him because he is the HC and I am a Fighting Gamecock til I die, but honestly IMO, this is really underwhelming.

I'm willing to bet that most of Carolina's problems and Florida's problems wasn't with the assistant coaches or coordinators... The problem started from the top and only the top...

I'm sure Muschamp had his hands and nose into everyone's business to the point of micromanage the staff and picked his favorite players to play...
I believe you are right.

What a bunch of armchairs! Fact is, 1. As much continuity as possible, 2. After talking to players, comfort level, 3. New blood in ST and well SB is an OC in his own right. 4. Last, take your time and dont listen to dumbasses on a 10 dollar a month board for advice. They cant afford the damn tickets much less make realistic contributions to the bottom line. Just sayin!

Our defensive line got pushed all over hell and back this year. No way you can claim that guy did a good job. And our offense was horrible particularly in the last half of the season. We lucked up on what has turned out to be a top flight RB in Harris. Not sure how much coaching had to to with his performance. Seems more like raw natural talent. I was hoping they would clean house with the entire staff. Keeping around reminders of last season is not a positive.

What a bunch of armchairs! Fact is, 1. As much continuity as possible, 2. After talking to players, comfort level, 3. New blood in ST and well SB is an OC in his own right. 4. Last, take your time and dont listen to dumbasses on a 10 dollar a month board for advice. They cant afford the damn tickets much less make realistic contributions to the bottom line. Just sayin!
Spin it baby, spin it.

Friend is an upgrade over Wolford. Kimrey's performance as a high school Head Coach is impressive. How can anyone be disappointed in the Lembo hire? Many here raved about the running game here. Peterson and Rocker certainly have the knowledge and experience (just believe they worked under an incompetent DC). The key is going to be to let Bobo run the offense as he sees fit and hire a great DC.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
if you are keeping almost half of the current staff. I am sure he knows better than me, but I honestly was expecting more, especially for the OC position after his initial press conference.
We are paying $15M to get rid of Muschamp, but are keeping half of the coaches who were hired by Muschamp and continuing to run Muschamp/Bobo’s 99th ranked offense. Makes perfect sense in Tanner World. I’m guessing we will not be running Oklahoma’s offense, unless there is a book somewhere entitled Oklahoma’s Offense for Dummies.

Friend is an upgrade over Wolford. Kimrey's performance as a high school Head Coach is impressive. How can anyone be disappointed in the Lembo hire? Many here raved about the running game here. Peterson and Rocker certainly have the knowledge and experience (just believe they worked under an incompetent DC). The key is going to be to let Bobo run the offense as he sees fit and hire a great DC.
And that could be considered "spin", too. I get that. But, as a fan, what can you do ? Might as well try to be optimistic.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Honestly, I think the cancer was cut out when BOOM! was fired and not allowed to stay on for the final games. Players apparently did not believe in him or they would have played better despite whatever they said.

Our defensive line got pushed all over hell and back this year. No way you can claim that guy did a good job. And our offense was horrible particularly in the last half of the season. We lucked up on what has turned out to be a top flight RB in Harris. Not sure how much coaching had to to with his performance. Seems more like raw natural talent. I was hoping they would clean house with the entire staff. Keeping around reminders of last season is not a positive.
Rocker just has been here 1 year. I'm sure their are many in the League who will testify to his credibility. Some of you fellows Must Be Undercover taters in disguise. Now I understand why some
fanbases think We Are IDIOTS. Some of us literally don't know what in Hades we are talking about. When Rocker does leave you can bet it will be for a better opportunity.

Reactions: garnet_reign
This was all very strategic. Keeping half the old staff helps us hold the 2021 recruiting class intact.

I have to wonder if keeping half the staff is worth that.

I do see Bobo as a built in excuse/scapegoat for Beamer.

He had to be retained to save money, and then he can serve as a sacrificial lamb when Beamer wants to show hes making changes in a year or two.

Reactions: Nosmelcregit
If Beamer hired Kimrey as OC, I'd give him credit for having huge balls, especially knowing the heat he'd take. But some of these coaches are being kept to save money. It sucks for Beamer that he's having to pay the price for Tanner's financial incompetence.

Some of you keep talking about what the Georgia fans think. As long as they keep letting the best quarterbacks in state history go to Clemson, they won’t like any of their OC’s. Dawg fans usually complain when they don’t run the ball every play. That was their complaint about Bobo when we beat them in Columbia.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Not sure what some or all of you are expecting, Mike Bobo is a better OC than you are giving him credit for. Bobo hasn't been here long enough to blame him for Muschamp's failure.
Des Kitchings is one of the best RB Coaches in the Country, this obviously doesn't need an Explanation,

Tracy Rocker is 1 of the best DL coaches in the Country been to several SEC Stops. We have been trying to get Rocker to come here for years. Peterson has done a decent job for us or he wouldn't be retained.

Will friend has been responsible for coaching and recruiting some of the best O-lineman in the country at UT. Coached at UGA and Colo State with Bobo.

Kimrey like him personally, but I can't give a comment about his College Coaching yet.

We do need to hire a good DC.
I absolutely believe mike bobo is SOLID and more importantly,I believe he will not be handcuffed,rather encouraged,by shane beamer to to open it up(oklahoma sooner style) and I believe in my heart that mike bobo will absolutely get it done.....and thats from a lifelong gamecocks fan,i don,t “hope“ for a winner every year,i am a realist and I understand the shortcomings of our school and our ABILITY to hire the very TOP coordinators in the country....(if you were linc rileys brother,etc...would you be racing over to Columbia to try to make your offensive scheme work behind OUR LINE???? No way. Especially not with all you whiners about what we are paying coaches...I absolutely don,t understand that by the way...WHO CARES WHAT WE PAY A COACH????pay them WHATEVER THE PRICE IS!!!!....PERIOD ...winning is all that matters and that COSTS MONEY...who cares how much...do you think Clemson alumni(or fans) care what brent veneables etc...get PAID...hell no,and unt we get past that,we will simply keep losing(and crying on $10 websites lol...

I absolutely believe mike bobo is SOLID and more importantly,I believe he will not be handcuffed,rather encouraged,by shane beamer to to open it up(oklahoma sooner style) and I believe in my heart that mike bobo will absolutely get it done.....and thats from a lifelong gamecocks fan,i don,t “hope“ for a winner every year,i am a realist and I understand the shortcomings of our school and our ABILITY to hire the very TOP coordinators in the country....(if you were linc rileys brother,etc...would you be racing over to Columbia to try to make your offensive scheme work behind OUR LINE???? No way. Especially not with all you whiners about what we are paying coaches...I absolutely don,t understand that by the way...WHO CARES WHAT WE PAY A COACH????pay them WHATEVER THE PRICE IS!!!!....PERIOD ...winning is all that matters and that COSTS MONEY...who cares how much...do you think Clemson alumni(or fans) care what brent veneables etc...get PAID...hell no,and unt we get past that,we will simply keep losing(and crying on $10 websites lol...
Yeah, that's the point. We should not be cheaping out by keeping Muschamp's coaches just because they are still under contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT