ADVERTISEMENT

#Notadimers

bigsirspur

Nov 12, 2012
Congratulations on your viral movement. For the benefit of the administration, could you please each list out how much money you donate to the University each year (not including ticket purchases or buying a soda at the concession stand) and what level of membership you are at in the Gamecock Club. For budgeting purposes, I think it's important for everyone to know exactly how many millions the school brought in last year in donations that it will not have in the coming year.

Make donations in $2 bills with Block C stamped on them!

I'm guessing that would be an increase for some of the #notadimers. #notadime is likely what some of them have been giving. I'm also guessing that some have been donating, but they will continue to do so because, at the end of the day, they're not giving up their seats. What else would they do?

I'm guessing that would be an increase for some of the #notadimers. #notadime is likely what some of them have been giving. I'm also guessing that some have been donating, but they will continue to do so because, at the end of the day, they're not giving up their seats. What else would they do?

That’s the dilemma. You know we will be good again one day, and when that day comes you want to have the same or better seats.

I've got the best seat in the house-my living room

How much do you give? I’ll share if you share.

That's fair. Not one dime. Haven't for years. I give to charities. The amounts I have to spare can make a small difference at a very local level, but are wasted on the money sucking black hole that has become college sports. I cheer. I still buy some fan stuff, but I don't donate to schools. What is happening in college sports makes me uncomfortable, and it is only going to get far worse.

Congratulations on your viral movement. For the benefit of the administration, could you please each list out how much money you donate to the University each year (not including ticket purchases or buying a soda at the concession stand) and what level of membership you are at in the Gamecock Club. For budgeting purposes, I think it's important for everyone to know exactly how many millions the school brought in last year in donations that it will not have in the coming year.
Why wouldn't they include ticket prices and concessions? Revenue is revenue. If attendance is down, either out of protest or because folks just dont enjoy watching Muschamp's brand of football, wouldn't all lost revenue be important to the discussion?

That's fair. Not one dime. Haven't for years. I give to charities. The amounts I have to spare can make a small difference at a very local level, but are wasted on the money sucking black hole that has become college sports. I cheer. I still buy some fan stuff, but I don't donate to schools. What is happening in college sports makes me uncomfortable, and it is only going to get far worse.
I can respect that. I just renewed my silver spur membership yesterday but I don’t think I’ll be buying season tickets next season. I am pretty sure I will be able to get seats in my section in the future if I decide to buy tickets again. If we make any bowl games I have more than enough points to cover that. I basically kept my membership for me, not for them.

Reactions: Tall Squirrel
I just keep shifting some dollar$ towards Dawn Staley's program & the ever affordable Softball team. Going to the softball field helps rekindle my memories of ballgames at the Sarge.

That's a very good point, and I shouldn't have made my statement so broad. If you can do something to help the non-revenue sports or women's sports (WBB is revenue generating), that is definitely worthy and likely helpful as long as it adds to what they get and the school isn't just moving the money elsewhere in a bookkeeping maneuver. But good point, and I should have thought of that.

I don’t “donate” a dime. This is a free board, in case you missed it. Every time I give money to the university, I expect to receive something in return (B.A., J.D., tickets, parking, merchandise, etc.). If you’re looking for big wig donors, you might want to head over to TIF, because I don’t think they hang out here. I believe what the #notadimers intend is to not spend any more money on expenditures that directly benefit the athletic department, such as Gamecock Club, season tickets and parking. I took up the cause after the Belk Bowl, although I did foolishly attend the nightmare against UNC and purchased my tickets from the university. No use crying over spilled milk, says I, because there will be no more until our inept administration and coaches get to stepping.

I can respect that. I just renewed my silver spur membership yesterday but I don’t think I’ll be buying season tickets next season. I am pretty sure I will be able to get seats in my section in the future if I decide to buy tickets again. If we make any bowl games I have more than enough points to cover that. I basically kept my membership for me, not for them.
What is annual contribution for Silver Spur if you don't mind me asking? Also, what is higher than Silver Spur in club? Life member or something?

Disregard. I found the info. Diamond spur is highest. $31k a year

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they include ticket prices and concessions? Revenue is revenue. If attendance is down, either out of protest or because folks just dont enjoy watching Muschamp's brand of football, wouldn't all lost revenue be important to the discussion?

Perhaps next season, but not necessarily. Your point is valid only if you give up your seats and nobody buys them. I'm not convinced the #notonedime "movement" is going to have that effect. I think the consequence of not paying $18MM so that some people can just bitch about the next pick ("we waited too long and lost out on ____," "that's not who I would have picked") could be a loss to the University tens of dollars at most. Note: Not one person has stated they are dropping their Gamecock Club membership or even level (although that is a natural occurrence that happens every year) There is one silver spur above (gotta respect that that level of commitment), but the most he apparently is considering doing is giving up his tickets, which is fine and normal. And I'm not trying to criticize him.

Is anyone actually giving up their membership and, if so, how much?

How much in annual donations is this #notonedime "movement" actually worth?

What is annual contribution for Silver Spur if you don't mind me asking? Also, what is higher than Silver Spur in club? Life member or something?
$3500 but it more than doubles to the next level (Garnet Spur). It’s halfway on the donations levels pretty much. It’s the minimum to get premium seating and when I started I was lucky enough to get my Zone seats so I just held on to them ever since. I’ve even maneuvered around twice over the years in the Zone but I have yet to get my aisle seats I want.lol Seat donation is $1100 on top of the GCC dues.

Reactions: sclawman77
How much do you give? I’ll share if you share.

tenor.gif

That’s the dilemma. You know we will be good again one day, and when that day comes you want to have the same or better seats.

What makes you so certain we'll be good again one day? Honestly, we've been passed back by programs we passed in the first half of this decade....& a motivated Steve Spurrier ain't walking through our doors. We're honestly probably about the 13th best program in the SEC right now.

Reactions: lostcock
I joined the Gamecock Club at the Half Scholarship level upon graduation in 1984. At one point I was buying 6 season tickets, but as family dynamics changed, I cut back to four, and now two. My plan is drop my level of giving, but stay in the system with my earned points. I will not be buying season tickets next year. Until changes are made at the AD and/or HC level, I will not go back into WB. We have several deeded parking spaces behind the East Upper on Key Road, so I may continue to tailgate there without going into the stadium (as I did last Saturday). My contributions obviously won't make a dent into the millions lost that you seek, but it is my way as an alumnus to make a statement, however small that may be! It sickens me to consider this option, but I feel that under our current leadership, the hole has gotten deeper and deeper. Firing a few assistants does not equate to having enough fingers to plug all the leaking holes in the dike. Because of an $18 million buyout, the University is simply delaying the inevitable, and by the time it becomes affordable in their minds, I'm afraid the program will be in an inoperable situation.

Acc to stats from the Gamecock Club (http://thegamecockclub.com/benefits/)

There are 13 Diamond Spur ($31,500)
43 Platinum Spur ($15,750)
121 Golden Spur ($10,500)
98 Garnet Spur ($7,350)
1036 Silver Spur ($3,500)
1848 Full Scholarship ($1,600)
2332 Half Scholarship ($760)
2404 Roundhouse ($400)
3039 Century ($175)
1184 Roost ($100)

Premium seat donations add another $1,500 per seat, and then you get to buy the ticket. Wanna see some real eye-popping prices, look at what suites cost in donations, fees, and rent: https://thegamecockclub.com/premium-seating/

A few #notonedimers posting here is not keeping the AD staff up at night unless your name happens to appear at some of these higher levels. With a budget over $125MM per year, there is going to need to be a whole lot of you actually withholding money.

But so far, nobody has posted "I donated ___ and I am stopping." Not one. A couple of people have said they will or might reduce or stop buying tickets, certainly well within normal turnover (I was part of that a few years ago as are others as situations change and kids grow up). But no actual pledges to stop supporting the school financially. Typical 2019 hashtag BS. Virtue signalling with no real substance.

Reactions: Progcockstin8r

98 Garnet Spur ($7,350)
2404 Roundhouse ($400)
3039 Century ($175)
1184 Roost ($100)

Premium seat donations add another $1,500 per seat, and then you get to buy the ticket. Wanna see some real eye-popping prices, look at what suites cost in donations, fees, and rent: https://thegamecockclub.com/premium-seating/

A few #notonedimers posting here is not keeping the AD staff up at night unless your name happens to appear at some of these higher levels. With a budget over $125MM per year, there is going to need to be a whole lot of you actually withholding money.

But so far, nobody has posted "I donated ___ and I am stopping." Not one. A couple of people have said they will or might reduce or stop buying tickets, certainly well within normal turnover (I was part of that a few years ago as are others as situations change and kids grow up). But no actual pledges to stop supporting the school financially. Typical 2019 hashtag BS. Virtue signalling with no real substance.
Zone is the “cheapest” premium seating at $1100, 600 level is $1300 I think and then it goes to $1600 and $1800 for the 200 clubs. I can’t speak for the other premium seating but the Zone saw a lot of people drop out when the tax write off went away. That’s when I was able to move to pretty much wherever I wanted except for aisle seats I was hoping to get.
I’ve never bought a parking space though, there’s no value in it for me. I can see why people do it though but I would hate being tied to something like that and have to pay property tax on even if I gave up my tickets.

My family joined the club in 1983, with the hiring of Joe Morrison. We've had four tickets on the 50 yard line for many years. Have traveled all over the southeast to out of town games. Love the Gamecocks. However, when my father's health began to decline we gave it all up for the comfort of watching from our living rooms (great food, recliner seating, and good company). My father passed in 2018. My brother passed two months ago. Both were huge Gamecock fans. They don't get any bigger, trust me. I've got signed balls, helmets, posters, etc. from many of the players and coaches. I'm an alumni from 1990. I'll forever be a Gamecock. That said, like many, I am very disappointed in the current state of the football program. And I've often voiced my frustrations with CWM on this forum. I think many of us feel like he's a great talker when it comes to X's and O's. Maybe a pretty good recruiter. But it's his gameday coaching, ability to develop talent and assistant hiring decisions that continue to bewilder me. I'm going to wait and see what happens with the S&C and OC positions, before I decide whether or not to temporarily support things like this #Notadime. I also want to see how this recruiting class ends.

98 Garnet Spur ($7,350)
2404 Roundhouse ($400)
3039 Century ($175)
1184 Roost ($100)

If we are of so little consequence, why did you go to the trouble to post that wordy rant? Typical 2019 whiny internet warrior. Btw, still waiting to see how much YOU donate.

My family joined the club in 1983, with the hiring of Joe Morrison. We've had four tickets on the 50 yard line for many years. Have traveled all over the southeast to out of town games. Love the Gamecocks. However, when my father's health began to decline we gave it all up for the comfort of watching from our living rooms (great food, recliner seating, and good company). My father passed in 2018. My brother passed two months ago. Both were huge Gamecock fans. They don't get any bigger, trust me. I've got signed balls, helmets, posters, etc. from many of the players and coaches. I'm an alumni from 1990. I'll forever be a Gamecock. That said, like many, I am very disappointed in the current state of the football program. And I've often voiced my frustrations with CWM on this forum. I think many of us feel like he's a great talker when it comes to X's and O's. Maybe a pretty good recruiter. But it's his gameday coaching, ability to develop talent and assistant hiring decisions that continue to bewilder me. I'm going to wait and see what happens with the S&C and OC positions, before I decide whether or not to temporarily support things like this #Notadime. I also want to see how this recruiting class ends.
Sorry for your loss. I can imagine it’s not the same anymore going to the games without your dad or brother.

I would gladly post it but you couldn't see it because your head is so far up Muschamp's ass

If we are of so little consequence, why did you go to the trouble to post that wordy rant? Typical 2019 whiny internet warrior. Btw, still waiting to see how much YOU donate.

I answered that already. I'll accept the wordy criticism, but I'm not the one whining. I don't have an entitlement mentality or some belief that USC owes me a winning team because it's not about us. It's supposed to be about the student athletes. And I don't make empty hashtag threats, which the #notonedime thing seems to be.

Reactions: SCexpat38
About 3.5% of pre-tax income. Which is more than you free-riders that think we should accept the financial mismanagement of the program in silence.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Sorry for your loss. I can imagine it’s not the same anymore going to the games without your dad or brother.
Thank you. You're right. Those were two of the closest men in my life. Both Marines. Both very big Gamecock fans. Bot are missed. Glad they saw the SOS years, and the two baseball championships. My dad was a huge Carolina baseball fan...long before the glory days.

I answered that already. I'll accept the wordy criticism, but I'm not the one whining. I don't have an entitlement mentality or some belief that USC owes me a winning team because it's not about us. It's supposed to be about the student athletes. And I don't make empty hashtag threats, which the #notonedime thing seems to be.
Why should you be entitled? You give zero.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
Want to have some real fun, add up all your club and ticket donations since you started donating. Then add in travel games, gas, parking, airfare etc. We dropped our half scholly and tickets we have had since the early 80's a couple years ago. Some great times, a ton of bad football/basketball. Despite all that, what really soured me was walking around the stadium trying to recoup anything for unused tickets. It was time to go. I did retain a century club membership and I still buy single games from somewhere and a mobile pass for basketball. There were staff bball and football tickets in the extended family, they have tossed those too. Maybe notadime needs to be renamed notagame, sittingscout or cutscdonations to get their attention, yet allow donors to stay somewhat involved in supporting the schollies, but not the coaching. Additionally, the admin over there needs to act like they appreciate the fan support instead of constantly telling us what they are doing for us. Other than the players efforts, which I generally always appreciate, the admins/coaches actions are no cost/benefit win for the donors

Ultimately, the market will decide if keeping Muschamp another year or more proves profitable, regardless of the results of an informal poll on FGF. I'm sure a lot of Gamecock Club members, especially at the upper levels, do so out of some charitable interest, but it's my opinion that most season ticket holders pay whatever they pay in their own self interest. They pay the money in order to insure they can get the tickets they want, whether its tickets at a specific spot in the stadium or, in years past, tickets anywhere in the stadium. I've long since moved away from South Carolina and dropped my GCC membership. When I dropped it, I didnt drop it out of protest, but simply dropped it once I determined it was no longer cost effective for me. I was able to buy tickets on the secondary market equal to or better than my season tickets without having to make a sizable donation and without having to buy tickets for games I really didnt care to watch. My guess is that the fanbase enthusiasm entering next season will lead a lot of folks to make that same determination about their own tickets/club memberships. Will it be MOST club members? Probably not. I expect it would be mostly among those who are already near the fulcrum in that decision making process - those who are already making the biggest financial sacrifice relative to their income and/or those who drive the farthest to attend games.

Regardless how much revenue is lost by keeping Muschamp, the measure for comparison is not $18.5 million. If he is fired after next year, the buyout is still about $15 million. So, unless Muschamp makes the turnaround next year that everyone hopes he does, the cost of firing him this year instead of next year is only $3.5 million. It's entirely conceivable that another .500 or less season would see football revenues fall by an amount in excess of $3.5m. Lost ticket sales, and yes, even concessions, along with parking fees and reductions in club level giving all add up to lost revenue.

Ultimately, the market will decide if keeping Muschamp another year or more proves profitable, regardless of the results of an informal poll on FGF. I'm sure a lot of Gamecock Club members, especially at the upper levels, do so out of some charitable interest, but it's my opinion that most season ticket holders pay whatever they pay in their own self interest. They pay the money in order to insure they can get the tickets they want, whether its tickets at a specific spot in the stadium or, in years past, tickets anywhere in the stadium. I've long since moved away from South Carolina and dropped my GCC membership. When I dropped it, I didnt drop it out of protest, but simply dropped it once I determined it was no longer cost effective for me. I was able to buy tickets on the secondary market equal to or better than my season tickets without having to make a sizable donation and without having to buy tickets for games I really didnt care to watch. My guess is that the fanbase enthusiasm entering next season will lead a lot of folks to make that same determination about their own tickets/club memberships. Will it be MOST club members? Probably not. I expect it would be mostly among those who are already near the fulcrum in that decision making process - those who are already making the biggest financial sacrifice relative to their income and/or those who drive the farthest to attend games.

Regardless how much revenue is lost by keeping Muschamp, the measure for comparison is not $18.5 million. If he is fired after next year, the buyout is still about $15 million. So, unless Muschamp makes the turnaround next year that everyone hopes he does, the cost of firing him this year instead of next year is only $3.5 million. It's entirely conceivable that another .500 or less season would see football revenues fall by an amount in excess of $3.5m. Lost ticket sales, and yes, even concessions, along with parking fees and reductions in club level giving all add up to lost revenue.
Donating to football booster clubs is a twofer for donors in that they get to support these kids in school and get tickets. Of course, as we know here, that does not guarantee a good product. Your point that it is a selfish investment is going to be tested as players start being paid and attendance at games generally continues to fall. I suspect your point is right. Maybe booster clubs will need a new model.

Did the OP consider the possibility that many of his intended targets looked at the thread title and just kept scrolling without even nothering to read it?

People are going to do what they want regardless. No one is going make me buy a ticket if I don't want to go and no one is going to stop me if I do. How good the team does effect me for that, but those that go just as social event I don't think any official boycott is going effect them in anyway. If you were serious you'd get more organized and buy a bunch of alcohol and food to have huge tailgate party right outside the stadium with huge Fire Muschamp signs everywhere and come up with clever rhymes to chant making fun of Ray Tanner. As of now all you have to offer is telling people not to have their fun on Saturday.

People are going to do what they want regardless. No one is going make me buy a ticket if I don't want to go and no one is going to stop me if I do. How good the team does effect me for that, but those that go just as social event I don't think any official boycott is going effect them in anyway. If you were serious you'd get more organized and buy a bunch of alcohol and food to have huge tailgate party right outside the stadium with huge Fire Muschamp signs everywhere and come up with clever rhymes to chant making fun of Ray Tanner. As of now all you have to offer is telling people not to have their fun on Saturday.

I was with you until the final sentence. As a #notadimer, the whole reason for the boycott is because going to games is no longer fun. Why should fans make the investment of time and money when success is clearly not a priority for the administration? Its not a whole lot of fun getting our a$$es kicked by the likes of Clemson, App St., Mizzou, UNC, etc. With that being said, if you manage to still have fun watching the sh!tshow on the field, it's your right to continue going.

What makes you so certain we'll be good again one day? Honestly, we've been passed back by programs we passed in the first half of this decade....& a motivated Steve Spurrier ain't walking through our doors. We're honestly probably about the 13th best program in the SEC right now.

The worm will turn. Day will follow night. Night may last seven more years this time or more, but eventually sun will shine on Carolina football once again. Hope we are all alive to see it.

And, I would say we have a better program than Vandy and Arky for sure. We’re in the same bucket as Mizzou, Miss State, Ole Miss, and modern day Tennessee. So that means we are anywhere from the 7th to 12th best program.

#notadime is their bank balance

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT