ADVERTISEMENT

#Notadimers

I get the mindset behind the original post, but other than the fact that OP is a hypocrite who wants to make fun of people who don't give "enough" despite the fact that he gives nothing, he's missing an important point.

Even if it's some new grad at the Century level who has two seats in the East Upper, that person is going to age, make more money, buy better seats, have children who become fans, etc. But, if that person says you know what, for me these seats are expensive and it's not fun anymore so I'm going to drop my tickets, a good portion of those people never come back even when the team improves. People sit at home for a season and realize it's pretty comfortable to watch those September afternoon games in the comfort of their own living room, not baking in the upper deck and pissing in a trough. Maybe they catch a couple of games per year in person, but they don't get back to annual donations and season tickets.

So sure, in the immediate term, it probably doesn't matter that much to the school if fans get fed up and give up their tickets. But if the administration is smart, it will fight like hell to keep the fans, even the ones in the cheap seats that you seem to think aren't worthy of concern, because a lot of those folks are the core of your fanbase and the future big donors. The attitude that only the currently rich fans matter is short sighted and stupid.

For the record, I have west upper seats and am probably among the donors OP would deem "not worthy of concern." But I sat in my cheap seats and sweated my ass off for Charleston Southern and swam up to my seats for the Florida game. Unless something drastic happens, I won't be doing that next year.

I get the mindset behind the original post, but other than the fact that OP is a hypocrite who wants to make fun of people who don't give "enough" despite the fact that he gives nothing, he's missing an important point.

Even if it's some new grad at the Century level who has two seats in the East Upper, that person is going to age, make more money, buy better seats, have children who become fans, etc. But, if that person says you know what, for me these seats are expensive and it's not fun anymore so I'm going to drop my tickets, a good portion of those people never come back even when the team improves. People sit at home for a season and realize it's pretty comfortable to watch those September afternoon games in the comfort of their own living room, not baking in the upper deck and pissing in a trough. Maybe they catch a couple of games per year in person, but they don't get back to annual donations and season tickets.

So sure, in the immediate term, it probably doesn't matter that much to the school if fans get fed up and give up their tickets. But if the administration is smart, it will fight like hell to keep the fans, even the ones in the cheap seats that you seem to think aren't worthy of concern, because a lot of those folks are the core of your fanbase and the future big donors. The attitude that only the currently rich fans matter is short sighted and stupid.

For the record, I have west upper seats and am probably among the donors OP would deem "not worthy of concern." But I sat in my cheap seats and sweated my ass off for Charleston Southern and swam up to my seats for the Florida game. Unless something drastic happens, I won't be doing that next year.
Best post ever. Whether some notice or not this state is shifting big time towards orange. Our school is so short sighted and reactive. Zero vision for the future.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

Respect.

Why does OPie think fans shouldn't deserve a better product, even if each only buys one ticket?

I already know the answer, though. The money will continue to roll in, regardless of the outcome of the football contest.

Even this year, universities with far less resources are showing initiative to become better at the breadwinner, football. Not SCar, though.

I get that folks want to hold their tickets waiting on better times to come and that's cool, just don't go into the games. There is nothing worse than seeing a half empty stadium on TV especially when somebody like UGA or Florida is in town. Frankly its better to tailgate and watch the game or at least change the channel after mind blowing decisions from Champ.

What I fear most is becoming irrelevant, like Vandy/Ole Miss irrelevant. We are still only 6 years gone from the last 11-2 and among all the things SOS got right, he proved you can win and win big here (3 straight 11-2 seasons). But it feels like things are slowly slipping away and the OWG BOT and Ray Tanner are letting it happen over a measly amount of dough which we could easily afford.

Enough bitching from me. Just stop going inside the stadium or as far as Frank is concerned, the arena.

Ironic, considering that it doesn’t appear that you are a paying member of this website...are you poor or just cheap? Either way, your blind loyalty obviously isn’t benefiting the university in the form of donations, either.

lol.....poor....ahh no. People build wealth by not doing stupid stuff like paying for information that’s not relevant. So if your asking why I don’t “pay” to get “inside” information on whether or not little 17 year old Johnny may or may not come to my school......this is my answer. I will find out the real truth on signing day. But hey.....if your concern is to know who sprained an ankle in morning practice before it becomes public knowledge, by all means pay for it.

Reactions: Progcockstin8r
lol.....poor....ahh no. People build wealth by not doing stupid stuff like paying for information that’s not relevant. So if your asking why I don’t “pay” to get “inside” information on whether or not little 17 year old Johnny may or may not come to my school......this is my answer. I will find out the real truth on signing day. But hey.....if your concern is to know who sprained an ankle in morning practice before it becomes public knowledge, by all means pay for it.
Fair enough. Now how much do you give as a booster?

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
It seems like you would understand, then, that exercising the discretion NOT to invest in certain products or programs is actually a prudent financial move, and by no means a sign of being impoverished.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I raised hell after Muschamp's last extension and raise and got hammered by the same people. They think we should pay huge raises and they don't give anything.

And I am not one of those people. I agree with you that contract was asinine at that point. We beat 9 mediocre to bad teams and could have easily lost 3 or 4 of them. A one year extension should have been the max.

Not it isn't. But you answered my question by not answering it. You have no skin in the game.

It was a retort to your “to cheap to join the insiders forum” comment. I find it comical you think I owe you an answer to anything to do with my finances and what I contribute to the university. I was giving a half scholarship two years after I graduated in 1985. Had season tickets for 32 years after that. Anything else you would like to know there hot rod. Not giving money to the university is not going to make the University fire muschamp and pay that buy out quicker. If the University has money and the fans are disgruntled chances are it’s easier to buy him out. Not supporting the school is not my approach.

Last edited:
It was a retort to your “to cheap to join the insiders forum” comment. I find it comical you think I owe you an answer to anything to do with my finances and what I contribute to the university. I was giving a half scholarship two years after I graduated in 1985. Had season tickets for 32 years after that. Anything else you would like to know there hot rod. Not giving money to the university is not going to make the University fire muschamp and pay that buy out quicker. If the University has money and the fans are disgruntled chances are it’s easier to buy him out. Not supporting the school is not my approach.
I never said anything about the insiders forum. Wrong person, bud.

So, your unconditional support is moral support? Cool.

They're not paying that buyout until the boosters they actually care stop stroking checks and the stadium empties out. It's all about money and they'll keep doing what they're doing until it disappears.

I really don't understand these "who's the biggest fan" threads. If you enjoy watching us go 4-8, keep buying your season tickets. If you don't enjoy it, spend your money somewhere else. If you view Gamecock athletics as a worthwhile charity, continue to make your tax deductible contributions. If you'd rather make charitable contributions to organizations that work to cure childhood cancer or feed hungry people, make your contributions there. Nobody is going to convince the other side about how to spend their money.

Having said that, I think the laws of economics as they apply to modern college sports dictate that attendance and revenue _WILL_ drop as wins decrease if all other factors remain the same.

I never said anything about the insiders forum. Wrong person, bud.

So, your unconditional support is moral support? Cool.

They're not paying that buyout until the boosters they actually care stop stroking checks and the stadium empties out. It's all about money and they'll keep doing what they're doing until it disappears.

You are correct...my apologies. You replied to my response to that guy.

I was with you until the final sentence. As a #notadimer, the whole reason for the boycott is because going to games is no longer fun. Why should fans make the investment of time and money when success is clearly not a priority for the administration? Its not a whole lot of fun getting our a$$es kicked by the likes of Clemson, App St., Mizzou, UNC, etc. With that being said, if you manage to still have fun watching the sh!tshow on the field, it's your right to continue going.
What I am saying is this entire #notadime thing is just preaching to the choir. Those of us that can't sit through a game where our team plays like crap will already have decided on our own to not go the game. Those people that don't really care will keep going regardless. Yeah, they will have fun, because the don't care about the team, it's just a social event to them many of the don't even stay past the 3rd quarter. It works itself out. Or it would if we didn't have an idiot running our show by falling in love with one of the worst coaches in the country.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
Acc to stats from the Gamecock Club (http://thegamecockclub.com/benefits/)

There are 13 Diamond Spur ($31,500)
43 Platinum Spur ($15,750)
121 Golden Spur ($10,500)
98 Garnet Spur ($7,350)
1036 Silver Spur ($3,500)
1848 Full Scholarship ($1,600)
2332 Half Scholarship ($760)
2404 Roundhouse ($400)
3039 Century ($175)
1184 Roost ($100)

Premium seat donations add another $1,500 per seat, and then you get to buy the ticket. Wanna see some real eye-popping prices, look at what suites cost in donations, fees, and rent: https://thegamecockclub.com/premium-seating/

A few #notonedimers posting here is not keeping the AD staff up at night unless your name happens to appear at some of these higher levels. With a budget over $125MM per year, there is going to need to be a whole lot of you actually withholding money.

But so far, nobody has posted "I donated ___ and I am stopping." Not one. A couple of people have said they will or might reduce or stop buying tickets, certainly well within normal turnover (I was part of that a few years ago as are others as situations change and kids grow up). But no actual pledges to stop supporting the school financially. Typical 2019 hashtag BS. Virtue signalling with no real substance.

We are Silver Spur donors for the last 15 years with the purchase of 6 tickets yearly. We are giving them all up next year. Total expense with parking is around $8,000.00 yearly. We are both alumni but we refuse to keep contributing to a program that is willing to except mediocrity. Buying a boat and enjoying my fall weekends without all the heartache and heartburn. We also went to away games and Bowl games, but we've had enough!!!!

Reactions: HoldenOversoul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT