ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing on here about new white & garnet jerseys?

SpurrierWalkedOnBeer

May 8, 2020
Daughter just told me she read something about it on Twitter.

I don’t do twitter or even know how it worked, so....

I think they will look good if we win and no one will care what they will look like...

EhMLwpnXcAM42Mu

EhMLwpjX0AEiS7K

Last edited:
Looks red, not garnet. But I've never cared about what they wear. I just want to see victories.

as often the case with our uniforms they can look very different depending on the Lightning. I’ll wait to see in person but it does look lighter. I feel Under Armour has done the best job of trying to get a consistent color for us so I’d be surprised to see the color lighten up that much after 12-13 years of having a decent shade. We’ll see.

What’s crazy is these jerseys were worn during the scrimmage last night but we have zero pics of them in action. Feels like fans have zero access to this team other than Saturdays.

You would think the current staff would want to do everything it can to have a favorable impression at this point, but it seems like budget cuts due to Coronavirus has caused a lot of job security to kick in across the college football landscape.

Like em. Now if they can bring back the George Roger's era helmets, we'll be looking extra sharp.

Reactions: redrogers
I guess the white and garnet will have "CAROLINA" on the front of the jerseys. The weird, tiny Block C will be gone from the shoulders. If this is all the case, these changes will be good to me.

I still don't like the "CAROLINA" font. I would prefer "GAMECOCKS". It also seems that the black jerseys will still be the throwbacks with the fake mesh numbers. I find that kind of weird.

And in practice pictures, the helmets have decals that are given for good play, grades, etc.

I guess the white and garnet will have "CAROLINA" on the front of the jerseys. The weird, tiny Block C will be gone from the shoulders. If this is all the case, these changes will be good to me.

I still don't like the "CAROLINA" font. I would prefer "GAMECOCKS". It also seems that the black jerseys will still be the throwbacks with the fake mesh numbers. I find that kind of weird.
I'm Ok with both CAROLINA & GAMECOCKS. Same with white and garnet helmets. I thought the stripes on the pants they did last year were the best ever. A nice retro/modern touch.

So the large numbers are back? Yes!
Hope they have V necks like my profile picture.

Agreed. The different color combinations never bothered me. They all look good to me and if they get players and recruits a little extra excited, then why not do it? (Except for all black, our football team generally plays poorly during a Black Out).

My only critique has been the numbers have been too small on the jerseys. Didn’t look so bad on the skill position players, but a big O-lineman with tiny number high on his chest and back made it look like his jersey had ridden up his back and needed to be pulled down. The big numbers will be a welcome change to clean up our look, especially for the big nasties.

Agreed. The different color combinations never bothered me. They all look good to me and if they get players and recruits a little extra excited, then why not do it? (Except for all black, our football team generally plays poorly during a Black Out).

My only critique has been the numbers have been too small on the jerseys. Didn’t look so bad on the skill position players, but a big O-lineman with tiny number high on his chest and back made it look like his jersey had ridden up his back and needed to be pulled down. The big numbers will be a welcome change to clean up our look, especially for the big nasties.
They generally play bad in a blackout because they generally play elite teams.

I must say, I like a redder tint. I know that is not a popular idea, but the garnet has always struck me as a "heavy" color. Of course, if we are gonna huddle and run the ball, perhaps we should go all in on the "heavy" colors.

What’s crazy is these jerseys were worn during the scrimmage last night but we have zero pics of them in action. Feels like fans have zero access to this team other than Saturdays.

We are only needed on Saturdays.

These are a huge swing and a miss. The garnet jersey’s stripes don’t match the garnet helmet, and I suspect the garnet pants won’t either. The white pants striping, used last year and coming back based on the bookstore display below, doesn’t match the white helmet’s stripes. The white jersey is an unfortunate reminder of the Fat Brad era and also doesn’t match the stripes on the white helmet. Finally, the black helmet striping doesn’t match that on the black fake throwback jersey they are using again this year.

Until we can get consistent with the color, let's forget striping.

Garnet, not red, crimson or maroon.

It is amazing that this topic comes up every single year. I've always thought that unis were used as a subject to distract from deficiencies on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT