ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Student Only Seating Policy

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
I think this is a great idea. It makes sense from a local standpoint, emphasizes distancing to students, who one day might get it, and puts the people who will be loudest and wildest for a small crowd in the stadium. And it treats all donors the same. The big givers will not go away. Any others who leave for any other reason were headed that way.

And, at a time when college campuses really must try to reduce the "college experience", students catch a break.

I don't really think they believe limiting to students is going to help reduce Covid, but it's a nice nod to the community and voids donor complaints. I still like the idea of giving the students a break here.

Btw, given attendance declines, maybe it's time to build that intimate on campus stadium at the Horseshoe. Many of the buildings around it won't be used much longer in the digital age.

I like the idea of giving students the first crack at seats and I’m a season ticket holder. I’ll actually be giving my daughter (Freshman) and her roommate our allotment of tickets

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I've too have felt this way, particularly in the arena at Bball games.

Smart. I’m sure Students and faculty have already signed Covid release forms to be on campus.

Reactions: fowl_mood
I don't really think they believe limiting to students is going to help reduce Covid, but it's a nice nod to the community and voids donor complaints. I still like the idea of giving the students a break here.

Btw, given attendance declines, maybe it's time to build that intimate on campus stadium at the Horseshoe. Many of the buildings around it won't be used much longer in the digital age.
Where exactly? Surely you don't mean replacing the Horseshoe with a stadium.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
I was crushed by this. I had my tickets bought, flight booked, and hotel booked. Tickets got refunded. Thankfully I could cancel my hotel and use my flight at a later date or I would have been pissed. I have been looking forward to this trip for years. Hopefully I can make it the next time Clemson goes there.

Reactions: FJRTiger
I was crushed by this. I had my tickets bought, flight booked, and hotel booked. Tickets got refunded. Thankfully I could cancel my hotel and use my flight at a later date or I would have been pissed. I have been looking forward to this trip for years. Hopefully I can make it the next time Clemson goes there.
I can understand your frustrations. It will be more fun when it's a bigger crowd, a better ND team and Campus at full speed.

I think this is a great idea. It makes sense from a local standpoint, emphasizes distancing to students, who one day might get it, and puts the people who will be loudest and wildest for a small crowd in the stadium. And it treats all donors the same. The big givers will not go away. Any others who leave for any other reason were headed that way.

And, at a time when college campuses really must try to reduce the "college experience", students catch a break.

That & a proverbial s... load of holy water 💦.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I think it might be preferable, and cheaper, to build more campus around the stadium than to move a stadium and its parking up to the center of the campus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT