ADVERTISEMENT

NOT Until.....

t-zonie

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2002
we start waving cars and trucks and money, we shall ALWAYS BE stuck in the middle.
PERIOD! Ray does not seem to get that. We do not have the "tools" like Bama and Tatertown
to do this. What I mean by this is the persons that got the X-factors dad out of prison and moved
up here to Greenville - I think his name is Turniseed straight from Bama - we are stuck.

Reactions: NooNoo
we start waving cars and trucks and money, we shall ALWAYS BE stuck in the middle.
PERIOD! Ray does not seem to get that. We do not have the "tools" like Bama and Tatertown
to do this. What I mean by this is the persons that got the X-factors dad out of prison and moved
up here to Greenville - I think his name is Turniseed straight from Bama - we are stuck.

We dont and never have wanted it as much as the others. ( it: equals winning and competing in any and all sports.)

Clemson has aleays wanted it more
Alabama, Auburn, UGA , etc, The only team that didnt want it more than us is maybe Vandy

We had some good 11 wins seasons and I don't believe we paid one player.

Payments come in different forms, and Carolina was paying players during that time. The NCAA investigation and probation proved that, and your Rock Hill booster (bag man) was asked to remove himself from the program.

Like another poster said, every school who wants to win, blurs the lines in some fashion.

What are you saying that Ray Tanner should go out and hire a bag man? Ray should publicly start offering players? smh

Reactions: stevestrat2
Again I say ours sucks then. If there was one as supposedly generous and the influential as the alleged "Rock Hill Bagman", he should be so deep that Jesus himself wouldn't know him

Payments come in different forms, and Carolina was paying players during that time. The NCAA investigation and probation proved that, and your Rock Hill booster (bag man) was asked to remove himself from the program.

Like another poster said, every school who wants to win, blurs the lines in some fashion.
You just outed yourself as a lurker by referring to us and Carolina on your very 1st post on your very 1st day. BTW: The NCAA investigation didn't prove a damn thing that any other person off the street could have gotten just the same as our players did with the discount at the Whitney. I've never heard about any Rock Hill bagman. Please enlighten us.

WTF are you talking about. There was no such finding!

Dawgpound3113New Member
New

We had some good 11 wins seasons and I don't believe we paid one player.

This is a LIE! Spurrier has never been accused of paying players. SC has never been accused of "paying" players. Keep your lying AZZ out of here.

We lost Hamsah to FSU for 80k.

That's from Tony Morrell at a luncheon.

There's a reason his dad walked out halfway through the cookout at Muschamps house and sat in the car. There's a reason we keep losing blue chips that favor us.

We need a car wash in Florence.

You don't know that. Why do you mistake your opinions as facts you don't know that as truth. Did this guy just stop dishing out the $$ is why we went backwards? Come on man

The car wash you reference is true. Cannot be proven from what I know. The rest? I have no idea. I do know we are getting nowhere.

We lost Hamsah to FSU for 80k.

That's from Tony Morrell at a luncheon.

There's a reason his dad walked out halfway through the cookout at Muschamps house and sat in the car. There's a reason we keep losing blue chips that favor us.

We need a car wash in Florence.

Absolutely true I believe. Hate saying that.

QUOTE="E-Cut_22, post: 3391987, member: 10704"]We dont and never have wanted it as much as the others. ( it: equals winning and competing in any and all sports.)

Clemson has aleays wanted it more
Alabama, Auburn, UGA , etc, The only team that didnt want it more than us is maybe Vandy[/QUOTE]

????????????????????????

I am from RH. Clemson did not sign a Rock Hill recruit for 30 years. The streak went from '89 or '90 with Tim Jones until Clemson offered a DL from NW on signing day maybe 5 yrs ago to get one recruit from the Rock. This was during the glory days of "Football Town, USA" and all the draft pics from RH.

Do I know of any illegal activity, nope. But there is not a person in town that could not name two influential people that I am sure this guy is referring to. I have heard the rumor as well that one of these guys was asked to step away from the program, but I do not know.

I'm not from Rock Hill but we have seemed to have a pretty good monopoly on that town.

Wish we could say that for the rest of the state.

This guy? His title is does not hide much "Director of reruiting & external affairs"

What all falls under the external affair job duties?, LOL

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208336361

I really wish the NFL would start a farm program like baseball so the players good enough to be paid could go that route legally. It would change the college game a lot but then the real students could go to school and the guys majoring in football could start working towards making the league.

Again I say ours sucks then. If there was one as supposedly generous and the influential as the alleged "Rock Hill Bagman", he should be so deep that Jesus himself wouldn't know him

Right, Swiss bank accounts and money laundering that can never be traced!

Last edited:
This guy? His title is does not hide much "Director of reruiting & external affairs"

What all falls under the external affair job duties?, LOL

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208336361
We do NOT have any of these! This is the guy that moved the X-factor's dad (a long time Gamecock fan) to Greenville. Now, he may not have to had to put much money into the X's hands, however, how much did the tater organization place into the "correct" hands to make this happen! We (Ray) and our BOD's are not that smart. So the beat down continues. It is no longer about playing above the board is it? This will probably be my last year to continue pouring money into the ocean! Folks, football pays most of the bills unless your are a tar hole!

Reactions: USCBIRDS
Whitney??? Need I say more? And if you are ignorant enough to believe USC does not engage in illegal activity then I'm not sure what else to tell you. In most cases, all schools do some sort of shady stuff

Dumb post. There's a big difference in institutional cheating (benefits provided or paid for directly or indirectly by the school) and students who individually or collectively managed to get a discount on their rent. USC was not a part of Whitney in any way, and the only thing the NCAA could accuse us for was "Failure To Monitor". That basically means big brother wasn't watching every move or purchase individual players made on their own time and own dime. It was a ridiculous exercise by the NCAA, but they had to respond somehow because an adversarial journalist at The State News made the accusation in a published news rag.

USC tried to act honorably and self-impose our own penalty which the NCAA accepted. Other schools and the NCAA applauded USC's cooperation and response saying it was a model for how it should be done. Meanwhile behind closed doors, those same AD's and coaches laughed, looked st each other, and collectively said .... "SUCKERS!"

Do you honestly think Clemson, GA, NC, AU, AL, etc... would admit to any such accusation? Heck no! Their way of dealing with these type of accusations is to admit nothing, and counter litigate!

Hey, did you guys know that Carolina is the only program in America that is completely clean and everyone around us is so dirty.

Wake up. You will believe what you want to believe. You will always assume that everyone is cheating and Carolina is not. I think everyone cheats. Now, I am not sure how much the schools know about it or if it is all boosters, but for sure everyone knows about the side deals and extra benefits that athletes get. It is a joke to assume it does not happen here

- The NCAA's final report revised up the total of impermissible benefits by $4,000 to $59,000.

- The NCAA found the Whitney Hotel charged a rate of $14.95 per athlete for two-bedroom suites. The NCAA said the rate should've been more than $57 per night for each athlete. One football player who spent more than year at the hotel, the NCAA said, received an extra benefit worth $19,280.

- Former South Carolina compliance director Jennifer Stiles had said the hotel rate was comparable to other available off-campus housing. The NCAA called her assessment "flawed" in correspondence from 2010, and said the school should have compared the rate to the price for others who stayed at the Whitney long term.

- The NCAA also alleged that South Carolina received $8,000 in improper benefits from the Student Athlete Mentoring Foundation. SAMF president Steve Gordon and treasurer Kevin Lahn were found to have paid for several unofficial visits by Gamecocks freshman receiver Damiere Byrd. Both Gordon and Lahn are South Carolina graduates.

- Lahn also paid for a $3,350 dinner cruise on nearby Lake Murray for several prospects.

- The university has disassociated itself from three boosters; Gordon, Lahn, and Whitney general manager Jamie Blevins.

- Questions about agents have had a significant impact on South Carolina. The Gamecocks threw the star tight end Weslye Saunders off the team because of problems involving agents

ADVERTISEMENT